IGNORED

What is your interpretation of this scripture?

joebloggs

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.40
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

2 minutes ago, maryjayne said:

There's a lot of admonishion to men about how to treat their wives. Acting like a wife is a slave or lesser human is not biblical.

We can't pick and choose scripture, but we can make sure our understanding of what the Bible says is correct.

MJ you are loved .     the word you are looking for is admonition .

Its okay dear sister ,   I promise I am not poking fun .    MJ ,     you be encouraged . 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.26
  • Days Won:  115

3 minutes ago, maryjayne said:

There's a lot of admonishion to men about how to treat their wives. Acting like a wife is a slave or lesser human is not biblical.

We can't pick and choose scripture, but we can make sure our understanding of what the Bible says is correct.

So true.  Just read Ephesians 5.  Men who treat their wives like slaves are not men of God.

• Thumbs Up 3

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4,361
  • Content Per Day:  2.35
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/03/1953

1 minute ago, OneLight said:

About 2000 years have gone by since Paul wrote the epistles.  Have you ever considered the culture it was written in, or are you basing the scripture only on what the world is like today?

If you are arguing that God had Paul say something that was true then, but not true now, I disagree. I just think Paul spoke errantly. I've heard that same argument about homosexuality. They say it was wrong in Old Testament times, but it's okay now. Anyway, I take Paul's epistles, and the entire Bible, at face value. Otherwise you can disbelieve the whole book - even direct quotations of God and Jesus.

• This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.40
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

Everyone , pretend you all just did not see that .   if folks knew I actually knew English and how to write grammar ,     I would then be expected to write well .

So don't let anyone know I can write well or spell .      I would have to actually put peroids , commas , quoates and restructure my sentences .  AND PHEW that is lots of work .  SO 

can we just pretend me a dummy .   BUT at least KNOW I LOVE THE LORD and just truly desire none to perish . 

6 minutes ago, maryjayne said:

I believe only Jesus and God had the authority to issue commandments. The epistle writers teach us a lot, but they didn't have the authority to issue commandments, I don't believe.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,763
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

3 minutes ago, johnthebaptist said:

If you are arguing that God had Paul say something that was true then, but not true now, I disagree. I just think Paul spoke errantly. I've heard that same argument about homosexuality. They say it was wrong in Old Testament times, but it's okay now. Anyway, I take Paul's epistles, and the entire Bible, at face value. Otherwise you can disbelieve the whole book - even direct quotations of God and Jesus.

I disagree. I just think Paul spoke errantly.

I take Paul's epistles, and the entire Bible, at face value. Otherwise you can disbelieve the whole book - even direct quotations of God and Jesus.

Are you a born again Christian John ?

• Thanks 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.26
  • Days Won:  115

1 minute ago, johnthebaptist said:

John, do you go to a Synagogue where men are separated from the women, where men are the only ones who speak?  Have you researched the culture of Paul's days?

There is a world of difference between women not being allowed to speak in the Synagogue and homosexuality - why even try to go down this rabbit hole?

Yet, you do not believe what Paul states about the Synagogue.  Either you accept the whole bible as true, or not.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,763
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

13 minutes ago, johnthebaptist said:

I believe the Holy Spirit is God. I'm sure he inspired most of the Bible, but not Paul's remarks about women remaining silent in churches and obeying each and every command issued by their husbands.

Where does t say that you can pick and choose of what to believe from the Bible?

Every word of God is pure; He is a shield to those who take refuge in Him. 6Do not add to His words, lest He rebuke you and prove you a liar.Proverbs 30:5

4 minutes ago, nzkev said:

Jesus Rules over the Church And The Church Loves him, The church doesn't Speak For Jesus it points To the Word, See how that works

But then we need to define "The Word." I define it as those times God or Jesus are quoted in the Bible. Others define it as the entire Bible.

Edited by johnthebaptist

5 minutes ago, angels4u said:

Are you a born again Christian John ?

Yes, I would say I am, though it isn't something normally discussed in our church.