So how does one convert to Catholicism?

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  39
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  204
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  0

I have been a baptist my whole life, but GOD recently came to me and he told me my parents were hateful bigots and that I needed to convert to Catholicism, although I don't know how to go about doing this...I have never stepped foot in the Catholic church. Can somebody help me with this? How do I convert to Catholicism?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,784
  • Content Per Day:  6.23
  • Days Won:  58

Why would you want to convert to catholicism, when it is full of false idolatry?

Why do you think your parents are full of bigotry? 

In what way do you think God told you to convert to catholicism? 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

10 minutes ago, JacquelineDeane55 said:

I have been a baptist my whole life, but GOD recently came to me and he told me my parents were hateful bigots and that I needed to convert to Catholicism, although I don't know how to go about doing this...I have never stepped foot in the Catholic church. Can somebody help me with this? How do I convert to Catholicism?

I am sure that some of the RCC members on Worthy could help you with this but if I were you I would do some more research because I do not think the RCC is your best choice. Maybe it was not God you were hearing. I hope you are not here to stir the pot. 

Edited by missmuffet
  • Thumbs Up 4

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  47
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

The RCC... I'd advise against it. You know all the stuff about not bowing to idols? Catholics do that all the time. You know how Jesus is the way, and the ONLY way?Catholics worship the saints are rather up-in-arms about Mary, for some reason. You know how the Bible says absolutely nothing about burying a tiny statue (idol) on your property if you want it to sell better? The RCC relies on "tradition" and has far too many extra-biblical practices and beliefs.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,399
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  1

4 hours ago, JacquelineDeane55 said:

Your parents may not be right with God but that should not motivate you to go and join a false religion.. I am an ex catholic i became a Christian when i read the Bible and i renounced the Roman catholic church..  I do not hate my mom and my siblings who are catholics but i do hate false religion which leads people into eternal destruction.. 

Anyway no matter if you are genuine in your question or you are just trolling and having some fun.. My advice is the same.. Seek the will of God through His Word and do not escape a pit just to fall victim of a snare..

Isaiah 24: KJV

16 "¶ From the uttermost part of the earth have we heard songs, even glory to the righteous. But I said, My leanness, my leanness, woe unto me! the treacherous dealers have dealt treacherously; yea, the treacherous dealers have dealt very treacherously. {17} Fear, and the pit, and the snare, are upon thee, O inhabitant of the earth. {18} And it shall come to pass, that he who fleeth from the noise of the fear shall fall into the pit; and he that cometh up out of the midst of the pit shall be taken in the snare: for the windows from on high are open, and the foundations of the earth do shake."

• Thumbs Up 4

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4,361
  • Content Per Day:  2.35
  • Birthday:  02/03/1953

4 hours ago, JacquelineDeane55 said:

If I were so disposed, I would talk to a Catholic priest. I don't see a connection between your parents' behavior and the church you should belong to.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  693
  • Content Per Day:  0.43

On 1/11/2020 at 2:10 PM, JacquelineDeane55 said:

So let us together think that one through a little bit.    Jesus Christ, who came to this world to reach out to the most evil and hateful people of his day, who gave his life to save the lost.......

Told you that your parents are hateful bigots?   Jesus told you, that your parents are hateful bigots? 

I don't know any Jesus that says stuff like that. 

“For God commanded, ‘Honor your father and your mother,’ and, ‘Whoever reviles father or mother must surely die.’ But you say, ‘If anyone tells his father or his mother, “What you would have gained from me is given to God,” he need not honor his father.’ So for the sake of your tradition you have made void the word of God.”

- Jesus

That's the Jesus that I know.

As to your specific question....

First, to convert to a different faith, because you have a problem with your parents is just flat out, not a good reason to convert.  Do you really think G-d will gain honor from you ditching your faith, because "My parents are hateful bigots"?

That doesn't seem likely.

Now if you are still intent on becoming a Catholic, then I would go to your nearest catholic church, and ask to talk to the priest.

Lastly, and I do not mean to dissuade you, but we had an extended relative convert to Catholicism some years ago.   It caused a lot of problems in the family, and there was a quite a bit of suffering involved.

That does not mean that you will have troubles if you become Catholic, but I think it is fair to point out that you could have some problems.   Not trying to scare you off, but fact is you could regret this later.

Good luck to you.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Content Count:  875
  • Content Per Day:  0.41
  • Days Won:  1

“How does one convert to Catholicism?”

knowledgeable opinion:  one doesn’t!