alaric_w

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  26
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,602
  • Content Per Day:  4.02
  • Days Won:  21

Hal Lindsey and all the other 'informers' may have got it all wrong. Seems though many have somehow imbibed these weird and unprovable ideas like they drank the Kool Aid.

What is going to happen is so far removed from current 'eschatology' that we really do need to have a fresh approach that is not colored by historical whimsical 'teachings'. Much of them book sale fairy tales.

Revelation repurposed and reassigns much of the ancient prophets. So much is a picture we can scarce get our minds around because it is going to be a COSMIC ending and since we have been taught to ignore most supernatural stuff in the Tanakh as referenced by the apostles, I just do no think many will get it when it begins to happen.

Apocalypses can rarely be understood by our modern technocratic world views. It happens on a supernatural and natural plane and incorporates Divine Council beings and earthen inhabitants both of a supernatural and natural origin. 

God is going to 'clean house' both in heaven and on earth in the final conflict. "As in heaven, so also on the earth..."

Edited by Justin Adams
  • Well Said! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.95
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

13 minutes ago, Justin Adams said:

Hal Lindsey and all the other 'informers' may have got it all wrong.

Yeah, boy-howdy did they ever. My mom bought The Late Great Planet Earth of course by Lindsey, and we even attended a 5,000 numbered crowd presentation by the man himself. We all thought, "Any time now." But, the decades wore on. Well, I do feel the time is drawing ever near. Certainly closer now more than ever. 

Edited by BeauJangles
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,371
  • Content Per Day:  1.37
  • Days Won:  5

29 minutes ago, Justin Adams said:

Hal Lindsey and all the other 'informers' may have got it all wrong. Seems though many have somehow imbibed these weird and unprovable ideas like they drank the Kool Aid.

What is going to happen is so far removed from current 'eschatology' that we really do need to have a fresh approach that is not colored by historical whimsical 'teachings'. Much of them book sale fairy tales.

Revelation repurposed and reassigns much of the ancient prophets. So much is a picture we can scarce get our minds around because it is going to be a COSMIC ending and since we have been taught to ignore most supernatural stuff in the Tanakh as referenced by the apostles, I just do no think many will get it when it begins to happen.

Apocalypses can rarely be understood by our modern technocratic world views. It happens on a supernatural and natural plane and incorporates Divine Council beings and earthen inhabitants both of a supernatural and natural origin. 

God is going to 'clean house' both in heaven and on earth in the final conflict. "As in heaven, so also on the earth..."

Amen....the sky rolled back like a scroll....the earth reeling to and fro like a drunkard....stars falling to the earth......that sure does all sound pretty cosmic to me!  No wonder it says mens' hearts will be failing them for fear, and begging the mountains and rocks to fall on them to hide them from the wrath of the Lamb!  It will reach to the very core and spirit of the people who are alive on earth at that time.

• Well Said! 1

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  81
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, Godismyloveforever said:

The rapture and the second coming are two different events.  

Yes I know rapture and 2nd coming are two different events. But both events are 7 years apart. So if you can estimate the year of one of the event, you will be able to know roughly when will the 2nd event.

• Thumbs Up 1

15 minutes ago, alaric_w said:

Yes I know rapture and 2nd coming are two different events. But both events are 7 years apart. So if you can estimate the year of one of the event, you will be able to know roughly when will the 2nd event.

I don't :noidea: think so.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  81
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  1

14 minutes ago, BeauJangles said:

I don't :noidea: think so.

We can see the sequence from 2 Thessalonians 2:6-8 "And now you know what is holding him back, so that he may be revealed at the proper time. For the secret power of lawlessness is already at work; but the one who now holds it back will continue to do so till he is taken out of the way. And then the lawless one will be revealed, whom the Lord Jesus will overthrow with the breath of his mouth and destroy by the splendor of his coming."

The one who now holds the power of lawlessness back = Only God can hold back Satan. Right now, the Holy Spirit is present on earth and the Holy Spirit dwells in true born again christian. Their body is the temple of God.

it will continue to do so till he is taken out of the way = it(Holy Spirit) will continue to hold back Satan until God the Father takes his Holy Spirit out of the earth. Remember, the Holy Spirit can never leave a Christian. If the Holy Spirit is taken out of the earth, it will means all christian will be taken to heaven (meaning rapture)

the lawless one will be revealed = once Holy Spirit is remove, the anti-christ and the beast will be revealed immediately. They know that their time is short and will act fast. Hence, it will start the 7 year tribulation.

5 minutes ago, alaric_w said:

Remember, the Holy Spirit can never leave a Christian.

I am personally glad to hear you say that. There's so many members among us that don't adhere to this doctrinal truth. Then again, they are usually associated with the Once Saved NOT Always Saved bunch.   

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  48
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

Gen 3:15 
And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.

Rom 16:20 
And the God of peace shall bruise Satan under your feet shortly. The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you. Amen.

Kind of says it all if you know what is being stated.

Godbless

JTF

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  87
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,795
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Days Won:  3

3-5 yrs, Max.

But i would rather it had been yesterday.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 2

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,784
  • Content Per Day:  6.23
  • Days Won:  58

7 hours ago, BeauJangles said:

Hi @Marilyn C,

Just a side note here. Please don't ask me to explain my doctrinal beliefs on dispensationalism. Get bashed by all the pre-mid-post-tribulation believers here? Not a chance! haha! God bless. 

Shalom, 

David/BeauJangles

Puts down rocks.

Sigh you are no fun 

Lol just kidding.

• Haha 1