JohnD

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  905
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,646
  • Content Per Day:  2.02
  • Days Won:  9

The day is to honor the man (imperfect as he was and we all are) as a [CHRISTIAN] leader in the civil rights movement.

Most Christians are go along, milk toast, keep politics out of the pulpit, puppets for the humanist (therefore satanist) liberals...

(Jesus equated humanism with satanism read it for yourself Matthew 16:13-23)...

It was a sad day that the 501 c 3 tax exempt status for Churches passed into law. 

It was in effect a power grab over the pulpits of this land (those who wanted to keep their tax exempt status, that is). 

And the longer I live the more I see all denominations as businesses.

Case in point:

An established local decided my rejection of her advances was offensive (especially when I set her straight about the matter in a public

setting). She went to the pastor of the Church we all attended. When he would not excommunicate me (which he had no grounds to do)

she boycotted the Church. Her family is prominent and when she left along with as many family and friends as she could convince to go,

the Southern Baptist Denomination responded several months later when the $$$ money $$$ dried up.

This SB Church was always in the black under this dedicated man who pastored the Church for decades. If a bus was needed or a building,

they never had to go in debt or plead for money. It was always pre-funded.

The Pastor himself was well past retirement age and qualifications... he stayed on because the congregation loved him, he loved them, and

the town in which we all live... plus he loved his work.

The SB leaders gave him two choices... retire or be terminated.

Hell of a thing for him to face at the end of a very faithful career to Christ.

He chose to retire and move to another place where a job opening had been waiting for him to accept for years.

They told him they would have his replacement as soon as possible, but he told them he was retiring ion 30 days.

"You would put the Church in interim pastor status..."

He replied, "No. You did."

That was some 4 - 5 years ago.

The Southern Baptist Church in town has been in interim pastor status almost the entire time (with a brief break in a young pastor

the old timers in the congregation quickly oustered.  Another retired pastor fill the billet for a long time and as I understand

accepted the job permanently... but fell ill on a mission trip to Malaysia. 

We have not attended in years. We were never members there, only guests. 

When the boycott began, my beloved wife had her hip problems (eventual replacement) and we were unable to attend anyway

because she could not even sit on the pews at the time.

So it was all for NOTHING!

I learned a lesson about denominations decades ago (while attending a local extension of the Southern Baptist Seminary) man runs

the denominations with his traditions and interpolations of scripture. Not just the Southern Baptists. All of them. They may start out as

"non-denominational" like the Calvary Chapel Movement... but humanism always creeps in and wins out.

In seminary I learned by the monthly newsletter in the break room that the local congregations were all held to a financial quota system

and they had no qualm over publishing which were not giving up to what was expected.

Echoing that... in our local church at the time (a million miles and years from here) in Sunday school a financial expert was dispatched to  

lead a class one morning... his topic: getting people on the Sunday school roll...

to get saved?

No.

to get a deeper understanding of God through Christian education?

No.

To get them to tithe.

I kid you not.

It seems statistically Sunday school attendees are more likely to tithe.

More recently we only attended the Baptist  Church because we found we had to

hold our spiritual noses the least there considering the only other alternatives...

and the oustered pastor was a very gifted speaker and a sincere man of God who

often parted with SBC platform planks and was about getting people saved and edified.

What has all of this to do with Martin Luthor King Jr.?

Christianity, in the name of turn the other cheek, has been turned into a doormat faith of sheep

following wolves in sheeps clothing  leaders (most way above the local leadership so don't go after

your local pastor... he or she is just as beleaguered by all of this as you are PLUS they are burdened with 

shouldering the spiritual responsibilities and duties passed on to them by a do-less do-nothing congregation 

that only wants to throw up their hands and sing and get get get all they can....

Lord don't get me started...

Jesus Christ himself is a revolutionary.

That was what irked the status quo *the Sanhedrin) the most about him.

The world is and always has been hell bound (since Eden). Jesus Christ is about changing that for 

individuals. Revolution!

You want a name for the Bible (which simply means "book") ?

Revolution!

When the Church began (under Constantine) to become the get along religion... we lost our soul. 

Woe to you the scripture says when the world (men) speaks well of you. The world is at enmity with God.

That hasn't changed.

Martin Luthor King Jr. did not see Christianity as the get along religion... 

The popular belief among people is that the Islamic religion is the only revolutionary religion on the planet...

or that you have to follow Gandhi for a peaceful version of revolution / defiance of the way humanity is diving headlong

into hell...

No. Christ alone can save us from hell.

And to effect change in this life, the most effective is to change the world one heart at a time through love and peaceful defiance

and demonstration... with a dogmatic refusal to back down...

And a willingness to pay the price.

That's Martin Luthor King Jr.'s legacy to a tee.

He and others he joined with set out to change injustice in the world.

My point here is Christians today can't be bothered to change injustice in our own Christian house.

So sad.

God bless Christian people like Martin Luthor King Jr.

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  951
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,565
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

1 hour ago, JohnD said:

Most Christians are go along, milk toast, keep politics out of the pulpit, puppets for the humanist (therefore satanist) liberals...

Whoa, that's quite the supposition. Seems an errant one to this Christian. Nothing could be further from what I know of about Christians.

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.21
  • Days Won:  58

I thought this was about martin luther king not a tirade against the church

• Thumbs Up 1

9 hours ago, Neighbor said:

Whoa, that's quite the supposition. Seems an errant one to this Christian. Nothing could be further from what I know of about Christians.

Okay. When's the last time you heard a sermon about Trump being God's man in the Whitehouse?

8 minutes ago, JohnD said:

Okay. When's the last time you heard a sermon about Trump being God's man in the Whitehouse?

God uses all presidents all leaders of all governments. He has placed them all, evil and good alike.

Trump is a terrible terrible terrible individual. Always has been! It is just he was better than a terrible terrible terrible Hilary Rodham-Clinton. Trump is not God's plan of salvation for the USA. He is just another in a too long line of awful people we have had to suffer for reasons known perhaps only to God.

ps if I heard my pastors and elders trumpeting the likes of Trump I would find myself a new local body of Christ immediately.

Martin Luthor King Jr. Day

He was something special . He knew it, he lived it. I didn't appreciate it at the time. Sorry that I was  so ignorant back then. I just had no real knowledge of man's hatred for other men especially for their skin tone and culture. His presentations are worth a read, and a re-read. He is today a blessing on my own life.

10 hours ago, Neighbor said:

God uses all presidents all leaders of all governments. He has placed them all, evil and good alike.

Trump is a terrible terrible terrible individual. Always has been! It is just he was better than a terrible terrible terrible Hilary Rodham-Clinton. Trump is not God's plan of salvation for the USA. He is just another in a too long line of awful people we have had to suffer for reasons known perhaps only to God.

ps if I heard my pastors and elders trumpeting the likes of Trump I would find myself a new local body of Christ immediately.

King David was an adulterer and murderer.

Moses murdered an Egyptian.

Kennedy had numerous affairs in the Whitehouse.

FDR did too.

Nixon, both Bushes,

Clinton... 'nuff said.

The pastors you mentioned...

The late Dr J. Vernon McGee used to quip... "You folks think you know me...

but all you ever see of me i a head and a pair of hands....

If you knew me, the way God knows me, you would never even listen to me.

But, now, hold on!

If I knew you, the way that God knows you, I wouldn't even speak to you!"

You say God uses all kinds of people (as I have just listed)... even people like me

even people like you...

When you said Trump was not the salvation of America

you came closest to diagnosing your own prejudice...

we are not looking for a Messiah  in the President.

You apparently are.

ONLY Jesus is the Messiah / Savior.

All we can ever hope for in this world with anyone or anything else is the lesser evil.

You yourself said as much without realizing it that terrible Trump is the lesser evil than

even more terrible Hilary.

You revealed your own prejudice / seeking for a Messianic President here:

"ps if I heard my pastors and elders trumpeting the likes of Trump I would find myself a new local body of Christ immediately"

Could we start listing the good things Donald J Trump has done? To off set the statement how terrible terrible terrible (in Gomer Pyle voice tee hee)

he is... ?

His effect on the American economy, security... including in the Hispanic and African American communities speaks for itself.

The deescalation of the Iranian situation (with any other President beside Trump or Reagan they would drag it out, take hostages, foment terror the world over, sucker appeasing Presidents like Obama into appeasing them and even supplying them with terrorist moneys)...

But that would drive you away from my congregation if I were pastor...

wouldn't it?

Had my say. Had enough of yours.

Be blessed.

Be well.

3 minutes ago, JohnD said:

When you said Trump was not the salvation of America

you came closest to diagnosing your own prejudice...

we are not looking for a Messiah  in the President.

You apparently are.

Oh boy, silly is all I can state. Take care may God bless.