• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.93
  • Days Won:  3

3 hours ago, maryjayne said:

more than three in the UK, plus non-gender

What dose that have to do with giving somebody your seat on the bus?

Edited by LadyKay

• Group:  Royal Member

3 hours ago, PromisesPromises! said:

I see people who are not smiling, not interacting.  I see people who seem bored and resigned to a routine.  I see people who need Jesus.  

It maybe a "city" thing. I grew up in small town. You say "hello" and nod a smile to people when you pass by them.  I went on a work trip with my husband to the city once. When I was out on the street I could not help myself but say "hello" to everyone who passed by me. Very few even looked up at me and some even thought it was strange.  I told my husband about it and he explain that is how people are in the city.  So I think it is a city thing.  

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  347
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,445
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

The old man that's dead in me would have much different thoughts and inaction's. 

Looking at that picture, I see me sitting down on the seats with the others and what I would do, regardless of anyone else. Without much thought I'd know what was kind and what was right, courteous and respectful; and whom I'm suppose to be the image and reflection of. For Christ followers it should be a no-brainer... We don't act or believe like the world.

In this day and age of political correctness and gender equality, my secular mind could come up with a laundry list of why not's. My Christian mind comes up with One reason as to why. As I was getting up, a little verbal "God bless you" wouldn't hurt either.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,280
  • Content Per Day:  1.24
  • Days Won:  2

It is the natural result of changing attitudes about men and women.  It is the result of feminism.

• Followers:  26
  • Topic Count:  35
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,734
  • Content Per Day:  2.78
  • Days Won:  21

7 hours ago, creativemechanic said:

I saw this post online. Tell me what you think.Screenshot_2020-01-13-22-51-29-1.png.b14f00108e5b980fe078e77f47ea6ee8.png

Coming from a southern girls perspective here, this picture is just sad. 

I'm also so not a feminist sooo LOL

Men should offer their seat to women, younger folks should offer their seats to older folks ... its just the way I was raised. 

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,280
  • Content Per Day:  1.24

3 minutes ago, Aimes said:

Coming from a southern girls perspective here, this picture is just sad. 

I'm also so not a feminist sooo LOL

Men should offer their seat to women, younger folks should offer their seats to older folks ... its just the way I was raised. 

Feminism has been a destructive force in our society, and men can't tell which women are traditional verses a GI Jane type.  If they are wearing a dress and a head covering you do, but other than that?

• Followers:  26
  • Topic Count:  35
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,734
  • Content Per Day:  2.78
  • Days Won:  21

4 minutes ago, Firm Foundation said:

Feminism has been a destructive force in our society, and men can't tell which women are traditional verses a GI Jane type.  If they are wearing a dress and a head covering you do, but other than that?

I'm not denying that it's probably difficult to tell the difference. I know I def don't wear a dress unless I'm forced to nor do I wear a head covering. To me, the seat thing is just common decency but again that's the way I was raised. 

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,990
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,688
  • Content Per Day:  11.83
  • Days Won:  226

8 hours ago, creativemechanic said:

I saw this post online. Tell me what you think.Screenshot_2020-01-13-22-51-29-1.png.b14f00108e5b980fe078e77f47ea6ee8.png

These men are not gentlemen. No respect for the female gender. 

8 hours ago, creativemechanic said:

Okay here is what I think. Really, it is hard to make a judgment called on a photo when you were not there to see the whole story. It could be that this "nice" women gave up her seat for a tired construction/factory worker who has been on his feet all day.  Maybe she works at a sit down job and is happy to be standing?  Or it maybe she dose not feel comfortable sitting where so many other people have set.   So I can't really say what this photo means. Cause I don't have the full story. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Well Said! 2

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  105
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,803
  • Content Per Day:  1.29

I don't think you can tell a doggone thing from the picture.  It's one-second shot.  What if it's a cultural thing where getting up for others just isn't done unless one is disabled.  What if the woman JUST that second walked up and grabbed the bar.  The doors are opened to the subway car, so the car is not in motion.  Some of their eyes are closed.  If she just walked up, maybe they haven't seen her.

What if she has been working all day sitting at a desk and one or two of these guys offered to let her sit down, but she wanted to stand for a while.

Wow, there are a lot of judgments made about the people in the picture!  

I'm a feminist - a first waver, not a 2nd and 3rd waver like these ill-informed and ill-behaved feminists today.  I don't have a problem with the people in the picture as I don't know just exactly what has happened.

Let me tell you a story.

I went to Texas A&M for post-graduate school.  The campus is massive!!  [You'd have to see it.] To get to classes from the parking lots, trolleys pick up students and professors at pick up points all across the campus.  It's a military school and there aren't a lot of females there.  The young men are trained to give up their seat on the trolleys to female students and professors.

That's fine.  No skin off my back either way.

One day, it was raining like you've never seen rain before.  Traffic in the town was slowed ergo, people were late getting parked.  Trolleys were slowed, ergo EVERYONE was late for class - and that's a big no-no at Texas A&M.

By the time I got onto the trolley, it was jammed packed and there were also 4-5 other females who got on when I did.  It was a madhouse and guys were trying to get up and give their seats to the gals, but where could they go?  It was that packed.

I just yelled, "Hey, we are all already late to class!!!  Let's just GO!"  And we did.  I didn't feel slighted for an instant that I had to stand.

Edited by Jayne