IGNORED

Is it beneficial for the dead to pray for them?

Guest K9Buck

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.24
  • Days Won:  115

9 hours ago, K9Buck said:

So one's name could be written in the Book of Life, even though they haven't accepted Jesus as their savior, is that correct?

What does John 14:1-6 say?  If Jesus is the way, the truth and the life, but Jesus has been rejected, how could anyone who has rejected Jesus ever be in the Book of Life?  Do you believe in Universalism?

• Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  206
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  5,608
  • Content Per Day:  2.85
  • Days Won:  33

This is what Jesus told us all. He is the only way to Heaven. No other way. We need to accept Jesus as our Lord and Saviour in this life. No second chances after death. The bible warns us of that. Don’t risk it! Once He is in our lives, He transforms us by His Holy Spirit to make us more like Him.

Then when we leave this life, we go straight into the presence of Jesus and the Father. We are then with them for eternity. It is an unbroken relationship with Jesus and it starts in this life.

E5BE50BD-79C2-4C60-A01E-DD958A024056.png

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 2

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.93
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

Is it beneficial for the dead to pray for them?

While those who have passed away are getting no benefit in Heaven from any prayers for them, it does sometimes bring comfort to those who miss and have lost their loved ones. 

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,679
  • Content Per Day:  1.40
  • Days Won:  16

Then another of His disciples said to Him, “Lord, let me first go and bury my father.”
But Jesus said to him, “Follow Me, and let the dead bury their own dead.

I think there's some profound revelation available to anyone who chooses to meditate on what Jesus said there.  Luke added in some additional information about the same encounter:

Jesus said to him, “Let the dead bury their own dead, but you go and preach the kingdom of God.”

But, just scratching the surface I'm comfortable "hearing" Him exhort me to stay focused on what matters....and the dead are beyond my ability to affect....good or bad.

Edited by Jostler
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  693
  • Content Per Day:  0.42
  • Days Won:  0

15 hours ago, K9Buck said:

So there's no point in praying for the departed at a funeral, for instance, right?  

Yeah.  This topic is utterly clear to me.

No point in praying for dead people at all.  At our church, that never happens.  We pray for comfort and peace for those left behind.  We pray for either the swift release of those dying, or the recovery of those ill.

But once the spirit is release, and we are standing before the Lord G-d of Heaven, the time is up, the clock has stopped, and now we face the Lord.

Now in this life, is our chance to pray for others, and ourselves.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1
  • Well Said! 1

3 hours ago, LonerAndy said:

Yeah.  This topic is utterly clear to me.

No point in praying for dead people at all.  At our church, that never happens.  We pray for comfort and peace for those left behind.  We pray for either the swift release of those dying, or the recovery of those ill.

But once the spirit is release, and we are standing before the Lord G-d of Heaven, the time is up, the clock has stopped, and now we face the Lord.

Now in this life, is our chance to pray for others, and ourselves.

Ok.  Thank you.  

4 hours ago, marvelloustime said:

He transforms us by His Holy Spirit to make us more like Him.

Is that biblical?  Thanks.

• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  1,192
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  7,264
  • Content Per Day:  1.19
  • Days Won:  194

1 hour ago, K9Buck said:

Is that biblical?  Thanks.

@marvelloustime said, "He transforms us by His Holy Spirit to make us more like Him." (I hope it is okay if I answer for her :) She can add on, if she wishes. But this is one verse showing it is scriptural.)

"And we all having been unveiled in face, beholding as in a mirror the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image, from glory to glory, even as from the Lord, the Spirit." (2 Cor 3:18)

• This is Worthy 2

• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.36
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

22 hours ago, K9Buck said:

So everyone who dies a Muslim, Jew, Hindu, Buddhist or anything other than a Christian is condemned to Hell, correct?  

YES .

ONE WORD SUMMED Up your question .       YES they will be .   And it is why , oh man its why ,   we need to get up and do as did the early church 

and let the entire world and anything that draws breath ,  KNOW JESUS ALONE Saves .   THE GOSPLE is that dire important .   ITS more than relevant 

its totally necessary if one wants eternal life and not etnernal damnation .      its that black and white .      

• This is Worthy 1

• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.36
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

6 hours ago, marvelloustime said:

This is what Jesus told us all. He is the only way to Heaven. No other way. We need to accept Jesus as our Lord and Saviour in this life. No second chances after death. The bible warns us of that. Don’t risk it! Once He is in our lives, He transforms us by His Holy Spirit to make us more like Him.

Then when we leave this life, we go straight into the presence of Jesus and the Father. We are then with them for eternity. It is an unbroken relationship with Jesus and it starts in this life.

E5BE50BD-79C2-4C60-A01E-DD958A024056.png

That's right sister .      The true lambs , we going out with the true pure gospel .      You are doing a marvelous good thing .    WE must more than ever contend for the true faith 

once delivered unto the saints .  FOR as we see , many , many are becoming infected with the wrong mindsets .    WE going out , proclaiming as did CHRIST and the early church 

and every true lamb has done in all ages ,  SAYING loud and saying clear ,   You want eternal life , THEN RUN TO JESUS , cause if one rejects HIM ,   IT is the second death for them .

JESUS only saves and how it makes my spirit just soar with joy to see others standing for the true faith .

• This is Worthy 1