• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  39
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  204
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  0

What are your personal beliefs?

I have believed in GOD, Jesus, the bible, heaven, hell, etc. I have also believed in the gospel and have tried to get right with GOD.

Is that what you guys have done?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,408
  • Content Per Day:  1.41

4 minutes ago, JacquelineDeane55 said:

I believe in the Trinity.  ie: three in one  God, Jesus, The holy Spirit.   I believe that if you put your faith in Jesus Christ you shall be saved,  I also believe in Once Saved Always Saved (OSAS)  I believe that the Bible is God's living word, I believe in heaven and hell also.  I believe in the power of prayer.  I also believe that no one not even one can get right with God by there own works.   

8 minutes ago, JacquelineDeane55 said:

To some extent yes.   

God bless. 

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  205
  • Content Per Day:  0.12

As far as I can tell, yes.

If i've got the intended message behind this post right, some things take time. Life is a growing and learning process. A bit like a garden. It grows, some stuff is snipped and stripped away, it grows again, rinse and repeat. 

I'm not quite how I used to be, and I'm thankful to the Lord for what progress has been made, but I do still feel like I can improve further. I will never be perfect, though - I'm just a guy. All one can do is keep praying and keep learning. Stick to it, and you'll start to see changes eventually, even if it takes years.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,625
  • Content Per Day:  0.79
  • Days Won:  1

2 hours ago, JacquelineDeane55 said:

I have believed in GOD, Jesus, the bible, heaven, hell, etc. I have also believed in the gospel and have tried to get right with GOD.

Shalom JacquelineDeane

I'm getting the vibe that you might have a nagging question or thought that you want to understand? Or I might be completely wrong! Hehe

Love & Shalom 

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4,361
  • Content Per Day:  2.32
  • Birthday:  02/03/1953

2 hours ago, JacquelineDeane55 said:

I believe in God and Jesus. I think the Bible is an accurate account of the events it witnesses to. I think heaven is the peace that comes with obeying the Lord's commandments (Matthew 4:17). I think hell is the trouble that comes into our lives when we break those commandments. Sometimes I get yelled at for sharing my beliefs.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,502
  • Content Per Day:  0.66

20 hours ago, JacquelineDeane55 said:

Trusting Jesus for salvation IS "getting right with God", aka "born again" or "saved".

The day BB stopped trusting BB and BB trusted Jesus for salvation was the day I was saved.

No one disagrees with the gospel’s logic of perfection vs. imperfection:

1)      Ask someone, “Are you, like me, morally imperfect, and you disobey your inner voice?”

2)      After their “Sure!” say “If there’s a Heaven or utopia [long pause] we can’t go! If I hurt your feelings in Heaven or vice versa, it’s not Heaven. How can imperfect people get to Heaven?” People usually respond, “Do you have a solution?”

3)      Say “The solution is a person. The Bible explains that Jesus Christ, being God, innocent and perfect, switched places with us on the cross. He died a horrible death by torture to take our sin, guilt and shame, our imperfection. He then rose from the dead, and as the Bible says, “God loved the world in this way--He gave His Son [I hold one hand up], so whoever trusts Him [I raise my other hand] shall not perish but has eternal life [I fold the fingers of my hands together].” (Trust is clearer than “believe” for John 3:16.) Put another way, “God made Jesus, who was perfect, to be imperfect [I cross my arms over each other] for us, that we who are imperfect might become as perfect as God.”” (2 Corinthians 5:21)

• Well Said! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,990
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,688
  • Content Per Day:  11.83
  • Days Won:  226

Receive Jesus Christ as your Savior, fully accepting His death as sufficient for your sins. Fully trusting Him alone as your Savior. Have a personal relationship with Him not just a religion. Pray and communicate with Him everyday and read your Bible and get to know Him. You are then a new person in Christ. Put your sinful world behind you and be obedient to Christ. Put Christ number one in your life and let him guide your every step and every breath. 

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  998
  • Content Per Day:  0.64

I believe that God in Christ, suffered death on behalf of all His creation. And via the death and resurrection of Christ, the Holy Spirit of God was shed upon all flesh, fulfilling Joel 2:28 [Acts 2:14-38] The Holy Spirit, due to the death and resurrection of Christ, is at the door of everyone's heart, and literally inside of the hearts of those that believe in the death and resurrection of Christ. In this manner, via the death and resurrection of Christ, everyone has a chance to personally interact with the Holy Spirit of God, and the fullness of such interaction is righteousness and eternal physical life.

And because believers have His Spirit, we also therefore believe that we can do all things through His Spirit that is in us.

-------

"Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God" John 3:5

"If you are led by the Spirit you are not under the law" Galatians 5:18

Christ in John 3 was urging Nicodemus to just believe Him, just take His word for it, and therefore continue to just believe the things He said. That is being born of the Spirit, following the Spirit, the clear directives and direction of the Spirit came out of the mouth of Christ, His teachings are the directives and direction of the Spirit, summarized by; love.

When He said "whatsoever ye would that men should do to you, do you even so to them, for this is the law and the prophets" The Pharasees and Saducees, did not, believe, Him.  We are to believe Him in order to get into heaven.

And indeed John himself confirms; "Whosoever believes not the Son shall not see life." John 3:36.

That is the kind of belief we are to have in Christ, Christ is not absent of His words.

"Why call ye me Lord Lord and do not the things that I say?" Luke 6:46

• 2 weeks later...

• Content Count:  304
  • Content Per Day:  0.19

On 1/14/2020 at 8:37 PM, JacquelineDeane55 said:

Hi Jacqueline,

Curious question. You say "you believed" in past tense. and "have tried" in past tense.
Are you in doubt at this moment? What are the questions that are circling in your mind/heart right now?

• Content Count:  304
  • Content Per Day:  0.19

Each of us have walked their own road and did their own things.
But note that in the end it is not what we have done or tried. But it is what we believe. Repent and trust in Jesus.
It is what He has done for us. And that we repent, turn to Him and trust in Him fully.

Edited by Wesley L