IGNORED

What percentage of people do you believe get saved by Jesus?

Guest K9Buck

I have difficulty believing that Jesus would allow any of his flock to be lost.  I'm going to take a guess that 100% of human beings are saved by Jesus.  Of course, I might be completely wrong.  

What's your thought?  

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.92
  • Days Won:  5

1 hour ago, K9Buck said:

I have difficulty believing that Jesus would allow any of his flock to be lost.  I'm going to take a guess that 100% of human beings are saved by Jesus.  Of course, I might be completely wrong.  

What's your thought?  

100% of human beings COULD be saved....Jesus paid the sin debt for ALL of the them...it is up to the individual to “ cash in” on what Jesus has already done..... one cashes in by turning to God as a lost sinner and Trusting in His Son to Save them.....God has promised to “ save to the UTTERMOST” all that do this act of Faith....

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  398
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  0

The Bible teaches that there is only one way to serve God and not that many will find it: Matthew 7:13, 14 says: “Go in through the narrow gate; because broad and spacious is the road leading off into destruction, and many are the ones going in through it; whereas narrow is the gate and cramped the road leading off into life, and few are the ones finding it.

Additionally, it is important to remember that only eight souls survived the Flood.  Who knows how many humans were alive at that time, but humankind had existed for about 1,700 years, so the total population of the earth could have been in the hundreds of thousands or even low millions.  As a percentage, 8 out of that number was very small.

Additionally, it is important to remember that God used only one nation as his chosen people.  So if Israel had a couple of million people out of a world population of say, a few hundred million, what is that in a percentage?

One could go on and on, but the reality is that a small number of individuals historically have been “saved,” and if that pattern continues, then you would have your answer.

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,795
  • Content Per Day:  0.65
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/26/1952

Based on what Jesus said, as well as what I can see in reality, it's only a small percentage of each generation that will make it into Heaven. There are many, many people who start on the road to Heaven but few go all the way. This reminds me of the parable of the sower. Many seeds are scattered about but very few take root and grow into maturity. This happens with people too.

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4,361
  • Content Per Day:  2.35
  • Birthday:  02/03/1953

12 hours ago, K9Buck said:

What's your thought?  

As long as we sin, we will suffer. But who is dumb enough to let that happen forever? I would guess everyone eventually repents. Just a guess.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Topic Count:  940
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,412
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

..." All that the Father gives me will come to me, and whoever comes to me I will never cast out.  For I have come down from heaven, not to do my own will but the will of him who sent me.  And this is the will of him who sent me, that I should lose nothing of all that he has given me, but raise it up on the last day.  For this is the will of my Father, that everyone who looks on the Son and believes in him should have eternal life, and I will raise him up on the last day.”....

..."Likewise the Spirit helps us in our weakness. For we do not know what to pray for as we ought, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groanings too deep for words.  And he who searches hearts knows what is the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for the saints according to the will of God.  And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose.  For those whom he foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to the image of his Son, in order that he might be the firstborn among many brothers. And those whom he predestined he also called, and those whom he called he also justified, and those whom he justified he also glorified."....

..."

Who shall bring any charge against God's elect? It is God who justifies.  Who is to condemn? Christ Jesus is the one who died—more than that, who was raised—who is at the right hand of God, who indeed is interceding for us. Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or danger, or sword?  As it is written,

“For your sake we are being killed all the day long;
    we are regarded as sheep to be slaughtered.”

No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us.  For I am sure that neither death nor life, nor angels nor rulers, nor things present nor things to come, nor powers, 39 nor height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord."....

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Topic Count:  940
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,412
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

Hi, I have to suggest that God has provided so much information within the Bible that no Christian having the Holy Spirit indwelling  need  be guessing! 

All individuals suffer, all sin, and not all repent of their sins against God, nor are all individuals saved to eternal life with God. Plus Jesus loses not a one of those given to Him By His Father. He is the Good Shepherd.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  219
  • Content Per Day:  0.13

If we are talking of the whole world, about 1-5%.

Acts13v48  Now when the Gentiles heard this, they were glad and glorified the word of the Lord. And as many as had been appointed to eternal life believed.

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.92
  • Days Won:  5

3 hours ago, Margo1945 said:

.. if we do not believe and obey, we do not love God and He will not dwell in us where He is not loved and wanted and we shall become spiritually dead and if we don't turn back to God and HIS Will, we shall remain spiritually dead and never to be in Heaven for eternity .. 1 John 3:23 and John 14:15-24 are ongoing COMMANDS/LAWS/RULES/WILL/WORDS of God and neither are negated .. so, do as God commanded in those scriptures and others and "endure in faith" and "endure in actively loving" or die spiritually .. ALL is for nought if "love" is absent

All of this may sound great....unfortunately it is not Biblical.....I hate to simplify what some have made so complicated, but if you simply REST in the Gospel , one of those “ COMMANDS/LAWS/RULES/WILL/WORDS” that always seems to be conveniently omitted by those who preach legalism and Command/Rule-Keeping For Salvation, everything else will take care of itself. It will be so natural,one may not even notice that they are living a life that pleases God .It flies in the face of everything you may have been told, but obeying God is fun and exiting, not a worrisome burden where in the back of your mind , you always have to worry about your Performance and if you are “ enduring” enough.Stop worrying.Stop Trying.Start Trusting.Focus On RESTING and step back and watch God Work THROUGH you. It’s the END GOAL of Christianity.

• Well Said! 1