IGNORED

Is it beneficial for the dead to pray for them?

Guest K9Buck

Or is it pointless?  I suppose the answer depends upon whether or not you believe that one can be saved after their physical death.  

What is your belief?  Thank you.

• Steward

• Group:  Steward
  • Followers:  110
  • Topic Count:  10,465
  • Topics Per Day:  1.26
  • Content Count:  27,765
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  128
  • Birthday:  09/21/1971

Shalom K9Buck,

Be sure to also post your prayer request with our Worthy Prayer Team.    Simply click on the Worthy Prayer Team link, and click login and submit your prayer request!  It's that simple!

God bless,

George

• Praise God! 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,679
  • Content Per Day:  1.40
  • Days Won:  16

I feel pretty certain that our decision is made on this side of physical death. 

I don't think prayer can change that. 

And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Well Said! 1

1 hour ago, Jostler said:

I feel pretty certain that our decision is made on this side of physical death. 

I don't think prayer can change that. 

Have you ever heard of a man named Howard Storm?  He was a self-described, hardcore atheist that had an NDE.  He said he went to Hell and called out for Jesus and was saved.  He quit his job as a university department chairman, went to seminary school and became a church pastor.  

4 minutes ago, K9Buck said:

Have you ever heard of a man named Howard Storm?  He was a self-described, hardcore atheist that had an NDE.  He said he went to Hell and called out for Jesus and was saved.  He quit his job as a university department chairman, went to seminary school and became a church pastor.  

i can't say I'm familiar with his testimony. 

2 minutes ago, Jostler said:

i can't say I'm familiar with his testimony. 

I read his book "My Descent into Death".  

See the source image

Edited by K9Buck

2 minutes ago, K9Buck said:

I read his book "My Descent into Death".  

See the source image

I have read quite a few NDE testimonies, but the end result of those is not death.....they are returned to this life where change is still possible.  I think once we've passed out of this life for good, the next thing we'll experience is judgement of how we chose to relate to Jesus, and how we spoke and acted....while here.

NDE's are a rather fascinating thing to read about....some do seem to encounter the Lord before being sent back...

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, Jostler said:

I have read quite a few NDE testimonies, but the end result of those is not death.....they are returned to this life where change is still possible.  I think once we've passed out of this life for good, the next thing we'll experience is judgement of how we chose to relate to Jesus, and how we spoke and acted....while here.

NDE's are a rather fascinating thing to read about....some do seem to encounter the Lord before being sent back...

I certainly can't say with certainty that this guy's account is true, but I believe him to be credible, assuming that he actually was the department chair in a university (Northern Kentucky University).  I haven't verified those claims, but I believe that he is telling the truth.  

With that said, I too have heard and read about countless NDE's, a number of which I did NOT believe.  

I knew two women who told me that they had NDE's.  I believed them both.  One was a rather quiet accountant with whom I worked.  She told me of her complications from having her baby daughter.  She told me that she "died" and was resuscitated.  I asked her if she experienced anything while she was "dead".  She said she did.  She said she was in a state of total peace and that she knew she was dead but that it was ok.  Then, she had the thought of her baby growing up without a mother, felt regret and then she was revived.  I found her testimony credible as she was typically quite and reserved and certainly not one to tell stories.  

Another woman told me that, as a child, she was in an accident and died on the operating table.  She said that she saw a surgeon saying that he had never lost a child and that he wasn't going to lose one now.  Then she said she met Jesus.  Jesus told her that she would recover completely.  Then, she awoke and was recovering post-surgery.  I said to her "That experience must have really strengthened your faith".  Her rather crass and crude response was "That's bull****, it's not "faith" it's FACT!" I appreciated her conviction.  

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  37
  • Topic Count:  539
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  32,662
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  218
  • Birthday:  02/23/1953

this is not the place for a discussion and really should be moved from the prayer forum 

1 minute ago, ladypeartree said:

this is not the place for a discussion and really should be moved from the prayer forum 

i didn't realize we were in the prayer forum....but you're right.  K9Buck is new and I'm sure meant no disrespect for convention...perhaps a mod can move this to a more appropriate place