• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  667
  • Content Per Day:  0.38
  • Days Won:  0

Hi Melinda12,

It is hard to contemplate family members killing or harming one another but I know it happens frequently. I've seen so many stories featured on the news stations and/or online articles having to do with murders among families. Joseph is a great story in the bible because it show how God uses an evil act and works behind the scenes in Joseph's life to protect him. It gives us encouragement that even when others want to harm us, God has a greater good planned for believers and our own understanding will be enlightened in the end.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,701
  • Content Per Day:  2.46
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

Human kind has always been savage.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  950
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,545
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

2 hours ago, Melinda12 said:

Wow! I just thought surely it has to be rare. Sibling rivalry sure is very prevalent, certainly in my family. But actually physically harming is so awful to contemplate.  

I have a fault in me, i gi around assuming people are decent and most are good. I am idealistic and naive. I don't want to be cynical. 

Hi, Not being rare  doesn't make it common place either I suppose. From what I have seen many of us make it to our own death beds at a ripe old age and just up and die. I too do not like to dwell long on what  just awful stuff happens.

Idealistic is a fine quality one to nourish, being a naif is also a bit of a blessing.   Seeking the good in all is far more fun than is pointing out the bad.  If I am to suffer the sin of envy I think I would rather enjoy envying the polyanna personalities among us for their joy, and partake in some of it for myself.