• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  133
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  1,123
  • Content Per Day:  0.67
  • Days Won:  0

Joshua Rogers is the author "Confessions of a Happily Married Man." 

Listen as he describes the following:

"One day, my wife and I were listening to a playlist of Disney songs with our two little girls when the sentimental love song "I See the Light" from “Tangled” came on.I walked over to my wife, who was in the kitchen, took her in my arms and started dancing with her slowly. I could tell it caught her off-guard and embarrassed her a little -- it came out of nowhere. Thank goodness she stayed in my arms and danced with me anyway. As the song approached the final chorus, I looked in my peripheral vision and suddenly realized we weren't alone. Our daughters were standing there watching us in silence.

The song approached the end and as the strings played the last notes, I decided to give the girls a Hollywood ending. I took my wife's face in my hands and kissed her.
After I pulled away, I looked over and saw my oldest daughter's face lit up with adoration, and her eyes filled with tears. Then she came over, buried her face in my wife's legs, and cried.

"Why are you crying?" my wife asked. My daughter was at a loss for words, so I tried a different angle. "Can you at least give me one word to describe how you're feeling?" I asked. My daughter paused, looked up at us and said, "Loved.""

Our words and actions don't go unnoticed.

Edited by Coliseum
  • Loved it! 2
  • Well Said! 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  42
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  944
  • Content Per Day:  0.55

1 hour ago, Coliseum said:

Joshua Rogers is the author "Confessions of a Happily Married Man." 

Listen as he describes the following:

"One day, my wife and I were listening to a playlist of Disney songs with our two little girls when the sentimental love song "I See the Light" from “Tangled” came on.I walked over to my wife, who was in the kitchen, took her in my arms and started dancing with her slowly. I could tell it caught her off-guard and embarrassed her a little -- it came out of nowhere. Thank goodness she stayed in my arms and danced with me anyway. As the song approached the final chorus, I looked in my peripheral vision and suddenly realized we weren't alone. Our daughters were standing there watching us in silence.

The song approached the end and as the strings played the last notes, I decided to give the girls a Hollywood ending. I took my wife's face in my hands and kissed her.
After I pulled away, I looked over and saw my oldest daughter's face lit up with adoration, and her eyes filled with tears. Then she came over, buried her face in my wife's legs, and cried.

"Why are you crying?" my wife asked. My daughter was at a loss for words, so I tried a different angle. "Can you at least give me one word to describe how you're feeling?" I asked. My daughter paused, looked up at us and said, "Loved.""

Our words and actions don't go unnoticed.

That’s beautiful. Thanks for sharing. 

Things would have gone differently in my household. My kids would have  said “ew” and then called us disgusting, followed  by “nobody wants to see that” and then we’d receive   a reminder that they heard the TV up loud in our bedroom the other day and suspect something  horrendous was going on(they actually said that and we were just watching TV).

But kids are ALWAYS watching and listening. Especially girls. So I agree it’s important to show affection. If anything they’ll look back on it with fondness when they grow up.

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  39
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  204
  • Content Per Day:  0.08

I see that your folks know what real love is, my parents sometimes kiss in front of me (And I don't think its gross), so they do know what real love is, but for some reason I cannot feel emotions, but I wish that I could, you know? Then I would understand what true love is.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,795
  • Content Per Day:  0.65
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/26/1952

You're quite right Coliseum, I think most kids are watching almost everything their parents do. I also think that the fewer the kids are the more this is true. I was an only child and I watched everything that went on.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  133
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  1,123
  • Content Per Day:  0.67

3 hours ago, JacquelineDeane55 said:

I see that your folks know what real love is, my parents sometimes kiss in front of me (And I don't think its gross), so they do know what real love is, but for some reason I cannot feel emotions, but I wish that I could, you know? Then I would understand what true love is.

One of things I have learned sister is that what we do is what we become. If someone asked what it was like to fall off a bicycle, I could not tell him until I fell off one. It is not enough to simply watch someone fall off a bike; I must experience it. Loving others requires us to love others. We look awkward at first, but the more we practice loving, the better we get at it. Before I got saved, I saw others put their arms around one another, and to me, it was a sickly sweet hypocritical kind of affection---until I tried it. It felt silly at first, but the more I embraced others, the easy it got. Our brain reconfigures itself constantly by what we practice doing. :)