• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,399
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  1

52 minutes ago, K9Buck said:

@Margo1945

I think one asking Jesus to appear to them in a dream is inappropriate at best.  To me it's like saying "If you're real, jump through this hoop for me".

That would only be true if the person was questioning if Jesus was real and was putting Him to the test.. But Some people might ask God to come to them in a dream because they simply want to see Him.. 

I cannot see any problem if the person believes Jesus and trusts in the Atonement Jesus secured for their salvation..  As long as the result of that prayer request does not affect that persons bedrock of faith in Jesus then His will be done..

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  398
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  0

Margo is spot on in her words of caution as asking for a spirit force to come into one’s dream can open one up to demonic influence.  How could the Christian know if the origin of the dream is from a legitimate source or the place to which one is ushered  in an “out of body experience” is the right location?  All Christians must be very careful about practices that border on mysticism as the Bible takes a very definite stand against any involvement in these practices. To the nation of Israel, God said, “for everybody doing these things is something detestable to God” (Deuteronomy 18:10-12).  The Apostle Paul warned Christians again to keep free from spiritism (Galatians 5:20). 

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  107
  • Content Per Day:  0.07

I saw Jesus in more than one dream visions, in my heart knowledge comes and I know the person I see is Jesus but I couldn't see the details of his face, one of visions showed me Jesus and told me that he's the most fluent one talked Hebrew.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.92
  • Days Won:  5

I am not big on asking for dreams, visions, etc., but for  what it’s worth, the great Bible Teacher Zola Levitt was an Atheist and asked God—- “ If you are there....show me!”  It worked for Zola, apparently........just sayin’........

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  40,789
  • Content Per Day:  7.95
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

Heb 11:6

6 But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.
KJV

Heb 11:1

11 Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.
KJV

why would one seek another avenue knowing this :noidea: unless they were more interested in pleasing themselves more than pleasing God...

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

On 1/20/2020 at 11:18 AM, Frank Goad said:

Have you ever prayed for Jesus to enter your dreams(and make you aware of the fact.So you would know it's jesus?) or take you out of body?Like in 2 Corinthians 12:1-4?

No

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  63
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  2,196
  • Content Per Day:  1.37
  • Birthday:  03/25/1961

No in that asking Him to enter my dreams. To be given dreams from Him yes. Being awake thinking about picturing something in which He took it over yes and it always lines up with His word. Asking about "out of body" never. Christ is the way the truth and the life. All ALL good things come from God.  To make this more clear what I am talking (the two wide awake) about here in 58 years only happen twice. Those were moments I was crying out from my heart. So let it be written the longing to know Him.. to KNOW HIM.. to totally fall in love Him.. this hunger is growing.

I never SEEK these things. Both were moments I was just hurt and crying out to Him. Was not asking for anything. The strange thing is I wouldn't SEEK to have Him do it.  This is me now.. also know that He treats us all the same meaning what He HAS does for one He will do for all. You ARE that special to Him. We have not because we ask not or were asking wrong.. has to go inline with the word.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,679
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  16

I'm just going to drop this here with as little comment as I can manage. 

John 10 is an astonishingly deep passage...chock full of revelation.   Snippets:

“Most assuredly, I say to you, he who does not enter the sheepfold by the door, but climbs up some other way, the same is a thief and a robber.

“But he who enters by the door is the shepherd of the sheep.

There's a claim here to legitimacy, defined by entering by the 'door'

So, what is the door Jesus entered the sheepfold thorough, that proved His credentials....His legal right to be in the sheepfold as the Shepherd? 

Later in the same passage, some how Jesus has BECOME the "door".....the door OUT OF the sheepfold.

Then Jesus said to them again, “Most assuredly, I say to you, I am the door of the sheep.

“All who ever came before Me are thieves and robbers, but the sheep did not hear them.

“I am the door. If anyone enters by Me, he will be saved, and will go in and out and find pasture.

If Jesus is become the door, what does He gain us legitimate, legal access to?   Where is the "pasture" His sheep "go in and out" to find? 

:)

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  431
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Birthday:  08/31/1950

it brings to mind john 20v29 Blessed are they that have not seen yet believe"..then again" the fervant prayers of the rightious availeth much"

and as you believe so you shall recieve"..and visions and dreams are available,but be carefull what you ask for...

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  344
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,393
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

On 1/20/2020 at 1:18 PM, Frank Goad said:

Have you ever prayed for Jesus to enter your dreams(and make you aware of the fact.So you would know it's jesus?) or take you out of body?Like in 2 Corinthians 12:1-4?

John 20:29 (KJV) Jesus saith unto him, Thomas, because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed: blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed.