• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  43
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  238
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  11/16/1993

Going back into work tonight where Christians are few and far between. Even those who have allowed me to pray for them and received their answer are hesitant to put off their sin. 

There are two men I work with. One told me he would, hypothetically, rob a bank to pay for a loved one's medical treatment if need be. When I rebuked him, a second man said,"It's not the Christian thing to let a loved one die like that." For clarification, I asked him if he would do the same as the first man, to which he answered yes. 

I AM SICK OF LIVING AMONG THE POSSESSED. I am ready, fully, for the Lord's return. How can I learn to "love my enemies?" How can I love someone who believes it is the duty of a Christian to rob someone at the point of a deadly weapon and possibly murder them for money? 

This world is just wicked, vile evil, rotten. I am AMAZED at God's patience, He really is the embodiment of love if he can seek to save such heathenish riff-raff. I have ministered and witnessed to both of these men, not to mention prayed for them TO THEIR FACES. They remain mockers and scoffers. 

"Love your enemies..." This is undoubtedly my shortcoming in God's eyes. How can I learn to do this? How have you? What can I do to rid myself of this feeling I can only describe as "hate?"  

Come on Father, open up that sixth seal of Revelation! PLZ PLZ PLZ 

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  47
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

They are wrong about the robbing, yes, but not wrong to be compassionate for another. Why not suggest alternatives like praying to God, starting a GoFundMe, getting into investments... For that matter, don't they normally treat the patient, and THEN send the bill? So it is the same as any other debt. No need for something so drastic when they're already treated and doing well.

To me, it's a matter of how you perceive people. There are many different opinions and many different beliefs out there, it's true. You do have people that are only in it for themselves, who can't see beyond themselves, and wish only to see the world burn. However, most people generally wish to make a positive impact on the world. Many might be misguided or have differing views on how to do so, but in general, people do not wish to be evil. It's just how they define "evil". They simply have to come to realize that they are not per say "good people," and must be approached in a calm and considerate manner.

I wasn't always a Christian and everyone makes mistakes. I just try to look at it like I'm still seeking answers, I'm not perfect, and these people are potential brothers and sisters. I've gotten upset too, but try not to get mad - have pity. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,776
  • Content Per Day:  1.29
  • Days Won:  2

3 hours ago, AngelInTraining93 said:

Going back into work tonight where Christians are few and far between. Even those who have allowed me to pray for them and received their answer are hesitant to put off their sin. 

There are two men I work with. One told me he would, hypothetically, rob a bank to pay for a loved one's medical treatment if need be. When I rebuked him, a second man said,"It's not the Christian thing to let a loved one die like that." For clarification, I asked him if he would do the same as the first man, to which he answered yes. 

I AM SICK OF LIVING AMONG THE POSSESSED. I am ready, fully, for the Lord's return. How can I learn to "love my enemies?" How can I love someone who believes it is the duty of a Christian to rob someone at the point of a deadly weapon and possibly murder them for money? 

This world is just wicked, vile evil, rotten. I am AMAZED at God's patience, He really is the embodiment of love if he can seek to save such heathenish riff-raff. I have ministered and witnessed to both of these men, not to mention prayed for them TO THEIR FACES. They remain mockers and scoffers. 

"Love your enemies..." This is undoubtedly my shortcoming in God's eyes. How can I learn to do this? How have you? What can I do to rid myself of this feeling I can only describe as "hate?"  

I think you are being a little harsh on them.  Possessed by the devil?  Really?

When they said "rob a bank", I'm sure they were not thinking of putting a gun in someone's face and pulling the trigger.  They were thinking of getting money to save a hypothetical loved one.  When push comes to shove, most people say that, but wouldn't really do that.

It's a clarification of values.  What would you do in situation A?  How far would you go to save someone you loved.  

It's about a discussion.  Not the reality of murder.  Just a hypothetical discussion.

• Topic Count:  43
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  238
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Birthday:  11/16/1993

56 minutes ago, Jayne said:

I think you are being a little harsh on them.  Possessed by the devil?  Really?

When they said "rob a bank", I'm sure they were not thinking of putting a gun in someone's face and pulling the trigger.  They were thinking of getting money to save a hypothetical loved one.  When push comes to shove, most people say that, but wouldn't really do that.

It's a clarification of values.  What would you do in situation A?  How far would you go to save someone you loved.  

It's about a discussion.  Not the reality of murder.  Just a hypothetical discussion.

Yes, really. There are no scriptures saying possession would no longer occur after the coming of Christ. Most people do have demons in their lives, as "Many are called but few are [God's] chosen" Matthew 22:14. One of these men also commits fornication, blasphemy, and idolatry on a regular basis, and has intentions to visit a psychic and experiment with tarot cards. The Devil has a tight grip on that one. 

Would you rob a bank to save a loved one? Knowing that Christ is on His way back to judge you? Would you allow someone else to even think it's a good idea to rob a bank, knowing that Christ is on His way back to judge them? These men said they WOULD DO IT if they "needed" to (whatever that means) and said that failing to do so in the event I "needed to" was not the Christian thing to do. So even if they were lying about doing it for real they were 1. doing just that, LYING about it and 2. they committed blasphemy on the spot. You would really have me just let that go, knowing God is watching in wait to judge us both and them as well? Men like these are a sign of the end times (2 Tomithy 3:1-5).

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  667
  • Content Per Day:  0.38

Hi AngellnTraining93,

I doubt these men are possessed. Remember, if you are a Christian be a light to others.  Also, this verse came to mind after reading your post. We all are sinners and sin in different ways.

• Luke 18:11, "The Pharissee, standing by himself, prayed thus: 'God, I thank you that I am not like other men, extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even like this tax collector."

• Topic Count:  168
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  394
  • Content Per Day:  0.19
  • Birthday:  12/28/1983

You should do a DUWD. Dont Understand then Write it Down:

Get a blank a4 piece of paper. Write down as a heading "Are these people possessed". Turn it portrait. Draw a line down the middle. Write yes and no at the top of each line. Write reasons for yes and no under the right headings with a score from 1 to unlikely to 10 for sure. Add up the scores for the columns and you should find that if it is done properly you will find if they are possessed or not possessed.

Do it thoroughly and pray to Jesus for an honest heart and clarity of thought.

Scan it and post it on this thread so that you have a fair chance to be heard.

I am saying this as I was abused and know how much it hurts not to be believed.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,795
  • Content Per Day:  0.65
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/26/1952

On 1/13/2020 at 3:35 PM, AngelInTraining93 said:

Please remember that some of the advice Jesus gave was meant to make us perfect. Ideally, Jesus would like us all to be perfect. But God knows this isn't very practical, so what can you do. I suggest you start with trying to not hate sinners, leave loving them for another year.

• 5 months later...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  1,176
  • Content Per Day:  0.86
  • Birthday:  04/29/1987

On 1/13/2020 at 8:35 PM, AngelInTraining93 said:

I dont think we are in the first seal let alone the sixth, the Antichrist is not here yet, and he would have to be for the seals to start.