IGNORED

What is your interpretation of this scripture?

joebloggs

• Steward

• Group:  Steward
  • Followers:  110
  • Topic Count:  10,460
  • Topics Per Day:  1.26
  • Content Count:  27,738
  • Content Per Day:  3.34
  • Days Won:  126
  • Birthday:  09/21/1971

1 hour ago, RogerDC said:

You sound very naïve when it comes to identifying demonic activity in the world … speaking of which feminism is a very obvious example.  Don’t blame me for your child-like ignorance and blindness. 

@RogerDCThis is a personal attack and is not tolerated on Worthy ... please take note ... this is your only warning.  Be blessed!  :)

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,204
  • Content Per Day:  3.35
  • Days Won:  30

1Co 1:26  For consider your calling, brothers: not many of you were wise according to worldly standards, not many were powerful, not many were of noble birth.

1Co 1:27  But God chose what is foolish in the world to shame the wise; God chose what is weak in the world to shame the strong;

1Co 1:28  God chose what is low and despised in the world, even things that are not, to bring to nothing things that are,

1Co 1:29  so that no human being might boast in the presence of God.

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4,361
  • Content Per Day:  2.35
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/03/1953

11 hours ago, RogerDC said:

You said you don't put your faith in the Bible, but you trust the Bible.  Confusing.

I trust the Bible to be an accurate account. Paul's letters are genuine. I just don't think Paul was right 100% of the time.

10 hours ago, RogerDC said:

Yes, he did:

11Let the woman learn in silence with all subjection. 12But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence. 13For Adam was first formed, then Eve. 14And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression. 15Notwithstanding she shall be saved in childbearing, if they continue in faith and charity and holiness with sobriety. (1Tim 2)

Adam also ate the fruit, so I would say he also was deceived.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  496
  • Content Per Day:  0.14

On 1/7/2020 at 1:49 PM, joebloggs said:

1 Corinthians 14:34-35 (NIV)

34 Women should remain silent in the churches. They are not allowed to speak, but must be in submission, as the law says. 35 If they want to inquire about something, they should ask their own husbands at home; for it is disgraceful for a woman to speak in the church.

what do you think this scripture intends to communicate to us?

I don't believe this is a gender specific instruction. Paul writes it as gender specific because it was women who were causing the issue in Corinthian Church at that time. The whole chapter deals with orderly worship inside Church. Paul talks about how people should not prophesy in tongues (to the congregation) when there is no one to interpret. How people should not talk over each other. Then he comes to this specific point. I think it is disgraceful for anyone (man or woman) to speak in the Church during a service. That is, speaking without being prompted by Holy Spirit. And in Corinthian Church the women were probably speaking up or speaking among themselves. If someone misses a point in the sermon because they were tending to their kids, it would be inappropriate to ask their spouse (audibly) what did he or she miss. If multiple people start doing this, it would quickly escalate to chaos. In Corinthian Church, the wives were doing this and Paul refers to women. The principle is for men as well, just as the whole chapter deals with orderly worship within a Church.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,763
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

50 minutes ago, johnthebaptist said:

Adam also ate the fruit, so I would say he also was deceived.

For Adam was formed first, then Eve. And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived, fell into transgression (1 Timothy 2:13,14).

Eve was deceived by the serpent, Adam was not and knew he was not obeying God.

• Thumbs Up 1

55 minutes ago, johnthebaptist said:

I trust the Bible to be an accurate account. Paul's letters are genuine. I just don't think Paul was right 100% of the time.

6All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for instruction, for conviction, for correction, and for training in righteousness, 17so that the man of God may be complete, fully equipped for every good work.…

. 19And if anyone takes away from the words of this book of prophecy, God will take away his share in the tree of life and in the holy city, which are described in this book. Rev.22:19

1 minute ago, Margo1945 said:

I accept that Paul and Timothy meant what they said but they were chauvinists .. lol 

nope,they were not,they did do what God told them to do :)

15 minutes ago, angels4u said:

For Adam was formed first, then Eve. And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived, fell into transgression (1 Timothy 2:13,14).

Eve was deceived by the serpent, Adam was not and knew he was not obeying God.

Then why did Adam eat the fruit?

13 minutes ago, angels4u said:

6All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for instruction, for conviction, for correction, and for training in righteousness, 17so that the man of God may be complete, fully equipped for every good work.…

. 19And if anyone takes away from the words of this book of prophecy, God will take away his share in the tree of life and in the holy city, which are described in this book. Rev.22:19

Paul was not talking about his own letters.

I believe the verse you quoted in Revelation is talking about the book of Revelation, not the entire Bible.