• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4,361
  • Content Per Day:  2.35
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/03/1953

You might remember Jesus said, "Repent, for the kingdom of heaven is at hand" (Matthew 4:17 RSV). I submit to you that we can not understand its meaning until we’ve repented of our sin. I also submit to you that some of our church leaders, theologians, and biblical scholars have not repented of their sin, so when they try to explain the verse’s meaning, they speak nonsense. It’s important that we obey God so we can understand him, as opposed to believing everything church leaders, biblical scholars, and theologians tell us.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  238
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  6,778
  • Content Per Day:  3.24
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

2 hours ago, johnthebaptist said:

You might remember Jesus said, "Repent, for the kingdom of heaven is at hand" (Matthew 4:17 RSV). I submit to you that we can not understand its meaning until we’ve repented of our sin. I also submit to you that some of our church leaders, theologians, and biblical scholars have not repented of their sin, so when they try to explain the verse’s meaning, they speak nonsense. It’s important that we obey God so we can understand him, as opposed to believing everything church leaders, biblical scholars, and theologians tell us.

Do Not Judge: Matthew 7:3
2For with the same judgment you pronounce, you will be judged; and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you. 3Why do you look at the speck in your brother’s eye, but fail to notice the beam in your own eye? 4How can you say to your brother, ‘Let me take the speck out of your eye,’ while there is still a beam in your own eye?…

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Michael37 said:

Do Not Judge: Matthew 7:3
2For with the same judgment you pronounce, you will be judged; and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you. 3Why do you look at the speck in your brother’s eye, but fail to notice the beam in your own eye? 4How can you say to your brother, ‘Let me take the speck out of your eye,’ while there is still a beam in your own eye?…

It isn't good when our church leaders are leading us astray.

29 minutes ago, johnthebaptist said:

It isn't good when our church leaders are leading us astray.

True. Agree 100%. I responded to the thread title with something Jesus said, and which we must not lose sight of.

3 minutes ago, Michael37 said:

True. Agree 100%. I responded to the thread title with something Jesus said, and which we must not lose sight of.

When we judge someone, we'd better be prepared to be judged. But if there were no judgment, murderers, and the like, would go free.

9 minutes ago, johnthebaptist said:

When we judge someone, we'd better be prepared to be judged. But if there were no judgment, murderers, and the like, would go free.

Are we following the Word of God, aligning with the Will of God, and doing the Work of God? If not why not? By all means we must challenge those who are transgressing, but we must repent of hypocrisy if we do not walk the talk.

Rom 2:1-11
(1)  Therefore you are inexcusable, O man, whoever you are who judge, for in whatever you judge another you condemn yourself; for you who judge practice the same things.
(2)  But we know that the judgment of God is according to truth against those who practice such things.
(3)  And do you think this, O man, you who judge those practicing such things, and doing the same, that you will escape the judgment of God?
(4)  Or do you despise the riches of His goodness, forbearance, and longsuffering, not knowing that the goodness of God leads you to repentance?
(5)  But in accordance with your hardness and your impenitent heart you are treasuring up for yourself wrath in the day of wrath and revelation of the righteous judgment of God,
(6)  who "WILL RENDER TO EACH ONE ACCORDING TO HIS DEEDS":
(7)  eternal life to those who by patient continuance in doing good seek for glory, honor, and immortality;
(8)  but to those who are self-seeking and do not obey the truth, but obey unrighteousness—indignation and wrath,
(9)  tribulation and anguish, on every soul of man who does evil, of the Jew first and also of the Greek;
(10)  but glory, honor, and peace to everyone who works what is good, to the Jew first and also to the Greek.
(11)  For there is no partiality with God.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Michael37 said:

Are we following the Word of God, aligning with the Will of God, and doing the Work of God? If not why not? By all means we must challenge those who are transgressing, but we must repent of hypocrisy if we do not walk the talk.

Rom 2:1-11
(1)  Therefore you are inexcusable, O man, whoever you are who judge, for in whatever you judge another you condemn yourself; for you who judge practice the same things.
(2)  But we know that the judgment of God is according to truth against those who practice such things.
(3)  And do you think this, O man, you who judge those practicing such things, and doing the same, that you will escape the judgment of God?
(4)  Or do you despise the riches of His goodness, forbearance, and longsuffering, not knowing that the goodness of God leads you to repentance?
(5)  But in accordance with your hardness and your impenitent heart you are treasuring up for yourself wrath in the day of wrath and revelation of the righteous judgment of God,
(6)  who "WILL RENDER TO EACH ONE ACCORDING TO HIS DEEDS":
(7)  eternal life to those who by patient continuance in doing good seek for glory, honor, and immortality;
(8)  but to those who are self-seeking and do not obey the truth, but obey unrighteousness—indignation and wrath,
(9)  tribulation and anguish, on every soul of man who does evil, of the Jew first and also of the Greek;
(10)  but glory, honor, and peace to everyone who works what is good, to the Jew first and also to the Greek.
(11)  For there is no partiality with God.

We must repent of all our sin. We also want to protect our congregations from those who, for personal gain, would lead us astray.

• Well Said! 1

3 minutes ago, johnthebaptist said:

We must repent of all our sin. We also want to protect our congregations from those who, for personal gain, would lead us astray.

Huh. You think you can fix the Babylonian institutional system of organised religion... better all God's people obey His Word and come out of it.

2Co 6:17  Therefore "COME OUT FROM AMONG THEM AND BE SEPARATE, SAYS THE LORD. DO NOT TOUCH WHAT IS UNCLEAN, AND I WILL RECEIVE YOU."

Rev 18:4-8
(4)  And I heard another voice from heaven saying, "Come out of her, my people, lest you share in her sins, and lest you receive of her plagues.
(5)  For her sins have reached to heaven, and God has remembered her iniquities.
(6)  Render to her just as she rendered to you, and repay her double according to her works; in the cup which she has mixed, mix double for her.
(7)  In the measure that she glorified herself and lived luxuriously, in the same measure give her torment and sorrow; for she says in her heart, 'I sit as queen, and am no widow, and will not see sorrow.'
(8)  Therefore her plagues will come in one day—death and mourning and famine. And she will be utterly burned with fire, for strong is the Lord God who judges her.

• This is Worthy 1

10 minutes ago, Michael37 said:

Huh. You think you can fix the Babylonian institutional system of organised religion... better all God's people obey His Word and come out of it.

2Co 6:17  Therefore "COME OUT FROM AMONG THEM AND BE SEPARATE, SAYS THE LORD. DO NOT TOUCH WHAT IS UNCLEAN, AND I WILL RECEIVE YOU."

Rev 18:4-8
(4)  And I heard another voice from heaven saying, "Come out of her, my people, lest you share in her sins, and lest you receive of her plagues.
(5)  For her sins have reached to heaven, and God has remembered her iniquities.
(6)  Render to her just as she rendered to you, and repay her double according to her works; in the cup which she has mixed, mix double for her.
(7)  In the measure that she glorified herself and lived luxuriously, in the same measure give her torment and sorrow; for she says in her heart, 'I sit as queen, and am no widow, and will not see sorrow.'
(8)  Therefore her plagues will come in one day—death and mourning and famine. And she will be utterly burned with fire, for strong is the Lord God who judges her.

What I think I can do is stand up for what God has taught us.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.91
  • Days Won:  5

15 hours ago, johnthebaptist said:

Jesus said, “ Repent”. He did NOT say “Repent of Sins”........Essentially He was saying “ Turn to God”.That will get results .Being  sorry for sins ain’t gonna save anybody. One needs  to find a way for Justification before God ....THAT is something that will save a person. The Tax Collector That wouldn’t even look up to Heaven yet cried out, “ God, have mercy on me , a sinner. HE went home JUSTIFIED ! That’s the type of True Repentance God   Requires For Salvation .Why would Jesus or John the Baptist preach anything less than something that would get the job done ?

• Well Said! 2