• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  39,879
  • Topics Per Day:  6.49
  • Content Count:  44,084
  • Content Per Day:  7.18
  • Days Won:  2

Worthy News Brief - January 17, 2020

Friend, be a hearer and a doer!

Matthew 12:46-50 While he yet talked to the people, behold, his mother and his brothers stood outside, desiring to speak with him. Then one said unto him, Behold, your mother and your brothers stand outside, desiring to speak with you. But he answered and said unto him that told him, Who is my mother? and who are my brothers? And he stretched forth his hand toward his disciples, and said, Behold my mother and my brothers! For whosoever shall do the will of my Father who is in heaven, the same is my brother, and sister, and mother.

Luke 8:19-21 Then came to him his mother and his brothers, and could not reach him for the crowd. And it was told him by some who said, Your mother and your brothers stand outside, desiring to see you. And he answered and said unto them, My mother and my brothers are these who hear the word of God, and do it.

As I continue this series of devotionals on "understanding the will of God", I'd like to talk about a story which is told in all the synoptic gospels, except that Luke's account gives a significant nuance. (Many skeptical Bible "critics" point out differences in the gospels to argue that they can't be reliable -- yet it's actually the differences which support the validity of these accounts because they reveal that the events recorded were simply experienced and told from slightly different viewpoints, a very common circumstance when people are telling a story.)

The gospels of Matthew and Mark give an account of the Lord's mother and brothers arriving to see Him, and wanting to speak with Him, though they were hindered because there were so many people around Him. Yeshua (Jesus) takes this opportunity to define a broad new "family" principle when He says, "... whoever does the will of my Father in heaven is my brother and sister and mother." But Luke's account adds something, "those who hear the word of God and do it!"

The word of God is going out across the whole world, and many are hearing it. Those who are acting on what it says are defined as the true family of Yeshua!

Friend, here, then, is another simple approach to living in the will of God. Read His Word -- and don't be a hearer only -- but be a doer, one who acts according to what he hears or reads. If you do, you reveal that you are a close relative of the Son of God, and that's a relationship better than any other in the world!

Your family in the Lord with much agape love,

George, Baht Rivka, Elianna & Obadiah
Tucson, Arizona

Editor's Note: We'll be speaking in Nevada this weekend! Check out our calendar for our upcoming speaking engagements. If you would like us to minister at your congregation, home fellowship, or Israel focused event, be sure to let us know ASAP. You can send an email to george [ @ ] worthyministries.com for more information. 

Editor's Note: Looking for the best holiday gift EVER for the person who has everything??? How about a LIFE ALTERING trip to ISRAEL?! Join us (George and Baht Rivka Whitten of Worthy Ministries) as we will be your personal hosts through the Holy Land! Together we will experience amazing historical and biblical sites, relax at the Dead Sea Spa, enjoy all the delicious cuisine of the Middle East, join in power packed worship and solid teaching, participate in hands-on ministry, meet Israelis and Holocaust Survivors, an outreach concert, a special Yemenite lunch, tasting at Jerusalem’s outdoor food market, camel rides, Bedouin hospitality, Shabbat dinner at our home, a baptism at the Jordan River, sunset Galilee boat ride, and loads more!! Experience Real Israel with us— you don’t want to miss this!! We have limited spaces available. For more information, visit Worthy Israel Tours or send an email to george [ @ ] worthyministries.com.

Editor's Note: If you have a prayer request, or if you'd be interested in becoming an intercessor, be sure to visit the Worthy Prayer Team!

Friend, if our ministry has blessed you, consider supporting our work online and in Israel! Thank you for your prayers and gifts! Together, we are making a difference for the Kingdom!
Around the World
Putin fast-tracks effort to extend his rule in Russia
President Vladimir Putin on Thursday fast-tracked work on constitutional changes that could keep him in power well past the end of his term in 2024 while lawmakers quickly sealed his choice for new prime minister.
Iran's Rouhani says 'no limit' to uranium enrichment, producing more than before Obama-era deal
A defiant Iranian President Hassan Rouhani boasted Thursday that there is 'no limit' to his country’s level of uranium enrichment -- just days after European powers raised concerns about the Islamic Republic backing away from a 2015 nuclear deal.
US threatens tariffs on Europeans unless Iran nuke deal scrapped
Iran accused European governments Thursday of sacrificing a troubled 2015 nuclear deal to avoid trade reprisals from US President Donald Trump, who has spent nearly two years trying to scupper the agreement.
Almost 40% of the world’s countries will witness civil unrest in 2020, research claims
Almost a quarter of the world’s countries witnessed a surge in protest and unrest last year and that figure is set to rise further in 2020, according to a new study.
Pentagon reveals 11 US troops were wounded in Iranian ballistic missile attack on Iraq bases
The Pentagon has revealed that 11 U.S. service members received treatment for concussions from an Iranian missile strike on Jan. 8.

Israel-Palestinian Conflict
IDF strikes Hamas in Gaza in response to explosive balloons from Strip
Israeli aircraft attacked targets in the northern Gaza Strip on Thursday for the second day in a row, as tensions rose on the volatile border.
Israeli team develops 'anti-diabetes drug'
A new drug being developed in Israel could be the answer to treating the main cause of Type 2 Diabetes, insulin resistance.

Inside the United States
Senate approves Trump's rewrite of North American trade deal
The Senate approved President Trump’s rewrite of the North American trade deal Thursday, handing him a second trade victory in as many days while he fights to remain in office.
Trump issues new rule ensuring prayer in schools is protected
President Trump issued updated rules on Thursday to ensure that public school students are allowed to engage in constitutionally protected prayer, calling his action 'the Right to Pray.'
Planned Parenthood launches $45M campaign for 2020 Democrats
Planned Parenthood is launching a new $45 million campaign to support Democrats in the 2020 elections, the organization's most expensive campaign push in its history.
‘Assault on the Second Amendment’: Virginia Senate passes three gun control bills
Virginia Democrats took an important step toward passing several gun control bills they have prioritized during this year's General Assembly session.
Trump removes faith-based groups from legal purgatory
The White House did it again on Thursday by proposing two administrative rule changes to stop government from discriminating against faith-based people and institutions. Both proposals are necessary and well reasoned.
Media label Tennessee religious liberty bill as 'anti-gay'
For most major news organizations, accuracy often takes a back seat to ideology, which is why groups such as the Associated Press are mischaracterizing Tennessee’s new religious liberty bill as 'anti-gay.'

Christian News
Dozens of Christians killed in 'systematic' Muslim Fulani raids in Nigeria
A mother and six-month-old baby were among those kidnapped in Nigeria in raids by Muslim Fulani herders that began Jan. 6 and saw 35 casualties.

Letters to the Editor

Editor's Note
If you would like to submit a note to the editor, simply hit reply. Be sure to add your name and location!

We're looking for intercessors to pray for our ministry online and in Israel. If you're interested, please send an email to george [@] worthyministries.com.

Friend, help spread WORTHY BRIEFS, now reaching 126 countries daily! Forward this brief to a friend!

IMPORTANT NOTE: To ensure delivery of your Worthy Brief please add worthynewsbrief [@] worthynetwork.com to your address book or approved senders list.

If you're having problems receiving your Worthy Brief, click here!

Follow Us on Facebook
Worthy News
Worthy Devotions
George Whitten
Lazman Hazeh Music

Support our Ministry
Friend, if our ministry has blessed you, consider supporting Worthy Network with a tax-deductible gift! You can give online OR send gifts to:

Worthy Ministries
106 Sheffield Place
Franklin, TN 37067-4437

Please include your email address in the memo section of your check or money order so we can keep in touch a bit easier than sending mail overseas.

This email was sent to <<Email Address>>

unsubscribe from this list | Update Subscription Preferences

Worthy News · 106 Sheffield Place · Franklin, TN 37067-4437 · USA