LadyKay

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.93
  • Days Won:  3

It has come up to vote in my town that they want to do away with the prohibiting of the  selling alcohol on Sundays.  To be honest. I don't know if to vote "yes" or "no" on this issue. While I do not drink as I feel in my heart I have been directed by God not to do so. I do not think it is a sin for other people to drink and it is their personal choice to do so. I also do not feel it is right for me to force my believes onto other people and take away from them their own choice. I thought this would make a good topic for discussion.  Do you feel there should be a ban on selling alcohol on Sundays? Would you vote "yes" or "no" on this issue if it came up to vote where you live? (Hypothetically, I'm not asking how people vote for real that would be rude.) 

No right or wrong answers here. Just wondering how other Christians think about this. 

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  236
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Days Won:  0

There are enough people trying to force their nastiness to "accept" social normality with gay and trans and crap, why not I do the same? I say NO because enough people are getting drunk enough, so maybe when they overbuy on Saturday, might make them one day sick enough the next day to quit.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  239
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  11/16/1993

2 minutes ago, LadyKay said:

It has come up to vote in my town that they want to do away with the prohibiting of the  selling alcohol on Sundays.  To be honest. I don't know if to vote "yes" or "no" on this issue. While I do not drink as I feel in my heart I have been directed by God not to do so. I do not think it is a sin for other people to drink and it is their personal choice to do so. I also do not feel it is right for me to force my believes onto other people and take away from them their own choice. I thought this would make a good topic for discussion.  Do you feel there should be a ban on selling alcohol on Sundays? Would you vote "yes" or "no" on this issue if it came up to vote where you live? (Hypothetically, I'm not asking how people vote for real that would be rude.) 

No right or wrong answers here. Just wondering how other Christians think about this. 

No. I kid you not my 21st birthday fell on a Sunday and here in Indiana we have such a law. Granted I could have gone to a bar and had a drink but the fact that I could not have a drink in my own residence was completely intrusive on the State's part. Ridiculous. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  951
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,559
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

I wouldn't bother to vote on that one. I don't drink. 

I also don't mind anyone shopping for whatever they want  to buy at any day, and  at any time a merchant wants to be open.

However if I were world dictator for life  and had decree making power I would shut down all bars period, and stop restaurant sales of alcohol  with food at 8:00 PM in hope most heavy drinkers will be encouraged to be at home drinking to their heart's content.

Having been in the lounge/entertainment, restaurant, coffee shop and hotel business, I find the power drinkers are the problem! They binge drink at whatever hour they decide to get themselves blasted. Best they have a place to lite when they drink and not be out hitting the bars ruining others evenings out. Better they buy their alcohol and go home to consume it, Saturday, Sunday, Friday, and even  Monday mornings hair of the dog time. Can't force a person not to consume whatever they desire consuming for they are going to do it anyway. Silly to think banning alcohol on Sunday is anything but a religious pressure  from a few sects of a religious group. Can't anymore stop boozing than one can force a person to accept Jesus as their Lord.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  905
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,644
  • Content Per Day:  2.02
  • Days Won:  9

25 minutes ago, LadyKay said:

There used to be in most of America blue laws.

It was the prohibition of just about everything that was not

an emergency status on Sundays except for Church and

picnics.

It was a very family oriented time. Very peaceful. Restful.

We always gassed up the car on Saturday because even the gas stations were closed.

Little by little this was chipped away to the current status.

Personal opinion, it was best in the sense that it freed up the most people to be able to

go to Church.

It is sad in a way that Christianity (which is a relationship with God the Father through

faith in the sacrifice of the Son) never got out of the religious trappings and status of a weekly

sabbath of sorts (under the auspices of the sun god influenced Roman Catholic Empire)...

God does grade on the curve about some things, apparently... America setting aside a day per week

nationally to honor Jesus... 

In this age of Grace, everyday is the sabbath and we who are the priests of God should be working

in our ministries daily to serve our Savior.

But as I said, the Roman take over (reflected in our SUN day services) has kept us in a religious status

and passing our ministerial duties on to the professional Christians who they can program to lead and

teach according to their traditions of man.

Sigh. 

• Praise God! 1

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.82
  • Days Won:  226

I do not know what the difference would be. Those who choose to purchase alcohol would have 6 other days to do so. What would the difference be? In our world today people are not going to care if it is Sunday. 

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.93
  • Days Won:  3

1 hour ago, DustyRoad said:

I steer clear of political matters. Here's the reason why referring to politics in New Mexico as "corrupt" is redundant: because what passes as normal here would land one in prison anywhere else. Yes, doctoring a search warrant after the fact is a crime... so is stealing equipment from the sheriff's department. It goes something like this:

How do you know you're living in New Mexico? 

Answer: when the constitutionalist sheriff whom the county church-goers officially love is busted stealing from his own department. When the mayor of a town is responsible for over $1 million coming up missing... and the crook still finds time to run for the Senate. 

No thanks, I serve the Lord. 

I'm not sure what my thread has to do with Mexico but I did say there are no wrong answers so......okay I guess.:noidea:

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,073
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

I have never understood the difference in buying alcohol Sunday or any other day of the week...   Maybe an after thought of Sabbath laws or the old blue laws where much of commerce was affected.....    but if it's wrong on Sunday it's wrong on Saturday or any other day of the week.    Grocery stores were closed but restaurants were open and working for us church goers to eat after services....   I really never understood that either.

I would vote yes personally. 

• Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,703
  • Content Per Day:  2.46
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

About the only advantage to voting no is it cuts down on drinking and driving at least one day of the week. Sure the drunks are still gonna get drunk-but they will have bought all their alcoholic drinks the day before and will be drinking at home instead of driving home from the bar.

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,247
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

4 hours ago, LadyKay said:

It's been tried before, and doesn't work

You can't legislate morality.

• Thumbs Up 1