Frank Goad

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  37
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  55
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0

I am talking completely hypothetically here but: What if you opened up the bible and when you opened up the bible to read about the afterlife stuff it said when you die your mind body and soul cease to exist forever and ever and that WAS the afterlife.Would you still follow jesus?I would!:)

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  136
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  2,488
  • Content Per Day:  1.43

Just now, Frank Goad said:

I am talking completely hypothetically here but: What if you opened up the bible and when you opened up the bible to read about the afterlife stuff it said when you die your mind body and soul cease to exist forever and ever and that WAS the afterlife.Would you still follow jesus?I would!

I Just randomly opened up the Bible to this chapter... it applies here. :amen:

Now if Christ be preached that he rose from the dead, how say some among you that there is no resurrection of the dead? But if there be no resurrection of the dead, then is Christ not risen: And if Christ be not risen, then is our preaching vain, and your faith is also vain. (1 Cor. 15:12-14)

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,784
  • Content Per Day:  6.23
  • Days Won:  58

Following Jesus isnt about..shouldnt be about..doing so to get something in return. Following Jesus is about surrendering oneself to the One who deserves all worship, all devotion.

Wise @Omegaman 3.0 once said that even if he was sent to hell he would believe and give himself to the Lord. Because he deserves our worship. That is faith.

My apologies to mega for butchering his words. I cant recall the exact quote lol

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

3 hours ago, Frank Goad said:

I am talking completely hypothetically here but: What if you opened up the bible and when you opened up the bible to read about the afterlife stuff it said when you die your mind body and soul cease to exist forever and ever and that WAS the afterlife.Would you still follow jesus?I would!:)

But.....that is not what the Bible says so my eyes and brain will not digest that fact. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.94
  • Days Won:  3

3 hours ago, Frank Goad said:

I follow Jesus because I live a better life in the world for doing so.   My life is richer and fuller because Jesus is in it. He is my only comfort and peace. I can call on him in the darkest of places and he hears me.  Its not just what happens to me when I die. It is about what my life is while I am still alive. 

• Loved it! 2
  • Well Said! 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Followers:  39
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  24,420
  • Content Per Day:  5.74
  • Days Won:  158
  • Birthday:  01/30/1985

4 hours ago, Frank Goad said:

This type of question is one of the many I have been pondering. You might as well ask if knowing where you will end up plays a role in how you worship God?  I am not going to answer this question right now but I do think it is worth considering. 

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.42
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

44 minutes ago, ayin jade said:

@Omegaman 3.0 once said that even if he was sent to hell he would believe and give himself to the Lord. Because he deserves our worship. That is faith.

I think what I said was along the lines of "Lord, even if you were to let me know in no uncertain terms that I was going to Hell and nothing I could do would change that, I would still worship you and tell people about you, just because you deserve it and it is the right thing to do!"

No, I agree that displays a measure of faith, but I think that I need to point out, that faith is not something I generated from myself, I believe God gives faith to people, and at that moment, He gave it to me right at a moment of doubt. I did not doubt God at that time, I don't think I have doubted God since the moment of surrender to Him over 40 years ago. The doubt that I had that day, was doubt in my own salvation, which had dogged me my whole Christian life to the point, because of my failure to live up to God's standards. I was wearing of waiting for God to fix me, wondering if it was my job to obey, or His job to change me, either way, it did not seem to be happening.

When I made that prayer, I also received assurance of my salvation in what I believe was one of only four time that I have heard the voice of God in my life time. The result of that, is that I have never doubted my salvation since (that was in the early 1990's) and my current understanding the question of "who job is it, mine or God's to fix me, I would say that it is God's job to change my nature, and my job to be obedient and live up what He has called me to. I am being sanctified, but I will not be fully sanctified until Jesus visible coming. As I strain toward the finish line to receive the prize, there is God inspired effort, and He helps me with perseverance, and resisting temptation, etc. all the wonderful things He has promised.

And I am sure of this, that he who began a good work in you will bring it to completion at the day of Jesus Christ. Phil 1:6

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4,361
  • Content Per Day:  2.35
  • Birthday:  02/03/1953

On 1/17/2020 at 7:08 AM, Frank Goad said:

The reason God is God is that he is great, and part of his greatness is that we will live in paradise forever. The Jesus you describe isn't the Jesus I know. I could only follow the real Jesus.