Hated Apostle

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

I wanted to open a discussion on this video. This guy seems to put up a pretty good defense against Eternal Security. Thoughts?

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

1 hour ago, Hated Apostle said:

I wanted to open a discussion on this video. This guy seems to put up a pretty good defense against Eternal Security. Thoughts?

What are you wanting to discuss exactly? The topic, or the video? In short, the topic is quite exhaustively, discussed in the Theology/Sotereology section of the forum, and that is where the topic should be limited to. On the video, no I don't think the guy did bring up much that was interesting. I am glad he is not representing me (not even for a parking ticket) since he did a poor job. Examples are that the tries to respond to a video in his video, where he accuses the other person of missing the context, claiming the context is circumcision, while missing the context of what the apostle is saying while using circumcision as examples - because is is faith that was being addressed whether or not it is for the circumcised of uncircumcised, it is still faith that matters.

Then he goes on to say that "faith in the Greek" includes obedience. I don't think I am reaching to guess that he has not taking even a semester of Biblical Greek, and I doubt he has read much about it either, certainly not Stong's, Vine's, Thayer's, Mounce, or the BAGD. Maybe he heard a pastor talk about it once when the pastor was saying that in the Bible, faith for salvation includes obedience, that argument can be made, just not from the definition of the Greek for the word faith, as it sounds like he is implying.

Now, likely this thread here will distract people and lead to arguments etc, because many here cannot help themselves on the topic. That is why the Soteriology topic was created in the first place, because some here have dedicated themselves to creating controversy and division. That is probably not there heart's motivation, but that is the outcome of what they do, never the less.

For that reason, while I am approving this video here, so that the ideas are available for discussing in the Soteriology area, I will shortly lock this thread before it gets out of control, and degrades in the typical trash talking, etc.

Some here at Worthy, who likely know who they are, if they choose to post their typical substance and style, will find there posts deleted here, and as I said, I am going to lock this thread shortly anyway.

To the O.P.: If you really want to discuss this, start a thread in Soteriology or make a post there mentioning this video, and you and make a link here to that post, so people may discuss the video or it's content there. Don't delay, the clock is ticking!