IGNORED

We are like God so why do we keep sinning?

Figure of eighty

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  242
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  1,553
  • Content Per Day:  0.77
  • Days Won:  0

When i say were like God I mean this. Jesus was fully human and fully God at the same time and didnt sin once. 

We are completely human and He gives us his Holy spirit to dwell with in us so that He can make us like Him.  In essence were like Jesus, not saying we are bc we aren't thats blasphemy. As we are we have no saving power everything comes from God 

but there is a scripture that says we( humans) are like gods and I believe its in the way I stated ( were fully human and have the Lord's spirit who is completely God in us) 

So my question is why do we stumble so much? Jesus lived a sinless life why do we struggle so much? When we are in essence fully human and have God inside of us. 

Why? 

Edited by Figure of eighty
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  512
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  3,183
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, Figure of eighty said:

When i say were like God I mean this. Jesus was fully human and fully God at the same time and didnt sin once. 

We are completely human and He gives us his Holy spirit to dwell with in us so that He can make us like Him.  In essence were like Jesus, not saying we are bc we aren't thats blasphemy. As we are we have no saving power everything comes from God 

but there is a scripture that says we( humans) are like gods and I believe its in the way I stated ( were fully human and have the Lord's spirit who is completely God in us) 

So my question is why do we stumble so much? Jesus lived a sinless life why do we struggle so much? When we are in essence fully human and have God inside of us. 

Why? 

If I may be bold and speak to this question...

“why”

It is because the believer yet does not see the foundation of their salvation....Which is their deaths in Christ. It is seeing this truth inwardly that frees a believer to walk in newness of life...For self is what Christ came to free us from and only being set free from our own wills can and will set one free from the dictates of their fallen nature’s....

You are correct we (believers) are like God in the sense we have been given a new nature it is the Divine nature and it is that nature that sins not...At the very moment of salvation the Divine nature was birthed in the believer. But this nature is like an infant it needs to grow up and become the single power of life in the soul. Read, study, pray, which are all food for growth. But above all when you fall return to God as soon as you are able regardless of how many or what sins. Over and over do not stop returning to Him. For this is the School of Christ. He is showing you you. You need to die to your own will and come from under it’s control. This is done my the faith of the heart continually turned towards God every moment of the day. When you see that there is no hope in yourself you will by faith be forced to throw yourself into His arms of mercy to do something in you that you cannot do for yourself...Which is walk in newness of life.

But the ache and desire and seeing the need are the first step. Continue to give heed, cry, weep before Him and He will reveal in you what your salvation in Christ consists of. The seeing of what this salvation is, is worth all the money, power, all worldly goods... For there is always a deeper understanding of what are salvation in Christ consists of but seeing into this mystery but a little opens the door of the heart to a life lived all for God. 

Be blessed as you work out your own salvation with fear and trembling. 

But know once you have learned to deny self and reckon yourself dead by faith the valleys and the mountains become all the same for your eyes stay on Christ and you learn the walk of reckoning yourself dead to all things and than by faith alive unto God...

The just shall live by faith...All our walk and growth in God comes through the faith of the heart turned towards Him... So as you search into this mystery that is your salvation in Christ keep feeding your personal relationship with Him for that relationship will teach you all you need and desire to know...

(Don’t live your whole life in one day. But line upon line, here a little there a little, just don’t stop searching into this mystery of Christ in you your hope of glory.

Hope this encourages for the answer of “why” is because you don’t see yourself dead in Christ yet....But if you keep asking, seeking, knocking this truth along with others will be opened up in you and your heart will rejoice like never before. 

A fellow searcher into this mystery, Not me 

Edited by Not me
  • This is Worthy 1
  • Well Said! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  242
  • Content Count:  1,553
  • Content Per Day:  0.77

21 minutes ago, Not me said:

“why”

It is because the believer yet does not see the foundation of their salvation....Which is their deaths in Christ. It is seeing this truth inwardly that frees a believer to walk in newness of life...For self is what Christ came to free us from and only being set free from our own wills can and will set one free from the dictates of their fallen nature’s....

You are correct we (believers) are like God in the sense we have been given a new nature it is the Divine nature and it is that nature that sins not...At the very moment of salvation the Divine nature was birthed in the believer. But this nature is like an infant it needs to grow up and become the single power of life in the soul. Read, study, pray, which are all food for growth. But above all when you fall return to God as soon as you are able regardless of how many or what sins. Over and over do not stop returning to Him. For this is the School of Christ. He is showing you you. You need to die to your own will and come from under it’s control. This is done my the faith of the heart continually turned towards God every moment of the day. When you see that there is no hope in yourself you will by faith be forced to throw yourself into His arms of mercy to do something in you that you cannot do for yourself...Which is walk in newness of life.

But the ache and desire and seeing the need are the first step. Continue to give heed, cry, weep before Him and He will reveal in you what your salvation in Christ consists of. The seeing of what this salvation is, is worth all the money, power, all worldly goods... For there is always a deeper understanding of what are salvation in Christ consists of but seeing into this mystery but a little opens the door of the heart to a life lived all for God. 

But know once you have learned to deny self and reckon yourself dead by faith the valleys and the mountains become all the same for your eyes stay on Christ and you learn to reckon yourself dead to all things and than by faith alive unto God...

The just shall live by faith...All our walk and growth in God comes through the faith of the heart turned towards Him... So as you search into this mystery that is your salvation in Christ keep feeding your personal relationship with Him for that relationship will teach you all you need and desire to know...

(Don’t live your whole life in one day. But line upon line, here a little there a little, just don’t stop searching into this mystery of Christ in you your hope of glory.

Hope this encourages for the answer of “why” is because you don’t see yourself dead in Christ yet....But if you keep asking, seeking, knocking this truth along with others will be opened up in you and your heart will rejoice like never before. 

This was beautifully said and explained.  I love it.

• Thanks 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,013
  • Content Per Day:  7.97
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

The presence of flesh not redeemed and s/Spirit redeemed by being reborn in the flesh is warfare plain and simple Romans 7 into 8 The  sole purpose of the redeemed is to let Jesus have our bodies for His purposes 

Luke 9:23-27

23 And he said to them all, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow me.

24 For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: but whosoever will lose his life for my sake, the same shall save it.

25 For what is a man advantaged, if he gain the whole world, and lose himself, or be cast away?

26 For whosoever shall be ashamed of me and of my words, of him shall the Son of man be ashamed, when he shall come in his own glory, and in his Father's, and of the holy angels.

27 But I tell you of a truth, there be some standing here, which shall not taste of death, till they see the kingdom of God.
KJV

The fulfillment of vs. 27 I believe was John in his Revelation given him by God...

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  512
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  3,183
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Days Won:  1

Just now, Figure of eighty said:

This was beautifully said and explained.  I love it.

Thank you...

This mystery of what our salvation in Christ consists of is the mystery of the ages...As you grow in Christ, as you will, know you, we all that are willing are just scratching the surface of this mystery.

Be blessed in Him, Not me 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Content Count:  11,053
  • Content Per Day:  6.59
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  01/09/1956

27 minutes ago, Not me said:

“why”

But know once you have learned to deny self and reckon yourself dead by faith the valleys and the mountains become all the same for your eyes stay on Christ and you learn the walk of reckoning yourself dead to all things and than by faith alive unto God...

:-)

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  667
  • Content Per Day:  0.38

Figure of Eighty,

Although believers are Spirit filled we are still in bodies of flesh and sin even when we don’t want to. We may not always clearly see how the Spirit has influenced our lives but when you look back over time I’m sure you can see how your choices and decisions you make today are based more on Godly principles than they were before. I know that as long as I have this human body I will wrestle with sin but I know that God has promised to give us perfection through Jesus. I can’t wait for that day to be with our Lord and Savior. In Romans chapter 7:14, Paul talks about his struggles with sin. I like the final verse Romans 7:25 when he tells us that the answer is to Trust in Jesus.

Romans 7:25, Thank God! The answer is in Jesus Christ our Lord. So you see how it is: In my mind I really want to obey God’s law, but because of my sinful nature I am a slave to sin.

• Praise God! 1

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4,361
  • Content Per Day:  2.32
  • Birthday:  02/03/1953

6 hours ago, Figure of eighty said:

Why? 

I believe Jesus was God in flesh. In other words, God decided to come down to earth as a human being, so he did so as Jesus. 

"Behold, a virgin shall conceive and bear a son,
and his name shall be called Emmanuel"
(which means, God with us). Matt 1:23 RSV

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,990
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,688
  • Content Per Day:  11.84
  • Days Won:  226

6 hours ago, Figure of eighty said:

Why? 

We are not like gods. The Mormons believe that. Those who are true genuine Christians have the Holy Spirit in them. That is different than being a god. We are humans. Humans are sinful. We will not be perfect until we get to heaven. Although a Christian should not deliberately sin we sin everyday without even realizing it. We should ask for forgivness of those sins daily.

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.89
  • Days Won:  5

Why do we continue to sin? All of those “Born Again” have a New  Nature that came from Above.Unfortunately , we are still stuck with our Old Adamic Nature That Sins and “ loves” to sin.Its a battle between a White Dog and a Black Dog and the One that you “ feed” will be the dominate One.A wise Believer will attempt to feed the White Dog and starve the Black One.God will chastise Those That feed the Bad Dog...all a part of His Program to confirm Believers into the Image Of His Son.