• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  86
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/31/1963

Some of you may recognize my name some may not.  I left my wife last June and the divorce was final in November.  Now she is back with her first husband. I always felt I was in the way of them getting back together...He raised her 3  now grown girls and two of them were not his. I just felt that I didn't fit in the picture and was shuffled to the back. Its over and done with now. 

I moved back to South Arkansas and spend my time with my 75 year old dad and my brother who is single. I am 56 years old and not established in a church....It is tough to go alone.  But I know I need to get serious about getting back involved. 

I checked out a church this last Sunday. I loved the worship and the message....At the end of the service there were two ladies greeting near the back door, the first lady was not very friendly. she took a step back, i smiled and extended my hand anyway. she shook my hand....the second lady was friendlier and asked my name.   I'm not going to volunteer that I have been divorced twice. I am done with marriage....I just cannot mentally handle a marriage relationship.   

• Praying! 2

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  105
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,803
  • Content Per Day:  1.29
  • Days Won:  2

God bless you.  May you spend the next for years seeking his face and drawing closer to his leadership.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,990
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,688
  • Content Per Day:  11.83
  • Days Won:  226

6 minutes ago, stronggrace55 said:

Some of you may recognize my name some may not.  I left my wife last June and the divorce was final in November.  Now she is back with her first husband. I always felt I was in the way of them getting back together...He raised her 3  now grown girls and two of them were not his. I just felt that I didn't fit in the picture and was shuffled to the back. Its over and done with now. 

I moved back to South Arkansas and spend my time with my 75 year old dad and my brother who is single. I am 56 years old and not established in a church....It is tough to go alone.  But I know I need to get serious about getting back involved. 

I checked out a church this last Sunday. I loved the worship and the message....At the end of the service there were two ladies greeting near the back door, the first lady was not very friendly. she took a step back, i smiled and extended my hand anyway. she shook my hand....the second lady was friendlier and asked my name.   I'm not going to volunteer that I have been divorced twice. I am done with marriage....I just cannot mentally handle a marriage relationship.   

If you can not mentally handle a marriage relationship it is wise to know that and stay single. 

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Flowersun said:

Yes,it is definitely tough,going it alone.....but we have the Lord with us,without him,it was much,much tougher,I also divorced twice,a few months after the second divorce,I became born again....God also told me,that he will bring me a husband..I will know him through the spirit....

Let him heal you first...then who knows what the future will bring for you....he certainly has a plan mapped out for you.....God Bless.

I needed to hear this....Thank you!!

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  39
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  204
  • Content Per Day:  0.08

Do you need me to say a prayer for you? It sounds like you have fallen on hard times.

33 minutes ago, JacquelineDeane55 said:

Do you need me to say a prayer for you? It sounds like you have fallen on hard times.

yes I can use some prayers..Thank you.

• Praying! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  950
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,525
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

8 hours ago, stronggrace55 said:

and the message

Please share more about the message that you loved. Will enjoy reading about that experience

ps- BTW, I never would have known you to be married nor divorced and twice, till you volunteered it here.

The church is doing 21 days of fasting, which I agree with everything the pastor said about fasting. He talked about consecrating those things in our life that should be put first like our relationship with God, our family, the church, integrity, and purity. He had a bucket with each priority named on it. He used a invisible fence. if he slipped in a area or left the gate open a little bit it would allow the enemy in to effect those other areas he had consecrated. I think the illustration was done really well. I hope I explained it so others could understand. I will be going back Sunday.

1 hour ago, Neighbor said:

Please share more about the message that you loved. Will enjoy reading about that experience

ps- BTW, I never would have known you to be married nor divorced and twice, till you volunteered it here.

I mean I know people are going to want to know why I am 56 and single.  I will tell the pastor and if anyone else asks I will just tell them I'm divorced. I don't know its sort of embarrassing.....

• Praying! 1

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.93
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

9 hours ago, stronggrace55 said:

I'm not going to volunteer that I have been divorced twice. I am done with marriage....I just cannot mentally handle a marriage relationship.   

You really don't have to disclose information about it, brother. At least not for now, anyway. But if you do become a prominent congregant, people are going to take natural interest in your personal life. Of course how you respond and what you say is your business. Just remember that a lot of Christians can be inordinately curious about you if you appear secretive.