Frank Goad

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  37
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  55
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0

Because I want to ask why do you not believe in jesus?Is it because science can't prove God?Because jesus died for you and wants to be your friend.:)Just read john 3:16 and see just how much jesus loves you.When I think of all the atheists dying without jesus it makes me cry.

Edited by Frank Goad

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  940
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,413
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

Hi,

It is my understanding as a fellow member, that athiests are not able to post in the portions of the WCM that is for Trinitarian Christians. The operators of the board have provided other areas of the boards for those that are not Trinitarian Christians to post  and or inquire of Christians, some are atheists and many post in those areas. I suppose you might engage some  there.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  263
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  1

Yes Frank, I hope our atheist friends :)open their minds and hearts and understand the existence of God is a self-evident fact and come to Christ. That said ,atheists are becoming passionate evangelists of their delusional , infantile belief. They have taken out billboards in some areas of the US with the message to Christians: " Don't go to church, it is all fake news."

They have started atheist churches across the US, modelling Christian churches.(I saw a CNN special on this a few yeas ago.) They desperately want the youth  and the entire country; and are fighting us with all their might for them. We must realize this and not be complacent.

And as for science, it was devout Christians who invented all the major disciplines of science. About 90 % of the greatest scientists  and mathematicians(post 14th century) were believing Christians.

When  atheists said heavier-than-air flight was impossible, two devout Christian brothers named Wright invented the airplane because they said they observed those incredible creations of Christ- birds.

Many astronauts were Christians; to this day there remains a red Bible on the Moon.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,280
  • Content Per Day:  1.25
  • Days Won:  2

48 minutes ago, Neighbor said:

Hi,

It is my understanding as a fellow member, that athiests are not able to post in the portions of the WCM that is for Trinitarian Christians. The operators of the board have provided other areas of the boards for those that are not Trinitarian Christians to post  and or inquire of Christians, some are atheists and many post in those areas. I suppose you might engage some  there.

What area do they have to interact with unbelievers?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.95
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

8 hours ago, Frank Goad said:

When I think of all the atheists dying without jesus it makes me cry.

Yeah, I know. It is extremely sad to know about those who have no belief in our precious Saviour. I trust that you're trying to share the gospel as best you can. So many at one time did have some acknowledgement of God's existence. Some of the difficulties in life can harden a heart against the Lord, and they even feel hatred within themselves as a result. Bless you, brother. It shows you really do care. 

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  47
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

I can imagine it varies from person to person. I was an unbeliever once. Raised in a Christian (or at least "Christian-minded" home). With me, I think it was an inability to distinguish God from people. People do bad things, and some rise up in support of the right things, but in... Wrong ways. It's kind of hard to take certain things seriously when people don't practice what they preach. A kid might not be smart, but they watch things, they notice things, soak it up like a sponge. You can't tell a kid to not drink but then get drunk. Same as telling them that swearing is bad, and yet swear regardless. It creates a sort of... Questioning by the child of what they've been taught. No such thing as a perfect parent much less a perfect person, but still, some honesty and effort are always good.

It was also probably going through the public school system being preached to about evolution and the wonders of science. There's only so much one can learn though, before they realize that knowledge only ever goes so far. Then you learn about the supposed major figures of science and their odd little quirks and beliefs and it really makes you question what you already know. Like Freud, man, he's called the father of psychology, but he was a coke addict and kind of insane. Learn about the human mind from a guy who stands on a table naked and screeches at his wife, sure, sounds legit.

My disillusionment with science eventually led me into looking at the more... "unconventional" answers. I'd like to think that something somewhere along the line just brought me to the Lord, and not taking science as seriously anymore and looking in a few of the wrong places first was a part of that. I now realize that there's God, and then there's people. His ways are not our ways, nor our thoughts, his thoughts. Then, at the end of the day, men hardly know everything. We can learn, and Freud wasn't a complete nut, but we never know everything. It's rather nice not knowing everything, too. 

• Loved it! 1