• Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  265
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,130
  • Content Per Day:  3.50
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

2 hours ago, missmuffet said:

It will happen in God's perfect timing. Date setting is not biblical.

Hi mm,

That comment is unhelpful and not related to the OP. Alaric said it was his personal estimation, and then went on to show how from scripture there is a plausible time frame. He has NOT set a DATE. Your are inferring he has and that is wrong to infer that. It is also unhelpful as your comment can lead people to think they will never know when God`s word tells us -

`But you brethren are NOT in darkness that this day should overtake you as a thief, you are sons of light.` (1 Thess. 5: 4 & 5)

`...exhorting one another, and SO MUCH THE MORE AS YOU SEE THE DAY APPRAOCHING.` (Heb. 10: 25)

So from God`s word this Day will not overtake us, and we should be warning (exhorting) one another as WE SEE the day APPROACHING. There is a time frame when we need to do this as Alaric has done and also George has in the Worthy brief TODAY.

So let`s not go about being a naysayer, but an encourager and all the more as we see the Day approaching.

Marilyn.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  414
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  1,273
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Days Won:  0

On 1/14/2020 at 3:54 AM, The_Patriot2019 said:

Lol are you seriously telling God when He can show up? Seriously? People have been trying to assign dates for the second coming since well, the Ascension. God's done a pretty good job of making fools out of all of them. I suspect this date will be no different.

I totally agree 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  55,875
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

On 1/14/2020 at 1:54 AM, The_Patriot2019 said:

Lol are you seriously telling God when He can show up? Seriously? People have been trying to assign dates for the second coming since well, the Ascension. God's done a pretty good job of making fools out of all of them. I suspect this date will be no different.

safe_image.gif

my dog apparently agrees with you Patriot.

• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  344
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,393
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

On 1/13/2020 at 11:12 PM, alaric_w said:

When will the last generation start before the rapture of the church?

Luke 21:29-32 He told them this parable: “Look at the fig tree and all the trees. When they sprout leaves, you can see for yourselves and know that summer is near. Even so, when you see these things happening, you know that the kingdom of God is near. “Truly I tell you, this generation will certainly not pass away until all these things have happened.”

The generation after Israel revived as a nation (which has already happen in year 1948) is the last generation before Jesus’ second coming.

How long is one generation in the bible?

Psalm 90:10 Our days may come to seventy years, or eighty, if our strength endures; yet the best of them are but trouble and sorrow, for they quickly pass, and we fly away.

According to the bible, one generation is between 70-80 years. This is why no one can pin-point the exact rapture date because there is an allowance of 10 years. God can rapture the church any time within this window of 10 years.

Based on these 2 information,

1) Jesus’ second coming will be between year 2018 to 2028.

2) However, the rapture will happen before the 7 year tribulation.

So we need to subtract 7 years out from 2018-2028. Hence the rapture can happen earliest in year 2011 and latest in year 2021.

Why is God delaying his coming?

2 Peter 3:9 The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. Instead he is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance.

God is rich in mercy and slow to anger. God will delay his second coming until everyone who is suppose to be save is saved. So I believe his second coming is near the end of year 2021.

My thoughts reflect yours. As stated previously, we can't know the day nor the hour, but we can know the season of our Lord's return. As you rightly point out in Luke 21: 29, it's talking about a change of season we can observe, and when the kingdom is near. The Rapture / Resurrection will take non-believers by surprise, but not Christians watching and waiting. After May 14, 1948 when for the first time in history, after 2,000 years of diaspora, a previous nation was formed once again, but still in disbelief. Combined with the convergence of everything prophetic pertaining to the end-times, I strongly believe we are the terminal generation. 

So if we are the terminal generation as I suspect. A natural question arises of how long a generation could be, 30, 40, 100, 120 years, or when the last person born in that generation dies? As you quoted in Psalm 90: 10, it's the last biblical longevity given in the Bible for the average life span of people, which coincides with scientific data of today. Everything prophetic pertaining to the end-times is in place or is rapidly forming. 

I'm personally watching for our snatching away at any moment, as it could occur at any time. Based on what I believe are clues in the Bible about the timing of the Rapture, among all the other things prophetic we are to watch for. I think it possible the Rapture could occur prior to the year 2028? Possibly even on a Jewish holiday? In any event, whether I'm alive on earth or not, I won't be disappointed if it doesn't happen by then. When the Lord determines that the last person to be saved on earth happens, the Father will send His Son to fetch us without delay. 

We have hope and a glorious eternal future ahead of us regardless of the timing. 

Edited by Dennis1209
  • Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  81
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  1

4 minutes ago, Dennis1209 said:

My thoughts reflect yours. As stated previously, we can't know the day nor the hour, but we can know the season of our Lord's return. As you rightly point out in Luke 21: 29, it's talking about a change of season we can observe, and when the kingdom is near. The Rapture / Resurrection will take non-believers by surprise, but not Christians watching and waiting. After May 14, 1948 when for the first time in history, after 2,000 years of diaspora, a previous nation was formed once again, but still in disbelief. Combined with the convergence of everything prophetic pertaining to the end-times, I strongly believe we are the terminal generation. 

So if we are the terminal generation as I suspect. A natural question arises of how long a generation could be, 30, 40, 100, 120 years, or when the last person born in that generation dies? As you quoted in Psalm 90: 10, it's the last biblical longevity given in the Bible for the average life span of people, which coincides with scientific data of today. Everything prophetic pertaining to the end-times is in place or is rapidly forming. 

I'm personally watching for our snatching away at any moment, as it could occur at any time. Based on what I believe are clues in the Bible about the timing of the Rapture, among all the other things prophetic we are to watch for. I think it possible the Rapture could occur prior to the year 2028? Possibly even on a Jewish holiday? In any event, whether I'm alive on earth or not, I won't be disappointed if it doesn't happen by then. When the Lord determines that the last person to be saved on earth happens, the Father will send His Son to fetch us without delay. 

We have hope and a glorious eternal future ahead of us regardless of the timing. 

Amen. See you in the clouds. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  265
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,130
  • Content Per Day:  3.50
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

`Be diligent to present yourself approved to God, a worker who does not need to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.` (2 Tim. 2: 15)   

I would urge you to repent and seek the Lord for `eye slave,` (Rev. 3: 18) so that you can `see the day approaching.` (Heb. 10: 25) How can you warn people if you do not `see the day approaching?` How can you come together all the more unless you `see the day approaching?`

`…exhorting  (warning)one another, and so much the more as you see the Day approaching.` (Heb. 10: 25)

Finally, George has encouraged and warned us in yesterday`s Worthy brief and you would do well to heed its message.

`...the fact is that we are very near to the Lord's return and there are many signs of His soon coming...... . And the whole point of thinking about and dwelling upon Yeshua's return is that we want to be ready, keeping close accounts with Him, living holy and fruitful lives...spotless, blameless, at His coming `

Marilyn.

Edited by George
Removed some comments as it could be taken the wrong way
  • Thumbs Up 1