• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  470
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/07/1946

Mary was found with child of the Holy Ghost. But still king David is in the genealogy. It is not mentioned as a moral ancestry but as real though Joseph was not His biological father, right? I am sure there is an answer to this question as the question has always been on the surface. They must have answered this question a long time ago but I could not find it. Please, explain it to me.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  47
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

You're looking at Matthew, right? Luke also has Jesus' genealogy and it follows the genealogy of Mary. Both list David.

It seems many scholars are in disagreement and the differences in the two lists have been used to attack the gospel's accuracy. However, just cause we don't understand doesn't mean there is nothing to understand. Matthew and Luke must've clearly had a method and the veracity of the genealogies is either on scrolls lost to time or known by the believers then, but unknown among us today.

To me, since David is on both lists, perhaps both Mary and Joseph had David's blood, but were so distantly related so as for it to not be yucky.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  2,280
  • Content Per Day:  1.24
  • Days Won:  2

The genealogy is showing the natural blood line to show Jesus as the son of David and heir to the throne, but God is his Father.  Mary was a virgin when Jesus was conceived.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  105
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,803
  • Content Per Day:  1.29
  • Days Won:  2

Both Mary and Joseph are descendants from King David.  They had to be.  Jesus is prophesied to be descended from David.  Whether the Jewish people of the Bible saw Jesus as the literal and biological son of Mary or the Jewish "legal" son of Joseph or both [which he was], the prophecy is protected by God having both Mary and Joseph a descendant of King David.

In Matthew we see that Joseph came from King David's son, Solomon. 

In Luke, we see that Mary came for King David's son, Nathan [not the prophet Nathan].  

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Well Said! 2

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.93
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

3 minutes ago, Jayne said:

Both Mary and Joseph are descendants from King David.  They had to be.  Jesus is prophesied to be descended from David.

Amen, Jayne. This is so true. God bless you, sister. Well said, and nice post.

9 hours ago, Jayne said:

Both Mary and Joseph are descendants from King David.  They had to be.  Jesus is prophesied to be descended from David.  Whether the Jewish people of the Bible saw Jesus as the literal and biological son of Mary or the Jewish "legal" son of Joseph or both [which he was], the prophecy is protected by God having both Mary and Joseph a descendant of King David.

In Luke, we see that Mary came for King David's son, Nathan [not the prophet Nathan].  

Thank you. I got the answer. It is all clear to me now.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  347
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,447
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

12 hours ago, vlad said:

Mary was found with child of the Holy Ghost. But still king David is in the genealogy. It is not mentioned as a moral ancestry but as real though Joseph was not His biological father, right? I am sure there is an answer to this question as the question has always been on the surface. They must have answered this question a long time ago but I could not find it. Please, explain it to me.

To answer your question if I'm understanding it correctly; and this is from memory and might not be accurate.

Genesis 3:15 (KJV) And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.

Genesis 3:15 is the very first prophecy in the Bible, and has to do with the promised coming Messiah. Women do not have 'seed', only men do. I believe this verse is a shadow of the coming Messiah through the genealogy of Mary. Both Joseph and Mary were in the blood line of King David. Ruth was also in the bloodline and genealogy of Jesus.

Jesus' mother Mary was a virgin and knew no mortal man and was espoused to Joseph. To be 'espoused' in that day meant they were more or less legally,committed and married. The Holy Spirit was the 'seed' and Father of Jesus. So, Jesus was 100% man and 100% God in the flesh.

It's interesting to see the number of times and ways Satan tried to destroy the bloodline of the coming Messiah. And the curve balls the Lord threw at Satan to thwart his plan. 

Did I answer your question if I understood it right?

Edited by Dennis1209

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  347
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,447
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

10 hours ago, Jayne said:

Well said!

The Hebrews / Jew's kept meticulous records of royal and priestly bloodlines and were recorded and preserved by our Lord in His word. It proved without a doubt the prophecies and bloodline of Jesus that can't be argued with. Apparently, these records stopped and/or were lost from the diaspora of 70 A.D. onward? As the Temple Institute had to use DNA technology to identify the blood linage of the Levites / Aaronic priesthood, to train them for the coming third Temple to be built and sacrifices. 

14 hours ago, vlad said:

Hey whats up Vlad, this has been on my mind fairly recently as well, since I breed dogs and plants hahaha...well first notice in Mathew, 14 generations are promised, count them and there is 13?

No1 else I know has this understanding yet, but I know as a plant breeder I can store pollen from a male plant for very long amounts of time without that pollen going bad here on earth, long after that male is dead. How much more can the Father?

And I think its in John where he told The Pharisees, YHWH can bring seed of Abraham from outta these stones...In Psalms He told David I have begotten you this day..(a form of reproduction.?)

Understand: in nature plants, animals, humans, breed according to "the Law of the land"(that does not mean government laws haha) finding there own mates, or open pollination in fields of plants. 

Now when I step in that field and I select out of 1000 plants the best possible phenotypes of the entire field, the STAR male and female(which may be generations apart before I locate one or the other) and breed those together, we now have "selective breeding" taking place and a whole new unbelievable offspring is born! 

If The Father truly preformed the first ever human selective breeding, we would have all boxes checked...100% man check, 100%supernatural check. Legit Virgin Birth Check. Him being the true son of David by flesh and Mary with The High preist in her genes,,seems to start looking like a selective breeding project....

Also, another cool example of breeding relating to the Word...if I take a landrace corn from india, and a landrace corn from america, breed them together(two plants from different worlds, having ZERO shared family lineage yet compatible for breeding) the offspring will be what we call a true F1 hybrid...the offspring of f1 hybrids WILL show F1 Hybrid Vigour, they will grow much bigger faster, crazy yields, they truly become GIANTS! Haha so if a Angel and Human bred, its very safe to say we would see F1 hybrid vigour. 

Edited by Bandit

On 1/10/2020 at 5:44 PM, Dennis1209 said:

To answer your question if I'm understanding it correctly; and this is from memory and might not be accurate.

Genesis 3:15 (KJV) And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.

Genesis 3:15 is the very first prophecy in the Bible, and has to do with the promised coming Messiah. Women do not have 'seed', only men do. I believe this verse is a shadow of the coming Messiah through the genealogy of Mary. Both Joseph and Mary were in the blood line of King David. Ruth was also in the bloodline and genealogy of Jesus.

Jesus' mother Mary was a virgin and knew no mortal man and was espoused to Joseph. To be 'espoused' in that day meant they were more or less legally,committed and married. The Holy Spirit was the 'seed' and Father of Jesus. So, Jesus was 100% man and 100% God in the flesh.

It's interesting to see the number of times and ways Satan tried to destroy the bloodline of the coming Messiah. And the curve balls the Lord threw at Satan to thwart his plan. 

Did I answer your question if I understood it right?

Thank You. I have got the answer. Mary was also from David the king (Luke)