IGNORED

What is your interpretation of this scripture?

joebloggs

• Group:  Catholic
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  89
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0

10 hours ago, johnthebaptist said:

No, I believe in justice. I see no justice in telling a woman she can't speak in church and then telling a man that he can. 

Be careful, because great evils have occurred in the name of justice and equality - communism, for example.  Satan uses nice names like "Social justice ... Equality ... Human rights" to disguise his nefarious schemes.   I suspect that, like most deceived folks, you are very naive about the roots of feminism - the occult and communism.

What did the serpent offer Eve?  He offered her equality and empowerment.  But she got death instead.  What does feminism offer women?  It offers equality and empowerment.  But feminism ultimately delivers death instead -  in the form of negative birth-rates and ageing populations, which are genocide in slow-motion.

• Group:  Catholic
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  89
  • Content Per Day:  0.06

16 minutes ago, johnthebaptist said:

Well, God never said women can't speak in church. It was Paul who said it.

In that case, we can ignore everything Paul ever said, since he was not  inspired by the Holy Spirit to speak the word of God.

It was just the culture of the time. Just factor that into your thinking. Paul was just guiding the early church. Women had no real standing in those days, now we have, now is a better kinder fairer world in many ways. 

In fact man or woman, we are all the same to God. Let nothing distract us from following Christ and understanding the Bible. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.93
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

7 hours ago, johnthebaptist said:

If it's okay for women to speak in church today, then it was okay for women to speak in church during Paul's day.

Well, I guess the Apostle Paul didn't think so. At least that not what he said. :whistling:

3 hours ago, nzkev said:

Nothing wrong with shutting up really :)

Suppose that's true. Perhaps we need a lock on this thread. :rolleyes:

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Content Count:  4,361
  • Content Per Day:  2.32
  • Birthday:  02/03/1953

9 hours ago, RogerDC said:

Be careful, because great evils have occurred in the name of justice and equality - communism, for example.  Satan uses nice names like "Social justice ... Equality ... Human rights" to disguise his nefarious schemes.   I suspect that, like most deceived folks, you are very naive about the roots of feminism - the occult and communism.

What did the serpent offer Eve?  He offered her equality and empowerment.  But she got death instead.  What does feminism offer women?  It offers equality and empowerment.  But feminism ultimately delivers death instead -  in the form of negative birth-rates and ageing populations, which are genocide in slow-motion.

I believe we have the ability to determine what justice is. If I tell your neighbor he can speak in church, while telling you that you can't, you can see that is unjust. It wasn't God or Jesus who said women can't speak in church - it was Paul. At one time, God had a woman, Deborah, judging Israel.

9 hours ago, RogerDC said:

In that case, we can ignore everything Paul ever said, since he was not  inspired by the Holy Spirit to speak the word of God.

Just like a good pastor has much to teach, so did Paul. I wouldn't recommend ignoring him. Either way, you can't ignore what God and Jesus taught and commanded, and they are quoted frequently (and often ignored, I am sorry to say).

2 hours ago, BeauJangles said:

Well, I guess the Apostle Paul didn't think so. At least that not what he said. :whistling:

No, the thought of women speaking in church seemed to make him angry.

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.24
  • Days Won:  115

10 hours ago, johnthebaptist said:

If it's okay for women to speak in church today, then it was okay for women to speak in church during Paul's day.

With that mind set - if it is ok today, it was ok then - tells me that you conform your beliefs in scripture to your life instead of conforming your life to scripture.  That is just the opposite of what scripture tells us.

• This is Worthy 1
  • Well Said! 1

Just now, johnthebaptist said:

No, the thought of women speaking in church seemed to make him angry.

The Apostle Paul was a man of tremendous revelation from the Lord, and most of our New Testament was inspired writings directly from him. Doctrine was revealed to him, and the church established Christianity from Paul through the Holy Spirit. He was passionate in the faith of his calling, and did comment on occasion that it was himself and not the Lord's commision. Those have been posted previously. But angry? I don't think so, John. Why do you feel this was the situation? The only times I can see where he might have had righteous indignation was when sin had entered into the body of Christ. Those writings do indicate he was upset. That again was impressed of the Holy Spirit.