• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  1,190
  • Topics Per Day:  0.68
  • Content Count:  1,742
  • Content Per Day:  1.00
  • Days Won:  0

“Give your entire attention to what God is doing right now,

and don't get worked up about what may or may not happen tomorrow.

God will help you deal with whatever hard things come up when the time comes.”

Matthew 6:34 

In some ways, Christians are homeless.

Our true home is waiting for us, prepared by the Lord Jesus Christ.

Billy Graham

• This is Worthy 1
  • Thanks 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  771
  • Topics Per Day:  0.34
  • Content Count:  6,935
  • Content Per Day:  3.07
  • Days Won:  1

If christians are homeless why he need to buy a ranch n department store worth Millions dollar.

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.93
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

8 minutes ago, R. Hartono said:

If christians are homeless why he need to buy a ranch n department store worth Millions dollar.

The quote from Billy Graham is not saying Christians are homeless. He's making an analogy. 

12 hours ago, Daily verse and quote said:

In some ways, Christians are homeless.

Billy Graham

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  951
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,565
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

15 hours ago, R. Hartono said:

Perhaps to  become a most wonderful place of retreat for many a believer in Christ Jesus. I sure enjoyed it and gained appreciation of it from actually having been there and staying at Christmas to attend a Fernando Ortega concert. I also see now that there are so many pretty fine opportunities to dig into that word of God to attend various conferences and studies there. And to just hang out with individuals, from around the country USA plus other regions on earth, that come to fellowship, sharing and praying, and worshipping our Lord  Jesus.

It is a beautifully calming facility, one of few distractions, centered on Jesus our Lord and savior. The architecture fits the mountains so very well. it feels comfortable, compatible with the surround of the trees and mountain.

At first i was surprised to see no tv in our room. Then I got it, retreat! Safe harbor!  Restore and rejuvinate, learn, pray, it is wonderful. We have already reserved a room  for a concert there for this year. The cost for two inluding some pretty nice banquet food is very very reasonable compared to anything I spend  elsewhere while on the road.

The surrounding mountain grounds are certainly worth viewing. We had to flee early after the concert last time because of an intense snow storm last year, even that was kinda fun, what with the snow and all.

This year's calendar of events at The Cove has just been mailed out. The events for the year 2020 are also online at https://thecove.org/events/ Anyone interested may find  any one of them  to be a personal highlight of this year. Travel into North Carolina, USA. It is  a grand place to visit. Some of us never want to leave, some of us become what are called half backs. We each left the cold northern climes for the subtropics, but now return halfway back. I love it, even have thought I might try to become a summer time volunteer at the Cove. But hav einstead ben led to a church west of there, and perhaps into some service at  that church.

God is good. So good!

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. While in this world we need to do all the basics: A place to live, food on the table, employment, etc., not everyone has "eternity" in mind, but are trying to make the most of life while they can. Sad, but true.  Christians, on the other hand, should be thinking, not in material wealth, but in spiritual "wealth" which we store up as our heavenly reward.

• This is Worthy 1

What an experience at The Cove. Wow! If only all of us could have been there. Thanks for sharing.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  771
  • Topics Per Day:  0.34
  • Content Count:  6,935
  • Content Per Day:  3.07

9 hours ago, Neighbor said:

Perhaps to  become a most wonderful place of retreat for many a believer in Christ Jesus. I sure enjoyed it and gained appreciation of it from actually having been there and staying at Christmas to attend a Fernando Ortega concert. I also see now that there are so many pretty fine opportunities to dig into that word of God to attend various conferences and studies there. And to just hang out with individuals, from around the country USA plus other regions on earth, that come to fellowship, sharing and praying, and worshipping our Lord  Jesus.

It is a beautifully calming facility, one of few distractions, centered on Jesus our Lord and savior. The architecture fits the mountains so very well. it feels comfortable, compatible with the surround of the trees and mountain.

At first i was surprised to see no tv in our room. Then I got it, retreat! Safe harbor!  Restore and rejuvinate, learn, pray, it is wonderful. We have already reserved a room  for a concert there for this year. The cost for two inluding some pretty nice banquet food is very very reasonable compared to anything I spend  elsewhere while on the road.

The surrounding mountain grounds are certainly worth viewing. We had to flee early after the concert last time because of an intense snow storm last year, even that was kinda fun, what with the snow and all.

This year's calendar of events at The Cove has just been mailed out. The events for the year 2020 are also online at https://thecove.org/events/ Anyone interested may find  any one of them  to be a personal highlight of this year. Travel into North Carolina, USA. It is  a grand place to visit. Some of us never want to leave, some of us become what are called half backs. We each left the cold northern climes for the subtropics, but now return halfway back. I love it, even have thought I might try to become a summer time volunteer at the Cove. But hav einstead ben led to a church west of there, and perhaps into some service at  that church.

God is good. So good!

There are no poor Lazarus bring comforted there while u enjoy urself.

• Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  206
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  5,608
  • Content Per Day:  2.84
  • Days Won:  33

On 1/9/2020 at 12:02 PM, Daily verse and quote said:

Billy Graham

Amen! I love both of those passages. So true. Thanks for sharing this.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  635
  • Content Per Day:  0.39

On 1/9/2020 at 7:02 AM, Daily verse and quote said:

Billy Graham

Amen!? not always so easy to do but working on it! God bless ?

I have a suspicion that none of us on this earth have achieved perfection.

But someday, by God's grace, we will.