IGNORED

What is your interpretation of this scripture?

joebloggs

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4,361
  • Content Per Day:  2.32
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/03/1953

4 minutes ago, angels4u said:

I warn everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: if anyone adds to them, God will add to him the plagues described in this book, 19 and if anyone takes away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God will take away his share in the tree of life and in the holy city, which are described in this book.Rev.22:18

Was this verse referring to the Book of Revelation or the entire Bible?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,065
  • Content Per Day:  7.97
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

In holiness place and position is not equated to a value system

Phil 2:5-9

5 Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus:

6 Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:

7 But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:

8 And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.

9 Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name:
KJV

thus for the man created for God same with listed responsibility as such

thus for the woman who was created for the man same with listed responsibility as such 

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Content Count:  4,361
  • Content Per Day:  2.32
  • Birthday:  02/03/1953

6 minutes ago, other one said:

Rule over them.....   God told us to love our wives the way he loved the Church...    he sat by and let a group of people beat him half to death then hang him on a tree to die....   

That's the way we are supposed to treat our wives, not "rule" over them....   and when we are treating them in that manor, they are to subject themselves to us....   because what we do and decide is always   "ALWAYS" in their best interest....

I've watched Charles for decades and I don't believe he has ever said that Jesus came down and struck him blind then spent months teaching him how to spread the gospel to the gentiles.

Oh Well.....   Maybe it's just because I'm not a Baptist.....     I don't know.....

Paul said women were to obey their husbands.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.24
  • Days Won:  115

18 minutes ago, johnthebaptist said:

I believe we should obey all of God's commandments. They are found in the Bible. I do not believe the epistle writers had the authority to issue commandments.

There is only one time where Paul said anything on his own.  This can be read in 1 Corinthians 7:12.  As I said before, Paul, being a Pharisee of Pharisees, he knew the rules of the Synagogue and was stating just that. 

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.93
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

2 hours ago, johnthebaptist said:

I'm sure he inspired most of the Bible

Most of the bible? :huh:

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.93
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

2 hours ago, maryjayne said:

We can't pick and choose scripture, but we can make sure our understanding of what the Bible says is correct.

So many people these days are basing their entire doctrinal beliefs on YouTube videos from unreliable persons with motivational speaking skills. Others take segments from God's word and create their own personal demenomiations to live by. It's really quite sad. Now, don't get me wrong. I'm certainly not saying anyone on this thread is. I'm just stating that it does happen, and we get quite a lot of newbies here that do. It's commonly called, "cherry picking". 

Edited by BeauJangles

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,280
  • Content Per Day:  1.24
  • Days Won:  2

On 1/7/2020 at 1:49 PM, joebloggs said:

1 Corinthians 14:34-35 (NIV)

34 Women should remain silent in the churches. They are not allowed to speak, but must be in submission, as the law says. 35 If they want to inquire about something, they should ask their own husbands at home; for it is disgraceful for a woman to speak in the church.

what do you think this scripture intends to communicate to us?

It means women should not disrupt the church services by asking questions while the preacher is talking.  If they have questions, they are to wait and ask their husbands when they get home.

No scriptures are the personal opinions of men.  They are all the word of God.  That includes scriptures teaching gender roles.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  2,280
  • Content Per Day:  1.24
  • Days Won:  2

1 hour ago, BeauJangles said:

Most of the bible? :huh:

God inspired all of the Bible.

• Praise God! 1

• Group:  Catholic
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  89
  • Content Per Day:  0.06

18 hours ago, eileenhat said:

This topic wasn't discussed by Jesus, but just by his disciples.  They went with social morals of their time therefore, because their 'minister' said nothing on this topic, when phrasing their answers to such questions from their congregations/followers.  So should elders today phrase their answers with the morals of today, which state that women are equal in all duties, tasks etc. Bible related.

Found an excellent piece on this topic here: Link here  For those that want all the background details for the inclusion of 1 Corin. 14:33-36 in the Bible, told succinctly.

I did pray upon this topic and this was the answer the holy spirit led me to.

So, the Holy Spirit who inspired the Scriptures is confined by cultural norms?  I don't think so.

Feminism is a false Saviour invented by Satan.  Rare is the woman who hasn't fallen under its spell and who doesn't worship the Great False god of Equaliy.  Such women are the Eve's of the last days - totally deceived by the serpent; thinking they are being empowered, but have in fact been brainwashed into a cult of death and unnatural disorder.

It's no surprise that every nation that has embraced feminism now has negative births rates and aging populations - feminism is war against motherhood and life. 

What turned a trickle of abortions into a veritable flood within little more than a decade?   The feminist movement.  Who were the early leaders of this movement?  Atheists and communists.   And many of the proto-feminists - the Suffragettes - were involved in the occult.  Not much has changed - venture into any feminist bookshop and you will find it jammed full with literature on witchcraft, goddess worship, paganism and other forms of occultism.

• Group:  Catholic
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  89
  • Content Per Day:  0.06

On 1/8/2020 at 9:47 AM, other one said:

what parts of the Bible can I not trust....     Even the Gospels are what other people say Jesus said....     God or Jesus themselves did not say anything themselves in the bible.   The entire Bible is hearsay....   and it would be very dangerous to not trust any of it.

Are you saying you don't trust the Bible?

Edited by RogerDC