Christianity and Writing a Book

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  16
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

Hi guys, I'm a writer, and a Christian, I am currently writing a First Book in my aspiring Series Between Heaven and Earth. A five book series about the Archangels, I would like to incorporate God and Lord Jesus into the story but without actually having them present, mainly because I do not know how I would be able properly write them and keep it worthy of them. The theme of the series is suppose to be comedic but virtual filled adventures of the Archangels trying to protect humans from the Princes of Hell.

So, yeah. I figured I should ask more experienced Christians for advice, as I am only a convert and thus do not know Everything nor every practice.

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4,361
  • Content Per Day:  2.35
  • Birthday:  02/03/1953

5 hours ago, Juna said:

Hi guys, I'm a writer, and a Christian, I am currently writing a First Book in my aspiring Series Between Heaven and Earth. A five book series about the Archangels, I would like to incorporate God and Lord Jesus into the story but without actually having them present, mainly because I do not know how I would be able properly write them and keep it worthy of them. The theme of the series is suppose to be comedic but virtual filled adventures of the Archangels trying to protect humans from the Princes of Hell.

So, yeah. I figured I should ask more experienced Christians for advice, as I am only a convert and thus do not know Everything nor every practice.

If I were to take on a project such as the one you have described, the Princes of Hell might be real human beings who are leading people astray on a large scale, and my archangels might be real human beings who are following the Lord's commandments.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

6 hours ago, Juna said:

I am an avid reader. I only read Christian books. Mostly fiction but occasionally nonfiction. I would not read a book of the genre you are thinking of writing. I think the book you are thinking of writing would come under the genre of science fiction. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  344
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,393
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

10 hours ago, Juna said:

Hi Juna!

Don't take this as a criticism, it's not, to each his or her own but... As a Christian, would this book you're proposing be for the praise, honor, Glory and truth about God and His Heavenly Host? Or making light of the hierarchy of the Lord's created spiritual beings; such as the tooth fairy? Christianity and the entire Bible is centered around the Person of Jesus Christ. Angelology is a division of theology studied in theological seminaries and universities. Angels are not to be glorified or worshiped, they are like us, servants of God. 

May I ask what your intended purpose is in writing a comedic fictional book series on Archangels, omitting our Lord?

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,776
  • Content Per Day:  1.29
  • Days Won:  2

11 hours ago, Juna said:

Brother, I need to tell you that there is nothing comical about the archangel Michael fighting against darkness.

The word archangel is only in the bible twice, in the book of Jude, and in reference to Michael.

In Jude, it tells us that he fought against the devil for the body of Moses.

In Daniel, it doesn't use the word archangel, but it tells us that Michael fought against demonic powers for Gabriel to be able to get to Daniel who was praying for God to speak to him.  It took Gabriel 21 days to get to Daniel with God's message and he wouldn't have gotten there an all without Michael's help.

Write a book if you wish.  Even a comedy.  But don't base the comedy on the word of God.  Especially where demonic forces are considered.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Well Said! 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  41
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  686
  • Content Per Day:  0.30

On 1/10/2020 at 7:30 AM, Juna said:

as I am only a convert and thus do not know Everything nor every practice.

Many people write books on the subject, but we have the bible and that's all we need, look at this verse.

Ecclesiastes chapter 12 verse 12

Be warned, my son, of anything in addition to them. Of making many books there is no end, and much study wearies the body.

And look here if God wanted more written.

John chapter 21 verse 25 

Jesus did many other things as well. If every one of them were written down, I suppose that even the whole world would not have room for the books that would be written.

Study the bible that's the only thing we have that we can take from the earth, that I know of.

Matthew chapter 4 verse 4

Jesus answered, "It is written: 'Man shall not live on bread alone, but on every word that comes from the mouth of God.'"

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,028
  • Content Per Day:  0.62
  • Birthday:  07/07/1955

BOOKS 

ACTS 19:19 many of them also which used curious arts brought their books together and burned them before all men and they counted the price of them and found it fifty thousand pieces of silver --19:20--so mightily grew the word of GOD and prevailed 

LOVING THE LORD JESUS CHRIST

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  1,502
  • Content Per Day:  0.67

On 1/10/2020 at 7:30 AM, Juna said:

One of the worst things a writer can do (I write and am published) is ask others for content advice. Write your book for you and God, then maybe have a trusted person read it when you're done, before submitting it for publication.

• 5 months later...

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  1,176
  • Content Per Day:  0.86
  • Birthday:  04/29/1987

On 1/10/2020 at 12:30 PM, Juna said:

Use the bible as a guide to help you, i wish you the best of luck. God bless.