IGNORED

Is your participation in this community about YOU or is it about...

Guest K9Buck

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.93
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

Is your participation in this community about YOU or is it about...

38 minutes ago, K9Buck said:

...becoming closer to God and helping others to do the same?  

Hi Buck, 

I think that's a vital question to submit to the forum. Here at WCF the mission is to bring the gospel of Jesus Christ to the world. This also is an outreach for those who are of the Jewish faith, and bringing the Good News once again to the House of Israel, so they also might come to a saving knowledge of their Messiah. 

Now, Worthy is well designed with a myriad of topics that would pertain to various interests also. Of course, these are heavy times in what I personally feel are the last days. And certain issues can get rather serious. Sometimes extremely so. Occasional discussions can get a little heated from time to time. These things happen.  

That being, some expected comic relief is necessary, and a thread may take a humorous turn of events. I think that's great. I love humor! And you'll find it all throughout certain topics. There's certainly nothing wrong with that at all. But, for the sake of having a "humor-only" topic Worthy has a proper place for that. 

It's perfect. And you could spend all day there cracking jokes among one another. It's really funny, I've both read and participated in them now and again. Sometimes a lot. It just depends on one's mood. Still, the main goal is to reach the lost, and help those that are in need of encouragement. That's so important in our world.

Some members care about that and some perhaps not so much. It depends, and it's fairly easy to spot those who are really desiring to reach out to others. I'm serious about God. I wanna see people saved and struggling believers lifted up. You'll see me making light of issues on occasion. But we should remain balanced in all things. 

Shalom, 

David/BeauJangles 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Brilliant! 1
  • Well Said! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  595
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,029
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

1 hour ago, K9Buck said:

I was sent here for what seems like an eternity ago to help several people over the years....    I've gotten frustrated with the place and attempted to leave several times, but so far each time the Lord has said no you can't leave....    so I know I didn't come here for me....   and I have to assume I'm not here for me now considering I'd like to not spend so much time here but also seem to be driven to do so....  

Like I have said for years, if George ever decides to run me off from here he should send my wife his address for I just know she'd send him flowers as a thank you...

• Loved it! 2
  • Well Said! 1

• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  1,192
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  7,264
  • Content Per Day:  1.19
  • Days Won:  194

4 hours ago, K9Buck said:

:amen:That's exactly what it is about.

@BeauJangles

3 hours ago, BeauJangles said:

But we should remain balanced in all things. 

:thumbsup:Absolutely! Balance is vital. It is too often the missing link in threads. You explained things well. I adhere to your perspective. Thanks for this much needed post.

• Well Said! 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  25
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  532
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/10/1972

All of the circumstances in our lives that have brought us here, including me reading your post just now, is all done in His timing.  I have come to believe this more and more over the past several months that I have been on Worthy.  

It may be about "you" in that it is meant to be what God is intending for you, but it is most certainly about becoming closer and bringing others closer to God.

• Loved it! 2

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  42
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  944
  • Content Per Day:  0.54

8 hours ago, K9Buck said:

It’s 100% about me. And I’m so happy to admit this because there is a teaching in some churches that Christianity is all about other people and not ourselves. I can’t love anyone if I don’t invest in my own spiritual health first. And if I’m trying to love people while neglecting myself, I’ll just end up disappointing them and will lose my flavor and become worthless. 

It is about me. 

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,990
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,688
  • Content Per Day:  11.84
  • Days Won:  226

8 hours ago, K9Buck said:

My participation on Worthy is to make sure people know Jesus Christ the risen Son of God and also the biblical truth. There is also some good Christian fellowship and some laughs :D

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.93
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

1 hour ago, ReneeIW said:

It’s 100% about me.  

It is about me. 

Okay, wait a minute. All of a sudden my "Spidey Senses" are totally confused. 

294805315_laughingsmiley.gif.d04d62a9af57a93d097010e855cba1ed.gif

Just kidding, Renee. I know what you mean. See, I can joke around too. God bless!

Edited by BeauJangles
  • Loved it! 1

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  42
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  944
  • Content Per Day:  0.54

18 minutes ago, BeauJangles said:

Okay, wait a minute. All of a sudden my "Spidey Senses" are totally confused. 

294805315_laughingsmiley.gif.d04d62a9af57a93d097010e855cba1ed.gif

Just kidding, Renee. I know what you mean. See, I can joke around too. God bless!

This made me laugh!

I did sound kind of prideful or narcissistic or some other term I can’t think of. ? Yeah when you’re a mother and everything seems to revolve around your kids, you can have a moment where you say “Gosh Darn It, I’m going to do something for myself!” 

It’s funny how my daughter and husband know all about Worthy now  and will ask me what Worthy thinks about a certain topic. ?

• Loved it! 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  57
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,396
  • Content Per Day:  0.27

There's give and take in it for me. IMO that's the basis for a lot of human relations. Everyone's got their comfort zone on how much they give and receive but if it's too consistently skewed toward one side or the other people start to get angry and bitter over it and that's no good. Ideally we all minister to and support each other as we're called to and receive it in turn. So long as that runs smoothly it helps form bonds between us.

• This is Worthy 1