• Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  121
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/12/1986

1 hour ago, other one said:

can't support it either.

Sorry my brother ,I know its not a topic we should dwell on ,I just hope we see how sad the whole situation is both for Palestinians and isralies ,I hope in the future it can be like South Africa that this political system can end ,many people support this from a biblical idea as if Our father has made this happen.I could of posted many more videos but its so terrible I couldn't watch them even .thanks for your bravery to see it ,I hope we some how as Christian s can stand against this ,he needs Jesus to forgive him ,no one can help him except Jesus a lot of young men and women get so broken from war and fighting a lot of theses young people have been brainwashed and or don't have a choice to serve in the army or not.may you have peace .I tryed to delete the post actually because is was so upsetting maybe I shouldn't have posted it.sorry hay ..

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,679
  • Content Per Day:  1.40
  • Days Won:  16

Some topics are very unpleasant, but still deserve attention.    Nobody who goes to war comes back the same.  I  have no idea how those who do not know Jesus manage to handle it at all.   They do deserve help and  compassion....and they need Jesus.  Without Him the tools to deal with it just don't exist.

• Well Said! 2

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  6

9 hours ago, DustyRoad said:

Amen. The face of war is a horrendous thing to behold and it irrevocably changes those who are affected by it. 

I'll share a story told to me by a military acquaintance who deployed to Kuwait during Operation Desert Shield until it became Operation Desert Storm (collectively known as the Gulf War). After advanced training we traveled separate paths and so he ended up assigned to an infantry battalion at Fort Stewart, GA. My buddy's unit first deployed to Saudi Arabia where, after some time spent twiddling their thumbs and shaking scorpions out of boots and sleeping bags, they received orders to move out to a location fortified by Iraqis.

The region had previously been bombed into cratered ruins but some Iraqis continued to pull off a limited resistance and so the armored personnel carrier (APC) my buddy was being transported in was the target of a rocket-propelled grenade (RPG) attack. The missile struck the vehicle close to the cupola where his section chief was standing, partially exposed to the blast. It sent the man reeling, sending him down and into the APC. My buddy rushed to his aid but when he ascertained the mortal nature of the man's wounds, the only thing he could do was to stay with his friend until he passed away. 

My friend's sergeant understood his predicament and proceeded to ask my friend to let his wife and family know how much he loved them, and not to worry for his sake. He couldn't feel a thing and with that, the soldier expired in my friend's arms.

That's the face of war.

P.S. --- I'll briefly touch upon what happened to me at the onset of Desert Shield (the mega-bombing prelude to Desert Storm) for those who are interested. I was the only solider aboard a flight full of soldiers arriving in Europe who wasn't diverted for deployment to the Persian Gulf. Over 100 of my comrades were picked up and taken to a sprawling tent city outside of the international airport while yours truly was pointed in the direction of a truly massive hallway lined with desks representing various American military commands in continental Europe... where a bored Army E-6 (staff sergeant) was sitting behind a table eating pistachio nuts. I was just about to turn around and head back when the NCO called out my name... 

I turned around and he was smiling, waving my orders in his hand. "A 31C! Here are your orders..." he thrust them into my hands... "and here is where you're gonna be going," he pointed to a large map of central and southern Germany behind us. Walking up to the map he rested a finger on a thumb tack. "The German equivalent of the boonies," he chortled. "Have fun, soldier! Go meet the duty driver out front, he's waiting on you."

The place in the German boonies was a tiny U.S. Army installation devoted to staffing a NATO nuclear weapons storage facility (these were tactical nuclear weapons designed for use on the battlefield). My unit was also responsible for systematically clearing out stockpiles of ordnance stored in secretive locations across Germany and loading it all on railcars destined for port in Saudi Arabia. Everything from tank rounds, grenades, small arms ammunition, to pods of rockets (for the MLRS) which cost in excess of $1 million apiece.

My commanding officer considered me indispensable because I was one of the few soldiers in his command who possessed the proper NSA security clearance and that was useful to him in a variety of ways. I became the unit's classified document custodian which let his XO (executive officer) off the hook since the poor fellow made a mess of things while he was handling the job. I sorted through the company's War Plan and put it all in order just in time for an inspection by a colonel and his retinue. Everything went well and no one's neck was on the chopping block! (a figure of speech... messing up with what I was responsible for would land you in Ft. Leavenworth, the U.S. military prison in the state of Kansas)

I also served the commander in the capacity of communications since secure networking was a part of my job description... I was the guy who held all of the passwords and radio frequencies. Out in the field I wore them around my neck.

(an example of some of the stuff I used is the now-declassified STU-III, a secure telephonic device provided by the NSA)  

By the time everything was said and done I was a "short-timer" with less than a year left in the service after Desert Storm concluded. The drawdown was in motion and so I left the military at a time when some of the most experienced officers and NCOs were being kicked out (with separation packages, of course). The Army base where I was born was permanently closed during that time as well. 

Another aside... I was qualified to serve on the White House military communications staff and an opportunity presented itself for me and others in my section to apply for a spot on the team after the conclusion of Desert Storm. It would entail dressing in civilian clothes (suits) and following the President wherever he went... but I passed on it. I would have had to re-enlist for the job and all I wanted to do was get out by that point in my military service. My enlistment was almost up and I couldn't wait to go! 

Thank you for sharing your story ,its very interesting ,almost a world away ,I don't know much about the army or military things ,shame ,sorry for what happened to your friend and the other soldier, it must be hard to deal with,the type of wars and weapons we have today I think can really shake people up.May Jesus give you peace my brother.thank you for your message.your quite a good wrighter /story teller ,by the way .

Brother, this made me think ,,,about Jesus how he is a mighty warrior how he will come with ten thousands of saints in the book of revelation there is a warfare we are ingaged in too some are casualties some martyrs we too are fighting a holy war in a sense we wage it spiritualy.we have armour  the devil cannot defeat, even though he might shoot firery darts we can use the shield of faith ,Jesus took the worsted the devil could give he was our friend who laid down his life to save us and promised us eternal life if we trust in him ,we are soldiers for Jesus we must be focused on our tasks like a soldier is ,your story makes me also think how we can help our fellow soldiers bind up wounds  the enimy has caused with the love and grace we have received.we fight not against flesh and blood but powers and principalities in heavenly realms..maybe I know a little about the army and war after all.

Edited by Christdiedforoursins
Extra thoughts on the subject

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.93
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

PTSD of IDF...we cannot support this!

Okay, one minute of the rantings from a terrorist is all I can take right now. Sorry. 

On 1/12/2020 at 2:30 PM, BeauJangles said:

PTSD of IDF...we cannot support this!

Okay, one minute of the rantings from a terrorist is all I can take right now. Sorry. 

I understand you ,sorry ...my brother ,its very sad hay, I was hoping to bring awareness to people who think all is dandy for israeland that our father might have done this , and how not only are Palestinians suffering but " isralies "also...they really need to hear the good news hay .thank you for your time and comment .

On 1/12/2020 at 3:16 PM, maryjayne said:

Think of him as a man who has been lied to and is suffering. Remember how the early Christians may have initially view Paul.

God bless you.

Interesting insight ,very considerate point of view .grace is a word that comes to mind when I read this ...thanks that's good for me to remembered today as I have some personal situations...❤thank you my sister