Sam Phillip Sr

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  87
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,795
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Days Won:  3

One time when  i was in Israel, God needed me to come back to the States, because someone who ive known for many years was in a bad situation.  They didnt tell me because they didnt want to worry me, etc...etc.

So, one morning early im reading the Psalms, and i happen to be reading a NT that i had loaned this person.  And....  While they had it, they had written notes in it, underlined scriptures...the usual.

Im reading a Psalm, and i noticed that at the bottom of the Page, they had written in a DATE... Like this... 08-32-1978.

I noticed this for some reason.   It "struck me" as odd.....and i have no idea about the date....or what its connected to....

5 hrs later, im taking my Wife to a clinic for a check-up, and i open the door for her, and i look back into the street for some reason and there is my friend's car sitting in front of the clinic, parked.

Same car they own, same year, same color, ...same car.   So, i step away from the Clinic, and go to the street, and now im  looking at this car and i notice the Tag on the Front.   It reads.   "08321978".

Its the same DATE i just read in the Psalms, 5 hrs ago., on this persons same CAR., and they are 5000 miles away.

I go into the clinic, and i have to get a ticket for my wife so that she can use the Pharmacy.  This ticket is your number in line.   I look at the ticket and its the Psalm's number i was reading that morning.

I flew back to the STATES, as my friend was in trouble.  And God did all that....

God is good, all the time.

-------------------------------

Keep your eyes open and stay close to Him, and He'll show you things you would have never ever seen....

Take a stand for The Grace Of God, Lift up Jesus on the Cross, and don't ever stop.

If you'll do that, then you'll be doing exactly what God is doing, right now.

If you oppose that, then God will oppose you.

Edited by Behold
  • Praise God! 1

55 minutes ago, DustyRoad said:

I lost the sensations of hunger and thirst. I wasted away into skin and bones, losing over 30% of my body weight. 
My mouth was filled with abscesses, the result of bad dental work performed 6 years previously. The pain was excruciating.
I stopped taking blood pressure medication so my BP was out of control. I have stage 4 hypertension.
I rarely slept, sitting rigidly in a chair for hours on end in a catatonic state. 
I pushed myself mercilessly thereby creating my own personalized concentration camp... during daylight I'd go outside and force myself to perform heavy labor. I don't know how I pulled that off for so long since standing in the sunshine for more than a few minutes made me physically ill.
I'd wake up vomiting whenever I did manage to pass out for a few hours (usually in that chair). 

This happened over the course of two years, @Melinda12. The day arrived when I realized I couldn't bear another moment of hell on Earth; dying the slow way isn't fun, believe me. I decided to speed things along so I placed the muzzle of a .45 sidearm against my head and pulled the trigger, but the bullet didn't fire. The Lord came to me instead... and He started speaking. But how... why? I was so confused!

I was shocked senseless. I was in such horrid shape that it took another two years to recover from my brush with death, Melinda. That period of recovery was Christ's first promise to me... I would live and not die... but that wasn't all Jesus Christ promised to me. The Lord raised me up and sent His Spirit to dwell with me (that happened a little over 7 months now).

My apologies since that wasn't so brief, sister.     

Hi Dustyroad

That is awesomely inspiring, thankyou so much for sharing it. I hope you are feeling much better now. Once you know Lord Jesus is with you, everything changes from the inside of us outwards. The Holy Spirit is our greatest comforter. Jesus heals. I wish every person on earth understood. I am thankful you and i do. 

Peace be with you, continue in your healing. X 

2 hours ago, johnthebaptist said:

The Lord has been solving my problems for many years. That is to say, I've been listening to him for many years, and he always solves my problems. Would you call that a miracle?

Yes! Me too. I pray about all my worries snd am continuously amazed and gratefully surprised at the solutions. Usually very different from my own feeble attempts. How good it is to know we are not alone - just that one fact is amazing. So many people lost, so much needless human misery around us because of lonely quiet despair instead of strength and joy. 

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  40
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

Yes, many miracles. 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,979
  • Content Per Day:  1.00
  • Days Won:  1

Thank you brother for sharing this with us, ...I know "why," like you, ...we tend to hesitate to tell what Father has "done" in and with our lives, ...it's because  we "know" it's ALL of and from Him, ...and we feel so "impotent" to try and an explain it in a way so as to not draw "attention" to ourselves, ...all the Glory goes to God, ...He is always, and will be forever, ...the initiator and we are the respondents, ...the "key" to seeing God move in our lives is to "be" a follower of Jesus, ...so many want to either lead Jesus, "Lord, I have faith, so you must do this!" or "Okay Lord, give it to me and I'll do it in my own strength and my own way!" 

The "miracles" have been given too much attention today, ...think about it, ...whenever God "works" it a "miracle," ...because He is God and everything He does is "miraculous," ...so when we are "following" Jesus, we are just watching God do His every day supernatural, to us, ...thing!

Folks, the way to "see" God bless you the way Dusty and I have been blessed (and many others here at Worthy who chose to remain silent) is to "obey" what He has put in our hearts to do, ...for Dusty it was to go and take care of this woman, ...for me it was to lose my life and come here, ...maybe you say, "but God hasn't placed anything in my heart to obey and step out in faith and do," ...no worries, ...because God is Omniscience, ...He knows every detail of our lives from the moment of conception to the last breath we take before passing through that door to the other side, ...in His timing, ...maybe for someone reading this it will be today, ...I remember the adds in the Sunday newspaper from Compassion International for children and thinking in my heart, "If there was only some way I could help," and that was before I was born again, ...then after I was born again a missionary came to our church and showed us pictures of children living in squalor and thinking  in my new heart, "I would like to be a missionary and go and help children."

And here I am, in the middle of the South Pacific Ocean, ...married to a born again Tahitian "Vahine" who prayed for an American husband that played an instrument and loved working with children,   unashamedly living with them in their squalor and being able to bless them and teach them about Jesus.

The only question is, ...How BIG is "your" God?

To GOD be the GLORY, Great things HE has done!!! 

Lord bless  

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  277
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/23/1967

I have seen God act in my life many times in various ways...but I don't know that I have ever seen what I would call an honest to goodness "miracle." I think we often use the word "miracle" more loosely than we should.  God does many amazing and awesome things daily, but just because He is the One who does these things does not necessarily mean they are miracles.

Is a sunrise a miracle? No.
The birth of a baby? No.
A tornado turning at the last second...just missing your house? Likely not.

While all of these things are "miraculous" in a sense, they are not actual miracles because they are things God does quite often. How many of us can testify about times our well being, even our lives were saved in close calls we can't wrap our heads around?  Most of us I'm guessing...so this is a work of God or an angel, which is ultimately still a work of God, but not an actual "miracle." It is an event that is quite common...much like parents steering their child away from danger. It is indeed the Hand of God and we should give thanks whenever we see Him at work...but I think a miracle is something extra-ordinary.

The parting of the Red Sea.
The earth standing still.
A water-soaked altar bursting into flames.
A donkey speaking.

There may be exceptions in Scripture, but whenever God did a miracle everyone who witnessed it instantly knew it was God (or the most powerful god in some polytheistic cases) who had done it....even those who denied God's existence. There was often a reaction of overwhelming fear on the part of witnesses. .or absolute awe depending on whether one is in or out of favor with God.

While God deserves the Glory for all things...common or not...I think miracles are extremely rare. They are reserved for special purposes.

On 1/17/2020 at 1:03 AM, ayin jade said:

Then a loud audible authoritative voice  said in my left ear "drive off the road."

Wow!  I imagine that had an incredibly profound impact on you.  Were you as devout then as you are now?  By the way, are you of native-American descent?  

On 1/19/2020 at 6:40 AM, DustyRoad said:

...a man who isn't worthy of crumbs from His table. :)  

That would describe me as well.  God bless you my brother.  

I can't say that I've witnessed a miracle but, one time many years ago, my car broke down in a really BAD part of an urban area.  The radiator was overheated and was steaming as I looked under the hood at it moments later.  Right then, a car pulled up and a guy got out and said he was a mechanic and asked if I needed help.  Long story short, he came up with a short-term fix to get me out of there for which I offered him a paltry $20 (1993?) for helping me, which he accepted and which was the best $20 I ever spent.  

On 1/17/2020 at 12:45 PM, DustyRoad said:

Amen, brother. The lady --- she's the woman I came out here to protect --- witnessed my slow decline, an experience which wounded her deeply. I only placed the muzzle of a gun against my head because I was completely spent... there was nothing I could do for her, her dogs, or the livestock. I was useless and too weak to stand upright.

That day was so excruciating! Two of these wonderful dogs refused to leave my side --- commanding them to go and resorting to screaming had no effect --- and because I was too weak to walk very far they became witnesses of my suicide attempt and ultimately, the astonishing work of the Lord. The lady was 2 hours away in the city so it was my chance to do it without anyone around to hear the gunshot.  

That wasn't my first go at suicide. I was eleven when I tried it the first time; botched attempts over the years led up to that one over 2 years ago today. In fact, this coming March will mark three years since that day our Father in heaven spared my life. He delivered me into the hand of His Son, Jesus Christ. 

I don't mind sharing the following since I'm certain I've never revealed this to anyone else before: the lady is autistic like I am. Six days before I was born into this world she gave birth to her first child, a son, who was taken away and put up for adoption. She nearly died during delivery... she had to receive blood in order to make it out alive. She was seventeen years old and being held in an institution for "delinquent minors" at the time.

I presently lack the words to describe what the Lord has done up here... so here's another pathetic stab at it.

I came here to protect the lady's life, a woman who was abandoned by her own children and family to die in this wilderness.
I started losing my own life until the Lord intervened... so not only did the lady watch me slowly die, she watched me inexplicably come back to life. 
My birth in Spirit coincided with her failing health and cancer diagnosis. 

The Lord raised me up to be the family she needs. I'm still fumbling to describe this!

Wow.  God bless you.