ayin jade

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.21
  • Days Won:  58

Let me start by stating that this is just for us to share how we worship Him in a church/congregation setting. This is not a place to judge or attack. I will close my thread quickly if that happens. 

I go to church on friday night. We start with a shofar, do the shema, and I wear a head covering during part of it, if I remember to bring it. There is also dancing during the music portion of the service. The rest of the service is pretty much like a standard protestant church. This is our prefered church and my personal conviction for myself on the head covering. I really love opening the service with a shofar call. 

So, how do you worship? Anything in particular that you enjoy during it? 

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  771
  • Topics Per Day:  0.34
  • Content Count:  6,934
  • Content Per Day:  3.07
  • Days Won:  1

The worship of God is in our daily life, its in the heart that forgive and share happiness, and sing praises each day.

• Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.93
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

3 hours ago, ayin jade said:

We have a little worship band. Nothing professional, just a few in the group. The pastor was given a shofar also that is gilded in fine silver. It's beautiful. Songs that were displayed on an overhead projector are now digitally projected. And the songs are simple and fairly easy. We are a primarily Hispanic congregation so things aren't usually sung out of our hymnals. The words are often old lofty style poetry, so we don't use them. Simple but nice. 

• Loved it! 1

• Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.21
  • Days Won:  58

1 hour ago, BeauJangles said:

We have a little worship band. Nothing professional, just a few in the group. The pastor was given a shofar also that is gilded in fine silver. It's beautiful. Songs that were displayed on an overhead projector are now digitally projected. And the songs are simple and fairly easy. We are a primarily Hispanic congregation so things aren't usually sung out of our hymnals. The words are often old lofty style poetry, so we don't use them. Simple but nice. 

Beautiful worship music with a latin Messianic feel to it. One of her cds is in spanish.

https://deborahklineiantorno.com/

• Thanks 1

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

6 hours ago, ayin jade said:

Let me start by stating that this is just for us to share how we worship Him in a church/congregation setting. This is not a place to judge or attack. I will close my thread quickly if that happens. 

I go to church on friday night. We start with a shofar, do the shema, and I wear a head covering during part of it, if I remember to bring it. There is also dancing during the music portion of the service. The rest of the service is pretty much like a standard protestant church. This is our prefered church and my personal conviction for myself on the head covering. I really love opening the service with a shofar call. 

Praying to God and thanking Him for dying on the cross for my sins. Giving Him my heart, my mind and my body. Being obedient to Him and putting Him number one in my life. 

• Loved it! 2

• Topic Count:  229
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.93
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

7 hours ago, ayin jade said:

Beautiful worship music with a latin Messianic feel to it. One of her cds is in spanish.

https://deborahklineiantorno.com/

Thank you for the link on this, Jade. It's really quite lovely. 

kitty heart.png

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  951
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,565
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

"When does the worship stop?"* If all  things done are done to the glory of God I suppose all is worship. In the narrowor sense worship is praise in song. A worship service incorporates praise in song prayer scripture, lesson  or exposition and importantly fellowship one with another in common purpose of corporate gathering.

Special? Hmm- I attend three local bodies of Christ Jesus, each rather different in "style" but all having a strong will to do service in the name of Christ Jesus. That is what is special  in my mind's eye, the desire to serve our Lord. 

* When does the worship stop was a question I have remembered for years now. It was asked by a missionary from India as he spoke to us. Someone had suggested dining after the worship. He built upon that  invitation to share that we do all that we do  to God's glory  worshipping Him in all that is done. It has simply stuck in my mind for decades now. 

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Content Count:  4,361
  • Content Per Day:  2.31
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/03/1953

15 hours ago, ayin jade said:

I like sitting still, except when I'm singing and playing my guitar.