• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.93
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

53 minutes ago, existential mabel said:

Harry & meggan told the public what they were going to do even before the Queen. meggan has been extremly rude on various occaisi0ns to the Queen...

I did not know this. But if she is going through some marital issues, or struggling against postpartum depression, that may well explain aggravated behavioral outbursts. 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  414
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  1,273
  • Content Per Day:  0.36
  • Days Won:  0

In a word - WHO  CARES!!!!

• Oy Vey! 1

• Group:  Royal Member

I may take a hit on this, but right now I'm too exhausted to care. My personal feelings for her Majesty are of the utmost respect and admiration. I mentioned this to one of our British moderators, now graduated to Heaven. She in my opinion, has been through some tremendously challenging issues throughout her reign. Two world wars, nations divided, and some have been granted sovereignty, financial crisis, family shame, on and on. She confesses her belief in Jesus Christ as Saviour and Lord, and yes, I know she's Anglican. But all that means something significant to me anyway. Okay, blast away.  

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Well Said! 2

8 minutes ago, creativemechanic said:

In a word - WHO  CARES!!!!

Wow, bro. Wind down your watch. :foot-stomp:

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  39
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  24,609
  • Content Per Day:  5.76
  • Days Won:  160
  • Birthday:  01/30/1985

1 hour ago, BeauJangles said:

I may take a hit on this, but right now I'm too exhausted to care. My personal feelings for her Majesty are of the utmost respect and admiration. I mentioned this to one of our British moderators, now graduated to Heaven. She in my opinion, has been through some tremendously challenging issues throughout her reign. Two world wars, nations divided, and some have been granted sovereignty, financial crisis, family shame, on and on. She confesses her belief in Jesus Christ as Saviour and Lord, and yes, I know she's Anglican. But all that means something significant to me anyway. Okay, blast away.  

No need for me to blast when you are right. :)

I have always admired Queen Elizabeth. She is the best of the lot. She has poise, grace and strength. She has made mistakes, but mostly she has done the best she can in her role. I wish more world leaders had the qualities she possesses.

I'm not sayings she's a saint. I'm saying I like her. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Brilliant! 1
  • Well Said! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,043
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

3 hours ago, existential mabel said:

Harry & meggan told the public what they were going to do even before the Queen. meggan has been extremly rude on various occaisi0ns to the Queen...

and there is no excuse for that in my opinion....

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  950
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,525
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

2 hours ago, DustyRoad said:

And here I thought the little rattle-trap I picked in Germany was a great deal! In hindsight I was probably paying for all of that paracord the previous owner used the hood... he was truly creative with it!

Yep  a good deal! Had to finance it though. It was 1949 Pontiac Chieftain straight 8 four door with layers and layers of roofing tar allover it on the outside. The owner was a commercial roofer. Once I dissolved all the tar I found a gem with excellent chrome and original two tone green paint.

I blew years worth of dust out of the interior and found it was pristine too!

The owner was a family friend hightailing it out of town  before his wife could clonk him on the head again. He gave me the car for a dollar as he left. I had to borrow the dollar to pay him right then and there.

I tore the whole front end off in a crash in the foggy rain, drove into a five ton panel truck parked in front of my gals house. Unbolted it all and used a junk 50 Pontiac front end I got for just removing that car out of a neighbors garage. Bolted it all together and was back in business for a bit.

Found it no longer wanted to make left hand turns. A friend bought it from me. And I was off to a dealer for th first of many financed vehicles, all Mopars. Each seemed  to come with a fist full of speeding tickets.

Wasn't raised as rich as a hairy prince,  but did lead a bit of a fairy tale life, married the little pony tailed princess next door where i crashed the Pontiac.

God is good!

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,515
  • Content Per Day:  0.86
  • Days Won:  11

4 hours ago, BeauJangles said:

My personal feelings for her Majesty are of the utmost respect and admiration.

3 hours ago, IainL said:

I have always admired Queen Elizabeth. She is the best of the lot. She has poise, grace and strength. She has made mistakes, but mostly she has done the best she can in her role. I wish more world leaders had the qualities she possesses.

I totally agree with both of you. She is an unrivaled model of grace and dignity. In every one of her annual Christmas messages, she finds a way to share the Gospel of Christ. I'm not sure we will realize the significance of her presence in the world until she has left us. God bless the Queen.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Well Said! 1

8 hours ago, existential mabel said:

Harry & meggan told the public what they were going to do even before the Queen. meggan has been extremly rude on various occaisi0ns to the Queen...

and there is no excuse for that in my opinion....

I wholeheartedly agree. In spite of the rumors of marital disharmony or postpartum depression, being sassy to the queen is totally unacceptable. 

•  
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.89
  • Days Won:  5

16 hours ago, Equippers said:

Daily Beast is a US publication actually. i think it is intended to be more high brow than the National Enquirer

Didn’t Daily Beast previously go by the name “Newsweek?”

• Haha 1