IGNORED

So what is the exact definition of righteousness?

JacquelineDeane55

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  951
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,556
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

2 minutes ago, Not me said:

Would one and one still be two if God didn’t exist?

Hi,

Obviously not, for there would be no existence of one  nor two, nor anything.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  512
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  3,187
  • Content Per Day:  1.44
  • Days Won:  1

4 minutes ago, Neighbor said:

Hi,

Obviously not, for there would be no existence of one  nor two, nor anything.

Interesting, so no truth is true, unless it is brought to manifestation. ???

Be blessed as you pursue Him, Not me

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  87
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,795
  • Content Per Day:  1.34
  • Days Won:  3

The exact definition of Righteousness .....Is JESUS.

"JESUS"

He is Righteousness.  There is no other, except for God,  (who is Jesus)....and those to whom God has given "the righteousness of Christ", as "The Gift of Salvation". (The Born Again).

But for most others, there is  their "self righteousness", and all this is, is trying to make yourself right with God, by your your self effort.

= That's an eternal FAIL !

There are 2 things you can't do.   1.) Save yourself.  2.) Keep yourself Saved

The student of the New Testament and the redeemed soul who is familiar with the Grace of God, understands that God does not accept YOUR Effort, to take you.

God only takes you because Christ's Righteousness has been Given to you , and now that you have THAT...(born again)..is WHY and only WHY God took you and keeps you.

The One who saved you, keeps you saved.

Many religious people play a game of self righteousness with themselves, and you read them here talking about all they are doing doing doing doing so that God will have them...

Thats not Grace.  Thats not Salvation.  Thats not how the Cross works.

God does not accept anyones effort to save them or keep them.  He wont have you because of what you do or will do, or have done......>He will only take you, based on what He has offered FOR YOU..

= Thats the Cross.  Thats Jesus on it.  Thats the Righteousness of Jesus.   That is a person who has become "the righteousness of GOD = IN CHRIST"......so, if you have THAT, then you belong to God.

If you are chasing God with your effort, and commandment keeping, and repenting, and confessing sin, and enduring to the end, to try to get God to take you............then go ahead and give up.

He won't.

NOT EVER.

God didn't die on a Cross, so that you can save yourself with your self righteous effort.

He's not kidding.

• Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,247
  • Content Per Day:  0.97

2 hours ago, Alive said:
3 hours ago, Justin Adams said:

It sure can, looking at all the scriptures concerning it can be numbing. So when I found that I am the righteousness of God in Christ, that was enough for me. Well enough already...

And there it is right there! For sons of God, we need look no further. It's just that simple. For we who are In Christ the only place for us to look for righteousness is our Lord. Any manifestation of 'righteousness' that occurs through us, has its origin in Christ and is in fact 'Christ'.  Never a separate thing apart from Him. If it is a separate thing than it is 'our righteousness'--which we know are as filthy rags.

Right?

With my understanding of scripture, I disagree.
The righteousness of man described as 'filthy rags' is God's comparison of the perfect righteousness of God.

For as by the one man’s disobedience the many were made sinners, so by the one man’s obedience the many will be made righteous.Romans 5:19
That does not negate man's righteousness.
When we say we are
'the righteousness of God in Christ', that is imputed righteousness, of God, resulting from faith/belief.
GOD says;

Little children, let no man deceive you: he that doeth righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous    1John 3, 7
You have to deal with God if you do not agree with His word.
God enables us, the word, truth and light, the holy spirit, is there at our disposal.
But each of us must decide, we all come to that point, to choose this day who we will serve.
Believer do unrighteousness (the wrong thing according to GOD'S standard) every day.
The world, the flesh, the devil, or God. Unrighteousness vs righteousness. YOU CHOOSE!
You're not a robot. Robots do not receive rewards, nor lay down crowns at the altar of God.
Good works are necessary! Say what? Not for salvation, but to fulfill the the urgent desire to please God.

“I am the vine, you are the branches. He who abides in Me, and I in him, bears much fruit; for without Me you can do nothing.
We can do no righteousness without abiding in Jesus, but we each must choose to abide.
When we choose to practice doing righteousness, bearing fruit, we glorify the Father!

By this my Father is glorified, that you  bear much fruit and so prove to be my disciples Jn, 15, 8

Abiding, choosing, deciding, are acts of the will, influenced by, enabled by, drawn by, Jesus Christ.
The one who decides to do the right thing, GOD calls a righteous man/woman.

Do not present your members to sin as instruments for unrighteousness,
but present yourselves to God as those who have been brought from death to life,
and
your members to God as instruments for righteousness. Romans 6:13

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,053
  • Content Per Day:  6.56
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  01/09/1956

I understand what you are saying here.

Let me ask a question.

Why did the Father find it necessary to impute (cause to be made ours) Christ's righteousness to us?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  512
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  3,187
  • Content Per Day:  1.44

2 hours ago, Alive said:

Why did the Father find it necessary to impute (cause to be made ours) Christ's righteousness to us?

Because there is only one righteousness, as there is only one goodness and one evil. And it is that goodness and righteousness we have been invited to not only live in, but walk in.

For righteousness and goodness is that that makes one free and God would have His beloved walk and live in true freedom for all eternity.

For as scripture says;

“he that sins is a slave of sin”

For this to be true, the opposite would also have to be true. Which is;

“in righteousness is true freedom to be found.” 

(Sorry to chime in, forgive if not welcome.)

In Christ, Not me 

17 minutes ago, DustyRoad said:

This question wasn't posed to me, brother, but I have an answer that I'd like to share. This was necessary because all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God (Romans 2:23); our own righteousness is like rags (Isaiah 64:6). 

But Jesus Christ is the One without sin or blame (1 Peter 2:22); God's Son fulfilled the Law and when the time came he bore the sins of us all. He was blameless but was numbered among the transgressors... (Isaiah 53)

He's our Redeemer. The Lord imputes His righteousness to us, who were once only fit for corruption and death. We're in Him now, hallelujah!

VEry most excellent! OK—so the second question.

We that are ‘In Christ’ when the Father looks at us, He sees the Righteousness of Christ that has been imputed to us.

You have described this. Now, can our own righteousness meet this metric? Even though we are born again?

• Praise God! 1

44 minutes ago, DustyRoad said:

Of course not, and we know why: we still have sin and any attempt to deny this is a lie (1 John 1:8) but the Lord is faithful to cleanse us of unrighteousness (verse 9)… once more imputing his righteousness to us, the blood-bought sons and daughters of God. Purchased by the blood of the Lamb... cleansed by His blood... forgiven of our sinfulness and rebellion... and kept hidden in Christ until that day when we'll shed this body of death for the incorruptible! (1 Cor. 15:54)

Praise the LOrd, brother! Is it so good to read the truth of the Gospel of Grace. I am encouraged.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  905
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,644
  • Content Per Day:  2.02
  • Days Won:  9

On 1/16/2020 at 4:42 PM, JacquelineDeane55 said:

I am wondering what that word actually means, righteousness could have a broad definition.

The exact definition of righteousness:

Jesus Christ.

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  951
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,556
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

19 hours ago, Not me said:

Interesting, so no truth is true, unless it is brought to manifestation. ???

Be blessed as you pursue Him, Not me

Truth is there would be nothing without God. Nothing to quibble about, no profound truths, there simply would be no existence, not even a void.