• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,053
  • Content Per Day:  6.56
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  01/09/1956

@Jostler

I would share a wee little bit that is actually a huge wee bit.

:-)

When we pray to the Father in the Name of Jesus Christ, this means we are praying in His ‘Nature’. The nature is in the name, so to speak.

We have this authority and the powers and principalities have been beaten in that Name.

They have no authority over us. We are in the world, but not of it.

As you said, we are even now ‘In Him’ in the heavenlies. There is much more To this thing of being in CHrist of God.

We can lay hold of this and make it real in experience. Where the sons of God are, is a carved out piece of real estate—aka—The Land.

• This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4,361
  • Content Per Day:  2.31
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/03/1953

5 hours ago, Frank Goad said:

Have you ever prayed for Jesus to enter your dreams(and make you aware of the fact.So you would know it's jesus?) or take you out of body?Like in 2 Corinthians 12:1-4?

As for question one, I see no need for that since I try to walk with him every day (1 Thess 5:17).

As for the out of body thing, I haven't asked him to do that. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  133
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,864
  • Content Per Day:  0.62
  • Days Won:  2

The only place we can find straightforward truth is in the word of God ( bible ). The bible does NOT instruct us to have out of body experiences. When it comes to spiritual matters, God's written word is sufficient. All that we need to know about God and how He wants us to live and conduct ourselves is in His written word.  We don't need unusual and exotic experiences to get to know God. We can know him through what He has revealed to us in His written word. And His written word is sufficient for us.

John 17 : 17 Sanctify them by the truth; your word is truth.

2 Timothy 3 : 16, 17   All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness,  so that the servant of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work.

Seeking supernatural experiences, such as out of the body can certainly open you up to demonic oppression, There is nothing to be gained by this. In the first place it amounts to occultic practices and the bible strictly forbids divination and sorcery and this would also include out of body experiences.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  133
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,864
  • Content Per Day:  0.62
  • Days Won:  2

Margo, you might be thinking of astral projection

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

12 hours ago, Frank Goad said:

Have you ever prayed for Jesus to enter your dreams(and make you aware of the fact.So you would know it's jesus?) or take you out of body?Like in 2 Corinthians 12:1-4?

Nope, it has never entered my mind. Now that you mention it though, still not interested, lol. If He wants to do that, fine, but it is not something I see enough value in to ask of Him. Give us this day, our daily bread, etc. etc., that is another story!

6 minutes ago, Omegaman 3.0 said:

Nope, it has never entered my mind. Now that you mention it though, still not interested, lol. If He wants to do that, fine, but it is not something I see enough value in to ask of Him. Give us this day, our daily bread, etc. etc., that is another story!

Agreed.  I would never fathom asking Jesus for a sign, etc.  I imagine it's a sin.  

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,399
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  1

15 hours ago, Frank Goad said:

I have prayed for dreams.. But i don't remember ever praying to see Jesus.. But i did have a dream where i met Jesus.. I was pretty lost for words when i met Him all i could say was tank you for forgiving me and he gave me a hug.. :)

• Loved it! 1

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.93
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

16 hours ago, Frank Goad said:

Hi Frank, 

One time at approximately age 36 or so, I did have a very special experience of being before the Saviour in a dream. But I did not ask this, nor make a request to have what the Apostle Paul did. I think that's a bit over the top of expectancies. Few can claim to be have been on a similar level of spiritual revelation as him. John would be one however, and Peter yet another. God bless you. 

Shalom, 

David/BeauJangles

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.93
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

54 minutes ago, K9Buck said:

I think one asking Jesus to appear to them in a dream is inappropriate at best. 

Perhaps. I don't think we should be so bold as to think we could "summon" our Lord to appear before us in a dream or vision. This is according to His will and not of our own account. 

54 minutes ago, K9Buck said:

To me it's like saying "If you're real, jump through this hoop for me".

I would agree having this sort of attitude is a very poor and immature one. 

Edited by BeauJangles