• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  951
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,556
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

Hi,

Don't know about wisdom, but whatever  it is it got the better part of valor this AM.

Had anticipated getting into church prayer meeting this morning and then assisting some in cleaning up the building, simple janitorial work done by volunteers. A good group of prayer warriors and workers. But this AM greeted wife and me with thunder and lightning with my back disks a screaming at me.

So disappointed as I am, I will sit it out his morning, thinking the sixty mile roundtrip through the woods is a little much for me today. We will have our own little private time of meeting, just my Sweet Texas Peach and me. I share in that it is possibly the first time I have used the good sense God gave me instead of just plodding through  regardless.

Feels a little like someone canceled a birthday party saying well there can be other birthdays God willing. Oh well giving thanks in all things has it's duty as well as privilege.

How the weather out there your way? Been warm in the 50's here during the daytime and 80's down at in the subtropics. Sunday  pastor said "Winter is over." Seemed funny, had to be there I suppose. Winter is over, ha. Well maybe- but wasn't it 27 degrees two nights ago?

Take care traveling out there ya'll.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  26
  • Topic Count:  35
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,734
  • Content Per Day:  2.77
  • Days Won:  21

9 hours ago, Neighbor said:

How the weather out there your way? Been warm in the 50's here during the daytime and 80's down at in the subtropics. Sunday  pastor said "Winter is over." Seemed funny, had to be there I suppose. Winter is over, ha. Well maybe- but wasn't it 27 degrees two nights ago?

Take care traveling out there ya'll.

Mid 70's, gloomy with rain. Looks like another year with no winter for this snow loving birdie.

• Thumbs Up 1

Well perhaps winter is not over. Was 60 degrees last night in the mountains. Temparature started dropping at sunrise. It i snow 39 degrees going down to 27 back to 40s in day time and then down to 16 degrees for a couple of nights. Brrr. But love the mountains. Even with iffy internet and sometimes no cell phone either. Hey it i the back country, on the back side of that too. Kinda like being  on the back side of the moon at times, with just a few old timers up here this time of year.

We loaded up on food figuring the roads and bridges to get iced up. Might be a nice time to wrap up my latest read of Matthew.

God is good providing the time for His lessons. Love it Thank you thank you Lord.

• Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  475
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  6,557
  • Content Per Day:  2.28
  • Days Won:  9

It was 16 degrees this morning.  On Monday its supposed to be 7 degrees. Winter still here lol. Hope you get to go to church meeting soon neighbor. 

• Thanks 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Content Count:  875
  • Content Per Day:  0.41
  • Days Won:  1

I’m in Amarillo tonight. 28 and ice all over. 

• Praying! 1

Sure enough it is 29 degrees. Kinda fun but kinda cold too. This is why I am here, to see if I can take it after all these years. Is the wondrous quiet of the country worth the reasons it is quiet here. Slept with a window open, and the fireplace kept kicking on, fresh air and warmth fighting it out. Best thing of it is I got sleep real sleep, and no oak tree stuff messing with my sinuses, just like the doctor recommended.

Pretty cool in a nice sense of the word.

Sad contrasting note; my really nice neighbor couple are having to leave and go be near family in the city. He has vision issues and she has developed some alzheimer's issues. We even attend the same church body here. Going to miss them.

I find it is a common story here, people last a couple of years and then find medical issues force them back into the greater cities for care. Guess the lesson is make the move a little earlier in life if one is going to do it. Odd how in part my own decision to try it here is medically related, that plus the sense of a calling to be here specifically.

Makes me wonder a bit, but I had reasons other than for my own benefit for making this adventure in the woods. Plus I now feel led to a church body up here, so here it is regardless  for now while I find out the why of that. The local church announced some nine new ministries will be revealed over the next couple of months. Who knows, maybe there is something in addition to special needs individuals, maybe not. Going to be in prayer for there to be iindividuals interested and ready  for it all.

In the meantime I am being really made aware of prayer, just prayer, and that is a good thing. Wondrously so. Just prayer.

Well that  is the stuff part, the weather, it looks like the weather people know their craft. Amazingly accurate. Think I had better go close that window for awhile the fresh air is winning out over the flame in the fireplace.

May all be secure in the locales you find yourselves in today, plus very safe even on icy roadways. Amen.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.24
  • Days Won:  115

It is around 4 degree with a north wind of around 12 mph, bringing the wind chill to a -13.  Brought the dog out for a very short walk this morning.  Will take him back out after I take out my cold weather gear.  Stay warm out there!

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  1,979
  • Content Per Day:  0.99
  • Days Won:  1

Man!!! It's these kind of threads that causes my computer to lock up, ...what's winter, ...ya'll need  some sunshine... LOL

005.jpg.a69ed4f5b9af76f1c6ab27650869391d.jpg