• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.93
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

What Are Your Frustrations Behind The Wheel?

This topic got swallowed up, diverted, and overlooked as they usually do. So, I started a new thread specifically addressing Worthy member's personal list of driving pet peeves. These are random in order. Does anyone have more to contribute and or confirm? 

More On Drivers Who Are Rude And/Or Inconsiderate.  

1. Drivers who don't use a turn indicator. It is the law, and we all should observe this common courtesy. 

2. Drivers who pull in front of you to make a right or left turn ahead of you. Often not signaling. 

3. Drivers who tailgate because they are in too much of a hurry. 

4. Drivers who do not observe the speed limit and drive too slow. 

5. Drivers who fail to come to a full stop at a four way sign. Known as, "roll-stopping". 

6. Drivers who sit through traffic lights because they're using cell phones or putting on makeup. 

7. Drivers who run run stop lights causing potential traffic hazards. Often fatal collisions. 

8. Drivers who are basically discourteous and have no consideration at all for other drivers. 

9. Drivers who don't know how to drive because they are not licensed to drive in the first place. 

10. Drivers who are teens and violate all or numerous of the above. Go back to driver's training! 

11. Drivers who do a hit-and-run accidents. These are unlicensed and uninsured drivers 99% of the time.

12. Drivers who back out of their driveways and parking spaces without using a rear view mirror. 

13. Drivers who take up two parking spaces to avoid getting their precious vehicles from getting dents. 

14. Drivers who refuse to park straight in parking spaces making if impossible to park next to them. 

15. Drivers who never use safety seats mandated by law to protect their beloved little tots. 

16. Drivers who huddle the stripes in the road in attempts to avoid swerving back and forth. (drunk?)

17. Drivers who speed up when you attempt to pass them because they were driving too slow at the time.

18. Drivers who text and or use cell phones while driving. (illegal in CA)

19. Drivers who blast their stereos loud enough to be heard for several blocks away. 

20. Drivers who drive while obviously impaired on alcohol and/or drugs.

21. Drivers who use handicap parking spaces without a proper license plates or placards.  

Anyone else?   

Edited by BeauJangles

My apologies for the slight change in the font from 12 - 21. They were copy/pasted from two pages using the same font on a topic of road rage concerns. I get down right frustrated while driving at times, but not road rage. Anyway, for some reason this page looks a little different and I'm not sure why. At least it did come through legible. 

Edited by BeauJangles

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,990
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,688
  • Content Per Day:  11.83
  • Days Won:  226

1. Please put away your phone and drive. If you are talking on your phone and texting it distracts your driving. You may run into another driver or me and hurt us seriously

2. Please use your blinker so when I am driving behind you I know what you are going to do.

3. Please do not cut me off when you are coming from a side street. Be patient and let my approaching automobile pass you with an appropriate amount of space.

4. Please do not tail gate me when I am going the speed limit. I am only obeying the law.

5. Please do not go through a stop light. You could take my life.

6. Please do not drink or use other drugs while driving. It affects your judgment and you may run into me or another car with a family in the car and kill us or cause use very serious damage.

7. When passing another car please do it safely. You could hit me head on and kill me.

• Well Said! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,625
  • Content Per Day:  0.79
  • Days Won:  1

Shalom @BeauJangles

Yeah I have one. 

Seeing a lady driver, in front or behind you, applying making up using their rearview mirror as she is driving.  Stresses me out man. 

Either do it before leaving or after arriving. :)

Love & Shalom 

• Well Said! 1

1 hour ago, Tzephanyahu said:

Shalom @BeauJangles

Yeah I have one. 

Seeing a lady driver, in front or behind you, applying making up using their rearview mirror as she is driving.  Stresses me out man. 

Either do it before leaving or after arriving. :)

Love & Shalom 

Yes, exactly. Real inappropriate time and place for it. I've seen it done even while driving on occasion. Extremely dangerous! I mean, pull over somewhere and primp for crying out loud. Oops. Sorry, ladies. :b: 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, DustyRoad said:

This either needs its own distinct entry *or* it could be added to: 

Here it is:

Drivers who navigate rush hour traffic in jam-packed stretches of the U.S. interstate system whilst eating cereal, reading the newspaper, or brushing their teeth.

Right. These are very dangerous driving tactics. Just an accident waiting to happen. 

3 hours ago, missmuffet said:

1. Please put away your phone and drive. If you are talking on your phone and texting it distracts your driving. You may run into another driver or me and hurt us seriously

2. Please use your blinker so when I am driving behind you I know what you are going to do.

3. Please do not cut me off when you are coming from a side street. Be patient and let my approaching automobile pass you with an appropriate amount of space.

4. Please do not tail gate me when I am going the speed limit. I am only obeying the law.

5. Please do not go through a stop light. You could take my life.

6. Please do not drink or use other drugs while driving. It affects your judgment and you may run into me or another car with a family in the car and kill us or cause use very serious damage.

7. When passing another car please do it safely. You could hit me head on and kill me.

Great post, Miss. Well said. 

380801345_thumbsupsmiley.gif.b455a123ace93b4cdb413d85be86d476.gif

Here's a few more. 

22. Drivers who honk long and repeated behind you because they're generally angry at something else*.

23. Drivers who park off the roadway for whatever purpose but do so far to dangerously close to traffic*. 

24. Drivers who don't use headlights lights during foggy days*. Other drivers may not see you. 

25. Drivers who don't use headlights after dusk when it becomes dark *. (ditto)

26. Drivers who enjoy sightseeing while driving *. (called: rubber-necking) Keep your eyes on the road!  

*These are violations of the DMV Code in the State of California.

A note on #22. It's illegal to use your horn in this manner unless it's an emergency to avoid an accident. I don't write the laws, I'm merely posting them. What grinds your gears? Anyone else?  

Edited by BeauJangles

7 minutes ago, PromisesPromises! said:

And don't forget drivers who, once they have parked, fling their doors open with no regard to the car parked next to them--and then don't even bother to leave a note of apology when they can plainly see they have caused a huge dent. IMG_4159.GIF.7ed8f11bb7db15bba950c286bfb73f14.GIF

Oh, yes. You see this happening in parking lots especially Walmart for instance, all the time. Good one sister!

27. Drivers of semi trucks who cause pits in your windshield from small pebbles in the road. 

:blow-up: