IGNORED

Am I The Only One Who Does Not Believe This Very Popular Church Teaching?

ReneeIW

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  32
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/16/1961

@ReneeIW  I do understand what you are saying, many were doing wrong,BUT, the one didn't........I look at this from this point of view, The Bible, King David  caught up in a moment he committed murder..... I don't think it ever crossed King David's mind to kill somebody before,  yet it happened......:emot-heartbeat:

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  105
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,803
  • Content Per Day:  1.29
  • Days Won:  2

8 minutes ago, fileoflife said:

@ReneeIW  I do understand what you are saying, many were doing wrong,BUT, the one didn't........I look at this from this point of view, The Bible, King David  caught up in a moment he committed murder..... I don't think it ever crossed King David's mind to kill somebody before,  yet it happened......:emot-heartbeat:

I would have said the same thing before.....until I read 1 Samuel.

In chapter 27, David was so fearful of Saul that he just gave up and went to live with the Philistines.  He took 600 men and their families with him and they asked the King of Gath for a city.  He gave them Ziklag.

For resources, food, animals, and things to survive, King David and his men just started slaughtering people.  This was not an act of war or under the direction of God.  The Bible says he took what he wanted and killed the people so they couldn't tell the King of Gath that David was a raider.

He lied to the King of Gath and told him that he was killing Jews.

So long before David had Uriah killed to shut the truth up - he already did that on large scale.

• Well Said! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,241
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

2 hours ago, ReneeIW said:

I was listening to a sermon early this morning and the pastor said that we are all capable of committing the same heinous and violent acts as serial killers and others if given the right circumstances, and that only a self-righteous person believes  otherwise.

I’ve heard this statement many times over the years and used to believe it, but now I do not

Wherefore let him that thinketh he standeth take heed lest he fall. 1 Corinthians 10:12

When I was a fairly young believer in a discussion with a friend, he told me of his sin problem with a particular thought life.
I simply told him I didn't see why he had that particular problem, as I never had any problems like that.
The moment the last word left my mouth, I felt an evil presence,
and have been plagued with those thoughts wanting in ever since. Several decades of extreme battles.

Take heed.....

• Well Said! 1

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

8 hours ago, Jayne said:

So long before David had Uriah killed to shut the truth up - he already did that on large scale.

I think that may miss the point. David, the shepherd, probably never would have thought that later in life, he would ever be a general, an adulterer, a murderer, or the King of Israel. Probably never thought he would be written in the most popular book in the world some 30 centuries later, or a revered figure in three major world religions.

Of course, I do not know what went through Davids young mind, but I think it is rather presumptuous for any of us to think "oh, I would never do that!"

Matthew 26:35:

Peter said to him, “Even if I must die with you, I will not deny you!” And all the disciples said the same.

How did that work out. Knowing how we might behave under all unforeseen circumstances may not be so easy.

10 hours ago, ReneeIW said:

I was listening to a sermon early this morning and the pastor said that we are all capable of committing the same heinous and violent acts as serial killers and others if given the right circumstances, and that only a self-righteous person believes  otherwise.

I’ve heard this statement many times over the years and used to believe it, but now I do not. While we are all born with a sinful nature, it takes a certain type of personality to commit certain crimes. I can say unequivocally that I would not murder thirty people and hide them in my basement as one serial killer did. All glory goes to God for keeping me from those acts, but I don’t think it’s self righteous to say I am not capable of certain acts. I’m simply acknowledging that by the grace of God, I am not capable of doing certain things.

We can never know FOR SURE what we would do given a particular set of circumstances and what type of demonic influence might be attacking us.  Some Christian Germans willingly engaged in the slaughter of countless Jews during WW2.  

5 hours ago, Margo1945 said:

true, they did, but why? .. did they hate the Jews that much, too, or were they afraid for their own lives if they did not do so .. the end times scenario will be all nations turning on Israel .. how many True Christians will do so, too, or how many will do what they can to protect Israel - God's wife

My guess is that the "Christians" that engaged in genocide had a warped view of Christianity.  I think many of them justified it to themselves on their belief that "The Jews killed Jesus".  I also believe they were under significant demonic influence, which they welcomed with open arms.  

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  107
  • Content Per Day:  0.07

I think the pastor is some right, Gospel said "As for you, you were dead in your transgressions and sins, in which you used to live when you followed the ways of this world and of the ruler of the kingdom of the air, the spirit who is now at work in those who are disobedient. All of us also lived among them at one time, gratifying the cravings of our flesh[a] and following its desires and thoughts. Like the rest, we were by nature deserving of wrath. But because of his great love for us, God, who is rich in mercy" and "11 Therefore, remember that formerly you who are Gentiles by birth and called “uncircumcised” by those who call themselves “the circumcision” (which is done in the body by human hands)— 12 remember that at that time you were separate from Christ, excluded from citizenship in Israel and foreigners to the covenants of the promise, without hope and without God in the world. 13 But now in Christ Jesus you who once were far away have been brought near by the blood of Christ." -(Ephesians 2)

And there are also I think verses in Gospel that describe how people look like without the word, there's a great possibility for every one without the word or lived in world isn't based on word to do any kind of sins, I think it's possible.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.93
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

18 hours ago, ReneeIW said:

This particular pastor used John Wayne Gacy as an example and said we are all capable of that.

For those who will never experience regeneration, I suppose this could be possible. My heart tells me I was never capable to doing this. A person of this caliber is deranged in his mind from birth. John Wayne Gacy was possessed of the devil and inherently evil to the core of his being. Not me. Ever. 

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  107
  • Content Per Day:  0.07

We can't be righteous with the law deeds nor with ourselves, we've the nature of sin and the world nature and we're thinking according to flesh but Jesus make the change in our selves to be born again from heaven and be able in the righteous way, if we said that we can do it without Jesus, so why he came to world?!!

"If we claim to be without sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness. 10 If we claim we have not sinned, we make him out to be a liar and his word is not in us." - (1 John)

This is a basically principles in Jesus teaching.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,038
  • Content Per Day:  0.62
  • Birthday:  07/07/1955

LUKE 8:21 and HE answered and said unto them MY mother and --MY  BRETHREN-- are these which hear the word of GOD and do it

*******LUKE 22:40 and when HE was at the place HE said unto them --PRAY-- that you enter not into temptation*******

1 JOHN 5:14 and this is the confidence tat we have in HIM that --IF-- we ask anything according to HIS will HE heareth us  --5:15--and if we know that HE heareth us whatsoever we ask we know that we have the petitions that we desired of HIM

JOHN 14:14   if you shall ask anything in --MY name-- I shall do it

*******PROVERBS 28:9 he that turneth away his ear from hearing the law even his prayer shall be abomination*******

*******PSALM 66:18  if I regard iniquity in my heart THE LORD will not hear me******* 

PROVERBS 8:13 the fear of THE LORD --is to hate evil--pride arrogancy and the evil way and the froward mouth I do hate 

PROVERBS 16:18 pride goeth before destruction and a haughty spirit before a fall

LOVING THE LORD JESUS CHRIST