• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  940
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,412
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

32 minutes ago, stronggrace55 said:

I mean I know people are going to want to know why I am 56 and single.  I will tell the pastor and if anyone else asks I will just tell them I'm divorced. I don't know its sort of embarrassing.....

Hi, Maybe I guess,  but I know a deacon a really good man that didn't catch on to things until his fourth marriage. It was then, though he had church affiliation, that he became saved, and his life was turned about same as the rest of us that have had similar experiences of salvation in life.

Like Saul who was a chief persecutor of Christians until God tuned him about, this man  actually trained and became an excellent marriage relationship counselor. And who better I suppose. He knows his past and owns that it is his history and he credits God alone for his turn about.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers

45 minutes ago, stronggrace55 said:

21 days of fasting

Really, interesting, 21 consecutive days of fast. No food at all? Or some other definition of fasting?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.95
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

6 minutes ago, Neighbor said:

Like Saul who was a chief persecutor of Christians until God tuned him about, this man  actually trained and became an excellent marriage relationship counselor. And who better I suppose. He knows his past and owns that it is his history and he credits God alone for his turn about.

This is true. For a single person, the Apostle Paul expounded a lot of advisement about marriage. 

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.95
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

1 minute ago, Neighbor said:

Really, interesting, 21 consecutive days of fast. No food at all? Or some other definition of fasting?

There are several of fasts one can do. 

1. Total fast = denial of any sort of nourishment including water.

2. Partial fast = partaking of simple foods such as broth soups. Water is of course consumed. 

3. Simple fast = occasional eating of perhaps one meal per day. 

There are more possible ways of fasting. Go with your convictions.  

• Group:  Worthy Ministers

6 hours ago, BeauJangles said:

There are several of fasts one can do. 

Don't think so. But that is for another thread.

As for me, I am interested in learning more about the sermon that has intrigued and encouraged stronggrace55.

• 11 months later...

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  86
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/31/1963

Well a year has come and gone believe it or not. The Covid stood in my way of becoming a member. The church has been open since August. The pastor reached out to me and I will be joining the church probably after the first of the year. I am in a small town so I am sure word has got around that I am divorced now. I'm looking forward to being a member, and I pray that I find my spot in the body of Christ and can serve perhaps better now since I am not married.  I am not good in marriage relationships, it involves a level of trust that I do not seem to be able to handle. I always think the worst, and that the person is messing around behind my back...The Holy Spirit will have to get rid of that baggage before I marry again.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Well Said! 1

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  763
  • Topics Per Day:  0.34
  • Content Count:  6,897
  • Content Per Day:  3.09
  • Days Won:  1

On 1/15/2020 at 10:11 AM, stronggrace55 said:

The church is doing 21 days of fasting,

In what manner is the 21 days of fasting ? Fasting on meat only or eat once a day only ?

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  285
  • Content Per Day:  0.12

“And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose.” Romans 8:28.

OP, reading your original post just made me tear up- I have so been there, and so done that...and been so looked down upon and judged by members of my church at the time due to the Big D. I felt guilt and shame and everything else, and God knew and He saw in my heart of hearts, He knew where I was at with all of it, deep, deep down where no one but God could see. And He knows your heart as well, and He understands every, single facet of what you and they went through- 

I always wonder why people can be so horrifically judgmental about divorce, and I think it's because...in part...it's something that is public, and can't necessarily be hidden away like so many people will and can hide other things away. I won't say it is 'sin', because again....God knows what we all did, and why we did it- better than anyone looking at the situation from the outside. I was the one many years ago who left my ex- God knew my reasons for it, and let me tell you....I agonized over what I was doing because I felt such guilt due to bible verses on divorce, etc.- to make a very long story short, I literally threw myself on God's mercy, begged Him for forgiveness...and just opened up my heart about all of it to Him, because nobody knew my story or my reasons for doing what I did better than He did. And although I can't imagine how I ever deserved such a blessing from God, I have been married to the kindest, most wonderful man for the last 14 years- my ex passed away last year, and we were all on very good terms. And that's all I will say about all of that, lol.

What I do want to say, in closing is....never think that you are 'less than' for being divorced. Let people think and say and do what they will think and say and do....but God knows your heart, He understands your reasons..and He loves you and He will work a beautiful thing in your life, I'm sure of it :)

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  63
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  2,196
  • Content Per Day:  1.37
  • Birthday:  03/25/1961

I can truly say I do not know you life other then my mom married like 4 times.  

What I do know at 59 is GOD will never go against our free will....what we want. HAHA there is nothing your Father can not do. This time.. not saying you never did ok? I don't know you. Let the sweet holy Spirit lead (luke 11 13) just relax fall in to His arms and what ever you want Father..never give it another thought.

My dad (step dad since I was 3) died of bone cancer. So my mom gets married :) AGAIN.. this time a man of God that she they both believed were always meant for each other. What she thought praise God.. I never touched it. I know how God feels about divorce. 

But when He forgives.. its gone as if it never happened. He does not remember it. A old song that was about young people mainly   girls.. can also fits here. "if you done it and you wonder what do to.. God to Jesus and He will make you brand new". What He does. 

God to Him give it all and never look back.. The thing with God is.. it does not get worse over time.. it ALWAYS GETS BETTER! When we think its over its to late.. I can see Him laughing.. oh He can't wait to shine. He LOVES to give and give and give. 

He will fully respect what ever we want. Relax let go watch what your Father can do. Just always repent and KNOW He is for you not against you. 

To all.. when ever we get stuck or lost always go back to the start and think about WHO your Father really is and He is ALWAYS for you never against you. The kid that took his share left what happen when he came back? And Christ was telling this. So we know who the Father is. The Father RAN to the son or daughter.. He RUNS to you! You don't know how LOVED you are and Hes GOD so that LOVE NEVER Fades.. never ever goes away no matter what we do. That love never changes. He longs to see us hold us and never let go

• Thumbs Up 2