Is purgatory real?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.89
  • Days Won:  5

Christ was judged for my sins 2000 years ago....He got my sins and I got His Righteousness ....simply because I rested in His Gospel ....All that I can do is thank Him for His Grace- and I do.

• Praise God! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,224
  • Content Per Day:  3.34
  • Days Won:  30

3 hours ago, K9Buck said:

@appy

I'm not sure how your response is relevant to my statement that you quoted.  I was referring to people, who have never heard the teachings of Christ, dying, being judged, meeting Christ (I presume) and then accepting Christ as their savior, presumably.  

No one has a chance to receive Christ as their Savior after they die.  The only chance they have to do that is before they die.  Once to die and after that the judgement.

8 hours ago, K9Buck said:

Thank you for your response and, please forgive me for being dense :), but I'm not sure that your response answered my question.  

The Christian who dies while engaged in adultery will be judged, saved and then be in the presence of God, correct?

Rom 4:2  For if Abraham was justified by works, he has something to boast about, but not before God.

Rom 4:3  For what does the Scripture say? "ABRAHAM BELIEVED GOD, AND IT WAS ACCOUNTED TO HIM FOR RIGHTEOUSNESS."

Rom 4:4  Now to him who works, the wages are not counted as grace but as debt.

Rom 4:5  But to him who does not work but believes on Him who justifies the ungodly, his faith is accounted for righteousness,

Rom 4:6  just as David also describes the blessedness of the man to whom God imputes righteousness apart from works:

Rom 4:7  "BLESSED ARE THOSE WHOSE LAWLESS DEEDS ARE FORGIVEN, AND WHOSE SINS ARE COVERED;

Rom 4:8  BLESSED IS THE MAN TO WHOM THE LORD SHALL NOT IMPUTE SIN."

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  595
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,027
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

12 hours ago, K9Buck said:

In other words, one who dies as a child lucks out because they get a free pass to paradise, right?  

yes that is true....   both for children and aborted babies.

2 hours ago, K9Buck said:

Ok, so "good" people who die after never learning about Jesus will be saved, correct?

When Jesus said that he is the way and no one comes to the father but by me, he isn't laying out some idea of how to get to heaven, he is saying that he and he alone decides who is and who is not saved.....    and it is ALWAYS above our pay grade to try to put him in a box in how to make that decision.   People who die without hearing about him are in his competent hands to deal with justly...   and far be it for myself or any of us to instruct him in any way.

5 hours ago, K9Buck said:

@appy

I've never disputed that we're all going to be judged.  

Aaahhhh,   maybe not.

John 3:17-19
 "For God did not send the Son into the world to judge the world, but that the world should be saved through Him. 18 "He who believes in Him is not judged;

NASB

• Praise God! 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  467
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Days Won:  0

22 hours ago, K9Buck said:

In other words, one who dies as a child lucks out because they get a free pass to paradise, right?  

Even people living "in paradise" - in the wonderful earth before the Flood of Noah, still had to get on "the boat".  And Satan is loosed at that point, so he will mess things up - make people mean and selfish.  So it won't be all good.  People will still be tested.  Satan will be out trying to deceive. 

Revelation 20:7 "Now when the thousand years have expired, Satan will be released from his prison 8 and will go out to deceive the nations which are in the four corners of the earth, Gog and Magog, to gather them together to battle, whose number is as the sand of the sea."

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  467
  • Content Per Day:  0.29

12 hours ago, K9Buck said:

Ok, so "good" people who die after never learning about Jesus will be saved, correct?

I believe they will be resurrected at the 8th millennium (1000 years after Jesus glorious return).  Then they will have to learn about Jesus.  And then they will have to choose whether to serve Jesus and His Father.  Satan will be "loosed" at the 8th millennium, and he will seek to deceive folks into hating Jesus, or at least ignoring Him. 

• This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  85
  • Content Per Day:  0.05

12 hours ago, Willa said:

No one has a chance to receive Christ as their Savior after they die.  The only chance they have to do that is before they die.  Once to die and after that the judgement.

I agree that people die once and then the judgement.  "I believe it is possible that the "rest of the dead" (i.e., those who died without a knowledge of Jesus or His Father) WILL be resurrected to judgement.  They will be judged by their deeds upon learning of God in the 8th Millennium; and will either choose to join God or join Gog/Magog.  They will either be judged worthy of entering the Kingdom or be thrown into the lake of fire.  Just my opinion.