Salvation and being Born again

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  158
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  1,915
  • Content Per Day:  0.81
  • Days Won:  0

Question being is being saved by confession that Jesus is Lord and repenting of sin mean you are born again of the Spirit. That is not correct yet many are led to believe that. Receiving Christ as Lord and turn from sin gives you salvation, but being Born again is when one comes to believe or understand that God is Spirit and sits on a heavenly throne. and must be worshiped as Spirit. There at wo kinds of people in the New Testament. Those who are carnal  and spirit minded. 

Starting with John 3 

John 3: 1-12 King James Version (KJV)

There was a man of the Pharisees, named Nicodemus, a ruler of the Jews:

The same came to Jesus by night, and said unto him, Rabbi, we know that thou art a teacher come from God: for no man can do these miracles that thou doest, except God be with him.

Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

Nicodemus saith unto him, How can a man be born when he is old? can he enter the second time into his mother's womb, and be born?

Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.

The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit.

Nicodemus answered and said unto him, How can these things be?

10 Jesus answered and said unto him, Art thou a master of Israel, and knowest not these things?.

Being carnal Nicodemus thought Jesus meant going back to his mothers womb. Jesus goes on to say   

10 Jesus answered and said unto him, Art thou a master of Israel, and knowest not these things?

11 Verily, verily, I say unto thee, We speak that we do know, and testify that we have seen; and ye receive not our witness.

12 If I have told you earthly things, and ye believe not, how shall ye believe, if I tell you of heavenly things?

B

Question is being saved by confession that Jesus is Lord and repenting of sin mean you are born again of the Spirit. That is not correct, yet many are led to believe that. Receiving Christ as Lord and turn from sin gives you salvation but being Born again of the spirit is when one comes to believe or understand that God is Spirit and sits on a heavenly

throne. and must be worshiped as Spirit. There are two kinds of people in the New Testament. Those who are carnal, and those that are spirit minded. 

Starting with John 3 

The same came to Jesus by night, and said unto him, Rabbi, we know that thou art a teacher come from God: for no man can do these miracles that thou doest, except God be with him.

Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot (see )the kingdom of God.

The word see means two things in this sentence. First it means you cannot (see) His kingdom with your eyes, and two it means to comprehend or understand the unseen things of God because they are spirit.

Nicodemus saith unto him, How can a man be born when he is old? can he enter the second time into his mother's womb, and be born?

Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit.

Being carnal, Nicodemus thought Jesus meant going back to his mothers womb. Jesus goes on to say   

10 Jesus answered and said unto him, Art thou a master of Israel, and knowest not these things?

11 Verily, verily, I say unto thee, We speak that we do know, and testify that we have seen; and ye receive not our witness.

So being saved, and being Born again are two different events. It is imperative we understand what carnal and spiritual are. Jesus said “ you must be Born again”. It is not just a command it is an absolute truth. Pau said to be carnally minded is enmity against God. It is death

Jessus told the women at the well the time has come when we must worship God not in certain places but in Spirit and in truth. For He desires such to worship Him . Matters not what denomination or named church you go to because Gods spirit is in us and direct how we are to live and apeal to others the love of Christ.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  875
  • Content Per Day:  0.41
  • Days Won:  1

Yes. We are living members of the Body of Christ. 

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  158
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  1,915
  • Content Per Day:  0.81

1 hour ago, Kristin said:

Yes. We are living members of the Body of Christ. 

What does that mean ?

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Content Count:  875
  • Content Per Day:  0.41
  • Days Won:  1

On 1/11/2020 at 8:23 PM, Mike Mclees said:

What does that mean ?

I honestly think it means: we who are believers in the saving power of Jesus Christ through His death, burial and RESURRECTION literally become the Body of Christ. Spiritually probably. Just as we are seated already in heavenly places. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,053
  • Content Per Day:  6.66
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  01/09/1956

1 hour ago, Betha said:

Yes, too many 'christians' think they are already 'seated in heavenly places' when as yet they have never walked with Jesus on this earth.  How can such ELEVATION take place without the original 'footwork ? 

@BethaThere are several places in scripture that show us otherwise. The following is one of them.

Eph. 2:4   But God, who is rich in mercy, because of His great love with which He loved us, 5 even when we were dead in trespasses, made us alive together with Christ (by grace you have been saved), 6 and raised us up together, and made us sit together in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus,

This is fundamental to the Cross of Jesus Christ. We were in Him of the Father when He was crucified, when He died and when He rose. We are now In Him.

We died, we rose in Newness of Life and are seated with Him--NOW. This is the Gospel of the Cross.

Your theology--and I have been watching you--is not the Truth. You seek to accomplish something that God has already done for those who are In Christ. Those who are 'Born from above'.

The scriptures do not teach that we will some day walk our way to being 'In Him'. The scriptures plainly teach that the Father placed us there.

30 But of Him you are in Christ Jesus, who became for us wisdom from God—and righteousness and sanctification and redemption— 31 that, as it is written, “He who glories, let him glory in the LORD.”

Edited by Alive

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  304
  • Content Per Day:  0.19

I believe that scripture tells us that salvation is by faith alone. It is by faith that we are saved, not of works, so that no one can boast.

When you repent and trust in Jesus, He will give you a new heart with new desires. He will give you a Helper (the Holy Spirit) who lives in you. You are saved by His grace through faith alone. At the same moment, you are born again. You died and rose again with Christ. (baptized in the spirit)

God knows exactly who is in the faith. And how can we be sure of ourselves? God tells us to look at the fruits of the spirit.
Once we are saved, gradually the tell signs of a truly born again christian will show. The fruits of the spirit.
And the bible also tells us that The Holy Spirit will testify to us our salvation. You will know you are saved.

You will see works also, but it is not works which causes salvation. On the contrary, it is salvation which leads to works.
One of these works of obedience is that you will love to be baptized in water.

Edited by Wesley L
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  4
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Birthday:  06/10/1973

Praise God! glad you found Him. His love is divine and won't live you heart broken.

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  693
  • Content Per Day:  0.43

On 1/11/2020 at 6:31 PM, Mike Mclees said:

Question being is being saved by confession that Jesus is Lord and repenting of sin mean you are born again of the Spirit. That is not correct yet many are led to believe that. Receiving Christ as Lord and turn from sin gives you salvation, but being Born again is when one comes to believe or understand that God is Spirit and sits on a heavenly throne. and must be worshiped as Spirit. There at wo kinds of people in the New Testament. Those who are carnal  and spirit minded. 

Starting with John 3 

Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

10 Jesus answered and said unto him, Art thou a master of Israel, and knowest not these things?.

Being carnal Nicodemus thought Jesus meant going back to his mothers womb. Jesus goes on to say   

12 If I have told you earthly things, and ye believe not, how shall ye believe, if I tell you of heavenly things?

B

Question is being saved by confession that Jesus is Lord and repenting of sin mean you are born again of the Spirit. That is not correct, yet many are led to believe that. Receiving Christ as Lord and turn from sin gives you salvation but being Born again of the spirit is when one comes to believe or understand that God is Spirit and sits on a heavenly

throne. and must be worshiped as Spirit. There are two kinds of people in the New Testament. Those who are carnal, and those that are spirit minded. 

Starting with John 3 

Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot (see )the kingdom of God.

The word see means two things in this sentence. First it means you cannot (see) His kingdom with your eyes, and two it means to comprehend or understand the unseen things of God because they are spirit.

Being carnal, Nicodemus thought Jesus meant going back to his mothers womb. Jesus goes on to say   

So being saved, and being Born again are two different events. It is imperative we understand what carnal and spiritual are. Jesus said “ you must be Born again”. It is not just a command it is an absolute truth. Pau said to be carnally minded is enmity against God. It is death

Jessus told the women at the well the time has come when we must worship God not in certain places but in Spirit and in truth. For He desires such to worship Him . Matters not what denomination or named church you go to because Gods spirit is in us and direct how we are to live and apeal to others the love of Christ.

Is this a question?  Why is this in the ask a question area?  What is the question being asked?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  897
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,621
  • Content Per Day:  2.03
  • Days Won:  9

John 6:28–29 (AV)
28 Then said they unto him, What shall we do, that we might work the works of God?
29 Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent.

John 16:26–27 (AV)
26 At that day ye shall ask in my name: and I say not unto you, that I will pray the Father for you:
27 For the Father himself loveth you, because ye have loved me, and have believed that I came out from God.

Never underestimate how much the Father loves the Son. Nor underestimate how much our belief / love for

his Son means to the Father.

All else is icing on the cake.

• Praise God! 1

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,502
  • Content Per Day:  0.67

On 1/11/2020 at 6:31 PM, Mike Mclees said:

Starting with John 3 

B

Starting with John 3 

No, I was saved when born again (John 3) and born again when saved (John 3). There's only ONE thing I can do to be lost, one unpardonable sin:

Trust me, not Jesus, for salvation, since whoever trusts Him never perishes.