• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,053
  • Content Per Day:  6.66
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  01/09/1956

I have been looking into this some after listening to Bill Salus and now I am reading one of the three books I purchased dealing with Psalm 83.

I confess once again, that end time prophesy is not my thing, but have lately begun to look more closely. We may be very close to these events.

Anyway, it does seem to me that the events portrayed in Psalm 83 are very distinct from the Eze. 38-39 events and given the players involved--is likely to happen before Ezekiel and possibly very soon.

However, it doesn't seem to me that the IDF is powerful enough at this time to accomplish what is written in Psalm 83.

What say you folks?

Edited by Alive

• Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  265
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,130
  • Content Per Day:  3.50
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

8 hours ago, Alive said:

I have been looking into this some after listening to Bill Salus and now I am reading one of the three books I purchased dealing with Psalm 83.

I confess once again, that end time prophesy is not my thing, but have lately begun to look more closely. We may be very close to these events.

Anyway, it does seem to me that the events portrayed in Psalm 83 are very distinct from the Eze. 38-39 events and given the players involved--is likely to happen before Ezekiel and possibly very soon.

However, it doesn't seem to me that the IDF is powerful enough at this time to accomplish what is written in Psalm 83.

What say you folks?

Hi Alive,

I would love to give you my thoughts. -

Speaking three weeks after the war ended, as he accepted an honorary degree from Hebrew University, Yitzhak Rabin gave his reasoning behind the success of Israel:

`Our airmen, who struck the enemies' planes so accurately that no one in the world understands how it was done and people seek technological explanations or secret weapons; our armored troops who beat the enemy even when their equipment was inferior to his; our soldiers in all other branches... who overcame our enemies everywhere, despite the latter's superior numbers and fortifications-all these revealed not only coolness and courage in the battle but...an understanding that only their personal stand against the greatest dangers would achieve victory for their country and for their families, and that if victory was not theirs the alternative was annihilation.`

Within six days, Israel had won a decisive land war. Israeli forces had taken control of the Gaza Strip and the Sinai Peninsula from Egypt, the West Bank and East Jerusalem from Jordan, and the Golan Heights from Syria.

Psalm 83.

V. 1 - 5 We see the enemies of God & Israel are conspiring together saying `Come let us wipe them out as a nation.`

In 1967 different countries around Israel took counsel together with one accord to destroy Israel from being a nation. For the first time in history these countries forgot their differences. They formed a confederacy to declare a `Jehud` - holy war to wipe the name of Israel from remembrance. These actual words were frequently broadcast over Radio Cairo & published in world newspapers. Unknowingly they were practically quoting directly from prophecy given 25 centuries ago. (Ps. 83: 4)

V. 6 - 8 Even the participants were accurately delineated - under ancient names.

ANCIENT NAME.....................MODERN NAME

Edom, Moab, Ammon................Jordan
Hagarenes, Amalek, Philistines...Egypt
Ishmaelites......................Arabia
Gebal, Tyre......................Lebanon
Assyria..........................Syria, Iraq

V. 9 - 18 And what was the outcome?

`Fill their faces with dishonour,....let them be ashamed & dismayed...let them be humiliated.....` (V. 16 & 17)

Israel  AGAINST

OTHERS - Egypt, Syria, Jordan, Iraq & Lebanon, (supported by Algeria, Kuwait, Libya, Morocco, Pakistan, PLO, Sudan, & Tunisia)

Their Strength.

Israel - 264,000 troops, 300 aircraft, 800 tanks.

The Others - 547,000 troops 957 aircraft, 2,504 tanks.

With those numbers and the war over in 6 days I would say the `Others` would be very embarrassed & ashamed. (as scripture tells us)

Are you opining that 1967 was Psalm 83?

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Alive said:

Are you opining that 1967 was Psalm 83?

Yes, Alive, that is what I believe. Sorry I didn`t put the date in, and glad you remembered.

4 minutes ago, Marilyn C said:

Yes, Alive, that is what I believe. Sorry I didn`t put the date in, and glad you remembered.

Is it possible that 48, 67, etc. are events leading up to Psalm 83?

It seems to me that Israel hasn't taken back that Land yet...only a portion.

• Well Said! 1

29 minutes ago, Alive said:

Is it possible that 48, 67, etc. are events leading up to Psalm 83?

It seems to me that Israel hasn't taken back that Land yet...only a portion.

Hi Alive,

I do not see in Ps. 83 that Israel had to take back all the land. Do you see that?

Two things---when I look at verses 9-12 for instance, I see more happening,

I also still see in contemporary Israel those peoples still harassing Israel and not perished.

However, I am as a child in these things.

31 minutes ago, Alive said:

Two things---when I look at verses 9-12 for instance, I see more happening,

I also still see in contemporary Israel those peoples still harassing Israel and not perished.

However, I am as a child in these things.

Hi Alive,

Good questions and we are all learning and discussing.

V. 9 - 18 And what was the outcome?

`Fill their faces with dishonour,....let them be ashamed & dismayed...let them be humiliated.....` (V. 16 & 17)

And the final fulfilment will be at Armageddon. God often writes a part then jumps to the end. See Isa. 61: 2 `To proclaim the acceptable year of the Lord and the day of vengeance of the Lord.`  The first part Jesus said was fulfilled when He was speaking in the synagogue (Luke 4: 16 - 19) while the second part will not be till the Day of the Lord.

Hi Alive,

You may be interested to know this important detail. I did write it before but it is important to note.

They took counsel together with one accord to destroy Israel from being a nation. For the first time in history these countries forgot their differences. They formed a confederacy to declare a "Jehud" -a Holy War to wipe even the name of Israel from remembrance. These actual words were frequently broadcast over Radio Cairo: and published in world newspapers. Unknowingly they were practically quoting directly from a prophecy given 25 centuries ago. (Psalm 83). Even the participants were accurately delineated - under their ancient names;-

• Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,204
  • Content Per Day:  3.35
  • Days Won:  30

47 minutes ago, Marilyn C said:

Hi Alive,

I do not see in Ps. 83 that Israel had to take back all the land. Do you see that?

Israel has never occupied all of the Promised Land that God gave her.  Some is promises yet to be fulfilled.

• Thumbs Up 2