Are you a True Human Being?

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  395
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  0

Sorry I asked the question of what a true human being is.

Did not expect such controversy and conformity from this Christian online community.

It is obvious that I am not welcomed here.

Matthew 10:13-15 If the home is worthy, let your peace rest on it; if it is not, let your peace return to you.  14. If anyone will not welcome you or listen to your words, leave that home or town and shake the dust off your feet. 15. Truly I tell you, it will be more bearable for Sodom and Gomorrah on the day of judgment than for that town.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.95
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

1 minute ago, Raven said:

Truly I tell you, it will be more bearable for Sodom and Gomorrah on the day of judgment than for that town.

You're cursing us now just because we made sport of your philosophical meanderings? 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

On 1/10/2020 at 4:22 PM, Raven said:

What exactly makes a True Human Being?

If Adam and Eve, before sin dominated them, were True Human Beings, then what is it about sin that made the difference?

So, what would it take for anybody, including Christians, to effect a reversal _ to become a True Human Being?

The last time I checked I was a true human being. 

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  395
  • Content Per Day:  0.12

1 hour ago, DustyRoad said:

You're introducing a Gnostic teaching on the forum... what did you expect? 

That is in your heads. How can a question, 'what is a true human being?', be a Gnostic teaching.

If I said 'what is a true Christian?' would that too be a Gnostic teaching.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  55,868
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

2 hours ago, Raven said:

Sorry I asked the question of what a true human being is.

Did not expect such controversy and conformity from this Christian online community.

It is obvious that I am not welcomed here.

Matthew 10:13-15 If the home is worthy, let your peace rest on it; if it is not, let your peace return to you.  14. If anyone will not welcome you or listen to your words, leave that home or town and shake the dust off your feet. 15. Truly I tell you, it will be more bearable for Sodom and Gomorrah on the day of judgment than for that town.

using the Bible as a personal weapon is definitely scripture abuse and is very beneath a true human

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  2,679
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  16

On 1/10/2020 at 4:22 PM, Raven said:

If Adam and Eve, before sin dominated them, were True Human Beings, then what is it about sin that made the difference?

So, what would it take for anybody, including Christians, to effect a reversal _ to become a True Human Being?

If I'm understanding the assumption behind the question properly:

"Sin entered the picture, Adam and Eve ceased to be "true humans."

I'm not sure the assumption the question is founded on is correct.

Adam was human, so was Eve.  Before the fall they were pure in God's sight, after the fall they were defiled.  Their spirits died.  But that changed how they experienced and expressed their "true humanity".....i don't see that it changed their humanity.

As far as I can tell, they went from humans alive to God, to humans dead to God....but still fully human.

The answer to death is life.  To be born again.  Which is the primary reason God manifested Himself as a man.....son of Adam....Son of Man.   To pay the price for that new birth and make a way for the spirits of men to once more live to God.

“And this is eternal life, that they may know You, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom You have sent.

Edited by Jostler
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Brilliant! 1
  • Well Said! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  133
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  1,123
  • Content Per Day:  0.67

On 1/14/2020 at 2:21 PM, Raven said:

Does anybody know the truth?

Sir, I see this has caused "mayhem in the city." I am sorry you feel many folks do not accept you, as you stated. Personally, I do not have a problem that you believe things that many here don't. That is your right. I know what I believe, and you have a right not to embrace it. The problem for me is that I do not know what it is you believe. It is very difficult to have a sensible conversation if two people are talking about two different things at the same time. I do not have an agenda and I do not get defensive when others go "crazy." I state my case two or three times, and then I stop because I know some will not stop, and then it gets out of control, and we begin to lose sense of what it means to be civil. People get very emotional, sometimes to their detriment. 

This is the very first comment I have made to you, so I hope you do not think I am against you. I have no clue who you are and you have no clue who I am. But to answer your question, I really am not understanding what you mean when you ask, "What exactly makes a True Human Being"? My first question to you is do you believe in Christ such that, "If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved." Let's start there. :)

• 4 weeks later...

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  304
  • Content Per Day:  0.19

On 1/11/2020 at 1:22 AM, Raven said:

Hello Raven,

I don't see anyone unwelcoming you. I think there is a misunderstanding.

I hope i can make things clear how i see it.

EXAMPLE:

When you assume that a rock has a fairy living inside and that the rock is just a temporary shell around the fairy that needs to be shedded.

You would ask this question:"What exactly makes a true rock?"

The question itself include the assumption that there is a fairy living inside.

Others who don't have this assumption wont understand the question at all.

So similar with your question, there is the assumption that godly being is living inside already. And that we need to shed our human shell becoming a true godly human.

Forgive me and enlighten me when i have totally misunderstood what you truly meant.

Since you use bible to quote, where can we find basis for this assumption in the bible?