• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.95
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

41. Drivers who abuse their parking placement on the streets by letting the meters expire. 

42. Drivers who leave their beloved children or pets inside vehicles and go carefree shopping. :foot-stomp:

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

6 hours ago, PromisesPromises! said:

And don't forget drivers who, once they have parked, fling their doors open with no regard to the car parked next to them--and then don't even bother to leave a note of apology when they can plainly see they have caused a huge dent. IMG_4159.GIF.7ed8f11bb7db15bba950c286bfb73f14.GIF

I have several dings in the doors of my car. I guess people do not have a conscience in our world today. 

• Well Said! 1

30 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

I have several dings in the doors of my car. I guess people do not have a conscience in our world today. 

Yes, it's a shame how little consideration people have about your vehicle.

43. Drivers who carelessly abandon shopping carts and allow them to scratch other shoppers vehicles. 

44. Drivers who refuse to obey the safety of city speed limits and cause accidents of every description. 

2 hours ago, missmuffet said:

Yes, it's a shame how little consideration people have about your vehicle.

43. Drivers who carelessly abandon shopping carts and allow them to scratch other shoppers vehicles. 

44. Drivers who refuse to obey the safety of city speed limits and cause accidents of every description. 

45. Drivers who are show-offs at a traffic stop, revving their engines and peel out when the light turns. :glare:

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  205
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  0

When it comes to 13, I've seen pictures of people taking up 4 spaces, on center with the corners.

When road conditions are not nominal and yet people speed and ride bumpers. It's bad enough when the roads are good, but it seems like it gets worse when the rain, snow, ice, or whatever else is present.

When you can see someone pull out in your rear view mirror, and if you are both going the speed limit, then you'll stay the same distance, right? But no. They feel like they must be close to you, and so they speed up because the urge to get a whiff of your exhaust is simply too much to bear.

When the school bus has the stop sign up but someone decides to ignore it anyway.

The bigger the vehicle, the longer it takes to accelerate, and the longer it takes to stop. You see it more with cars, they think they can just slip in and out real easy - not to say it's impossible, but it seems like most forget about how bigger vehicles like semi trucks or buses work. Please do not try to slip by a truck or bus, not only because it's dangerous, but it must be really annoying for them to put on the brakes and then try to get back up to speed.

Also, downhill and uphill. Too many people riding bumpers when it's harder to brake going downhill, and you kind of have to accelerate uphill. People should give people room in general. 

• Well Said! 1

Hi @Repose

A very thought provoking and intuitive post. Thanks for your comments.

46. Drivers who fail to observe flashing lights on a school bus indicating children preparing to cross.

47. Drivers who also refuse to yield to crossing guards with kids at intersections. :45: 

Edited by BeauJangles

13 minutes ago, DustyRoad said:

Drivers who drive recklessly through neighborhoods might be one if you haven't added it yet. I see plenty of that whenever it's necessary for me to endure a trip to the city. :crazy: 

Good one, bro. It kinda also reminded me of this: 

48. Drivers who utilize alleyways as if it were their own personal dragstrips. 

49. Drivers who risk hitting you head on pulling ahead of a long convoy of semi trucks on two way roads. 

And we come to my top 50 Driving Pet Peeves with this one. 

50. Drivers who are basically rude inconsiderate morons and can't realize driving is a privilege not a right.

Anyone else? I personally enjoyed getting this off my chest and even got a chuckle or two from some of you.

Thanks! 678110565_blinkysmiley.gif.a68b7738ef2fd9e88b1a2865d698639d.gif 

Edited by BeauJangles

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  667
  • Content Per Day:  0.38
  • Days Won:  0

Hi BeauJangles,

I know you reached #50, but I have another to add. Let me add that I absolutely love dogs, however, it bothers me to see people drive with their pets on their laps. I'll tell you why, my aunt has a little dog and drives everywhere with her. Well one day, this little dog jumped off her lap and out the window! Thankfully, the little doggy was okay when my aunt went back for her.

• Loved it! 1