IGNORED

Did God bring about the modern state of Israel as fulfillment of prophecy?

Christdiedforoursins

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  121
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/12/1986

17 hours ago, HAZARD said:

Isaiah foretold of the worldwide return of Jews to Israel.

Bible passage: Isaiah 43:5-6

Written: perhaps between 701-681 BC

Fulfilled: late 1900s

In Isaiah 43:5-6, the prophet Isaiah said that the Jews would return to their homeland from the east, the west, the north and the south. Isaiah lived about 2700 years ago. At that time, the Assyrians had forced many Jews in the northern kingdom of Israel into exile. Those Jews were taken to other areas in the Middle East. Then, about 1900 years ago, the Romans destroyed the city of Jerusalem and killed and exiled hundreds of thousands of Jews. Since then, the Jews have been scattered to virtually every country in the world. But, during the past century, millions of Jews have returned to Israel, from the east, the west, the north and the south.

From the east: Many Jews living in the Middle East moved to Israel by the early 1900s.

From the west: During mid-1900s, hundreds of thousands of Jews living in the West (Europe and the United States) began moving to Israel.

From the north: The former Soviet Union (Russia) is north of Israel. It refused to allow its Jewish residents to move to Israel. But, after years of pressure from other countries, Russia finally began to allow Jews to return to Israel during the 1980s. So far, hundreds of thousands of Russian Jews have moved to Israel.

From the south: Ethiopia, which is south of Israel, also refused to allow its Jews to return to Israel. But, in 1985, Israel struck a deal with Ethiopia's communist government to allow the Jews of Ethiopia to move to Israel. On the weekend of May 25, 1991, 14,500 Ethiopian Jews were airlifted to Israel.

Isaiah's prophecy was also correct in saying that the north (Russia) and the south (Ethiopia) would have to be persuaded to give up their Jews. Many countries pressured Russia for years before it began to allow its Jews to leave. And Ethiopia had to be paid a ransom to allow its Jews to leave.

Isaiah's prophecy was also correct in saying that the Jews would return "from the ends of the earth," and Isaiah said that many centuries before the Jews had been scattered to the ends of the earth. During the past 100 years, Jews living as far east as China, as far west as the West Coast of the United States, as far north as Scandinavia, and as far south as South Africa, have moved to Israel.

Here is Isaiah 43:5-6

"Do not be afraid, for I am with you; I will bring your children from the east and gather you from the west. I will say to the north, `Give them up!' and to the south, `Do not hold them back.' Bring my sons from afar and my daughters from the ends of the earth....

Link,

http://www.100prophecies.org/page5.htm

Humm...the new covenant and Jesus are left out of this plan....Jesus fulfilled the law and the Prophets

I too have heard this ....but...

Sadly most Ethiopians are treated very badly and Russians can't marry because they are not Jewish enough there were/are DNA test for them as if rabbinical Judaism is not a faith ..?but yes Ethiopians are Semites the language is Semitic but I wouldn't say 'Jewish 'as rabbinic Judaism would require many/almost all, are converted in Israel .Some African tribes resemble Judaism and were influenced by Jews ,like some countries were influenced by Islam,,,  hummm ....nothing special about it .I can't see gods hand in bringing about  Christ rejecting nation as his doing in any way as the fulfillment of prophecy.any way thank you for sharing your point of view this is kind of what I want to understand is the understanding behind all this ,,thank you for your post my friend .

Edited by Christdiedforoursins
Add text

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  55,875
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

36 minutes ago, Christdiedforoursins said:

Thank you ,that's interesting I understand the devil is not really interested in land at all but in deciveing people .to blind them from faith in Jesus the messiah and worshiping the one true God.I have heard of people thinking the 6day war was a miracle or something ,,in a way the Muslim nations have acted quite well and don't seem to look for war but smaller groups within them cause trouble ,but I'm only speaking from limited knowledge .I understand Egypt was in control of Palestine as a territory for like 100years or so ,and that like you say Israel exist by recognition by other united nations countries like you suggested/said .thanks for the comment ...

It's my understanding that the Ottoman Empire which was an Islamic caliphate from 1299 to 1922 basically controlled all that area....    during that time it was just a territory with few people there, mostly just desolate.

As for Satan wanting the land consider that after the flood the Devil reconstituted the Giants and moved them into that land and was so involved the original people who was brought out of Egypt were afraid to go into the land....    Satan has always not wanted Gods people in that area....    It, in the long story, has a lot to do with his future.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  121
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/12/1986

Yes  your right  I was reading about Palestine its been ruled by many forces from Christ's time to now it never was really  a country but a territory with a kind of ruler or occupiers over it Jordan also at one time.as I understand Palestine and Israel don't have boarders on all sides their is the green line on the west  in theory a country without boarders is not a country at all this is why palestine is not a country and the united nations had to acknowledge boarders in the north and in Gaza for Israel but they don't have a  bordered territory  like other coumtires where law of a country is applied with in it. in some Areas (zones) Palestine has jurisdiction. One Israeli was arrested for crossing the boarder to Jordan he got a severe sentence .

There is the green line its illegal for Isralies to cross but no boarder exists .mount of olives side.

I read The land was not desolate  but inhabited by Bedouin tribes...who sold out to the British eventually from the ottomans I think ??? Something like this ,,? There were fightings and muslim conversions and many things a whole long complicated history ,people said of south Africa," it was not inhabited "but it was by khoi San ,Zulus Tswana etc.the same lies,Israel is in many ways so similar to apartheid south Africa theologicaly.the Afrikaners thought it was the promised land too.A crazy Calvinists mix  with  nationalistic ideas later on.I remember after apartheid I had a black friend we went to the shops it was very horrible (because of comments and looks we got),how we can have such barriers in our minds !!!..wow 

Interesting idea perspective you have on the land in history and the giants something to  think about ...,I still don't see from a spiritual point of view God wanting his people in that land for any reason today that's why Christians except for the Crusaders haven't moved back. I think" Israel "will be short lived historically its not established upon God's Promise's "of the heavenly kingdom "we inherit . There is no  physical land in the new covenant only a heavenly kingdom and a new heavens and earth .....I hope what I wrote makes sense.thanks for your comment ...input ideas...I really appreciate it .its nice to get a different idea to hear to share to learn ,I hope you had have a good day .