• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  904
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,642
  • Content Per Day:  2.03
  • Days Won:  9

On 1/18/2020 at 10:25 PM, WordSword said:

Now I see what others mean, and I just corrected the passage location, which is Jer 31:31 and not Eze. Thanks for the heads-up from you all!

No probs.

Jeremiah 31:31-34 is a proof text that all who are God's people (whether born Jew or Gentile) are of the

House of Israel / House of Judah by the terms of the New Covenant.

Ephesians covers this, and the entire book of Hebrews is as a commentary on just this

passage in Jeremiah 31.

This is why you will note that my profile below my icon has stated

for some time that I (a Gentile born believer in the Jewish Messiah)

live in the SPIRITUAL HOUSE OF ISRAEL.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  166
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,159
  • Content Per Day:  0.24
  • Days Won:  0

I think before any more comments or opinions can be made I feel there are a couple issues needing addressed. First and foremost is the teaching of “The Covenant of Redemption,” because its doctrine is the basis of my understanding Israel’s eschatology, and is the Covenant presumed to be the present. “The covenant of redemption is the eternal agreement within the Godhead in which the Father appointed the Son to become incarnate, suffer, and die as a federal head of mankind to make an atonement for their sin. In return, the Father promised to raise Christ from the dead, glorify him, and give him a people.” (Wikipedia®)

If this doctrine is true (which is my belief for a while) then the new covenant (as mentioned earlier) of Israel shown in Jer 31:31 cannot be the proposed Covenant here mentioned in Christ’s Blood which presently and eternally exists in Christianity. The other difficulty (IMO) is that if “all Israel” and “the Israel of God” refer to all who are reborn in Christ among the Jews and Gentiles, there would need to be an explanation of the dominant usage of Jewish language presented with these terms in Scripture.

Myself, I’ve been researching the doctrine of Israel’s end times in God’s plans for a few decades now, and I’m more conclusive than not in believing that the Everlasting Covenant (Heb 13:20) is between God and His Son and not God and man. There is still much information to take in for me to be completely decided on this issue and in the meantime I will only be trying to reply to directly-related comments to these concepts; which again, have no reflection on the essential doctrines of salvation.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  166
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,159
  • Content Per Day:  0.24
  • Days Won:  0

Some useful information I found on this subject can be viewed searching “Redemption Planned” by Don Kistler, and I like the OT passage he includes that I believe is directly related: Zech 6:13.

https://www.ligonier.org/learn/articles/redemption-planned/