• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  347
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,447
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

On 1/20/2020 at 1:41 PM, kenny2212 said:

I have noticed that people are behaving as if the Lord Jesus will never come back. But God said in his word in Revelation 22:12 that - "Look, I am coming soon! My reward is with me, and I will give to each person according to what they have done (NIV). 

I assume we all know God exists and know that what he says always comes to pass. The issue now is how to know which one of the various views about the bible is what God said. What I'm sure everyone would agree with me about is that no one's reward is on the earth. That's why it's called reward; it's given after a period of examination. Life on earth is the examination. This supports the idea of a rapture. God can't wait to give us our rewards he raptures us. The popular question is "when will the rapture happen?"

There are many answers to this question but the one I subscribe to is the one given in the Book of Revelation. Believers are present for part of the tribulation but not all of it. Some people say the rapture happens before the tribulation because of Rev. 4:1. I can't understand how anyone would say it represents the rapture. It was only John who was asked to come up; not all Christians. But the tribulation does start in chapter 4 because God doesn't get to open seals, trumpets and bowls every other day. The rapture happens in Rev. 6. I say so because of the multiplicity of seals on the scroll.Logically I don't think 1 seal would have been enough to reveal all the things God wanted to reveal. The trumpets and bowls are in the 7th seal. The seals contain all the things God wants to reveal and definitely the seals would touch the rapture. Which it does in Rev. 6:12-17 and Rev.7:9-17 (see also matt. 24:29-31). The sealed scroll is in the hand of God himself. The sealed scroll is the Book of Revelation. God protects his children from his (God's) wrath and raptures his children from man's wrath. The rapture happens before the Antichrist becomes the the Antichrist. If you are still here when the Antichrist becomes the Antichrist, brethren you've been left behind. Thank you.

We all have our own personal hermeneutics and beliefs. We should not let our views on non-essentials divide us as brothers and sisters in Christ; we are family. Furthermore I can't flat out state my view is the correct one, as the Bible does not definitively state exactly when the Rapture will occur. 

By the preponderance of the biblical evidence in many places; I'm of the opinion that Christians alive on earth will be 'forcefully caught up' sometime prior to the seven year tribulation. You reference chapter 4: of the book of Revelation. John is told to write the things that were, the things that are, and the things that will be [past-present-future]. We see that division in John's writings. In the first three chapters of Revelation, the church is mention 19 times, and not mentioned again until Revelation chapter 20:. 

I'm of the opinion the 24 Elders are a representation of the Raptured Church [12 Apostles & 12 tribes of Israel]. I think Revelation 4:1 is symbolic of the Rapture of the church. 

As I mentioned in another post:

1 Thessalonians 4:18 (KJV) Wherefore comfort one another with these words.

What comfort is there thinking or knowing you're going into the tribulation?

Again, just my thought process and always open to discussion and to compare our views.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,990
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,688
  • Content Per Day:  11.83
  • Days Won:  226

3 hours ago, Sonshine said:

Hi, muffet...  I don’t believe in the rapture theory.  I guess you know that by now. :)  ....but I’d just like you to consider the scriptures below.  In 2 Thess. 2:3, Paul wants us to understand...  Christ’s coming cannot happen until there is a falling away first, and then the man of sin, the son of perdition is revealed.  “Falling away” is #6427 in the Strong’s.  It is apostacia in the Greek, and it means a defection from the Truth.  Hope this makes sense.

2 Thessalonians 2:3-4 King James Version (KJV)

Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;

Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.

Time will tell whose theory is right. So in the mean time it really does not matter. 

• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  6,301
  • Content Per Day:  3.65
  • Days Won:  0

3 hours ago, HAZARD said:

. Jesus did not reveal this, it was revealed by Paul many years later in 1 Cor. 15:51. The disciples did not have the slightest idea as to how they were to escape, unless they thought that Christ would deliver them from these things through His power. The how was not revealed or even mentioned before Paul explained how they were to escape.

Here is what Paul said concerning our gathering back to Christ.  Seems once wasn't enough so he repeated it.  Seems twice wasn't enough so he went for a 3rd time just to be clear, crystal clear and absolutely clear.  

2 Thessalonians 2:1 Now we beseech you, brethren, by the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, and by our gathering together unto him,

2 That ye be not soonn shaken in mind, or be troubled, neither by spirit, nor by word, nor by letter as from us, as that the day of Christ is at hand.

3 Let no man deceive you by any means for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;  (THATS ONCE)

4 Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.

5 Remember ye not, that, when I was yet with you, I told you these things?

6 And now ye know what withholdeth that he might be revealed in his time.

7 For the mystery of iniquity doth already work: only he who now letteth will let, until he be taken out of the way.

8 And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming (THATS TWICE)

9 Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders,

10 And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved. (THATS THREE TIMES, WITH AN EXPLANATION OF WHY THEY WILL PERISH)

11 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie

12 That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

13 But we are bound to give thanks alway to God for you, brethren beloved of the Lord, because God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth:

14 Whereunto he called you by our gospel, to the obtaining of the glory of our Lord Jesus Christ.

15 Therefore, brethren, stand fast, and hold the traditions which ye have been taught, whether by word, or our epistle.

16 Now our Lord Jesus Christ himself, and God, even our Father, which hath loved us, and hath given us everlasting consolation and g2Thessalonians d hope through grace,

17 Comfort your hearts, and stablish you in every goodd word and work.

There is NO way Paul would have ever written these statements if there was not an "any moment now" doctrine starting back then and you can bet that delusion came upon them JUST SO Gods Word would CONTAIN the Truth for us.  Doesn't Eze 13 just give you great pause???  It is like it was written exactly about this pre fly away.  

4 hours ago, HAZARD said:

Jesus told the disciples that some would escape the terrible things that were to transpire on the Earth in the last days. He said, “Pray that you many be accounted worthy to escape all these things of,  Matt. 24, 25; Luke 21:1-19, 25-28, that shall come to pass, and stand before the Son of man,”  Luke 21:34-36. These two passages in Luke 21:34-36 and John 14:1-3 are the only ones in the Gospels that are clear concerning the Rapture..

A couple of verses does not a doctrine make.  Did they teach a pre trib rapture?  No, if they did it would be clear as day to everyone.  And how does one justify TELLING GOD what HE NEEDS to do for the accounted worthy "to escape"?  Did He rapture Lot?  Did He rapture Noah?  Did He rapture Shad, Mesh and Abed???  NOPE.  Did any of them suffer of anyones Wrath??  Stayed right here on earth and made it fine.  Have you ever checked out who He did rapture??  You believe the "churches" of today stand in comparison to them???  Have you read what Jesus thinks of those churches you claim are to be His bride?  

The Rapture of the church should never be confused with the second coming or second advent  of Christ, for He does not come to the earth at that time.

The rapsure of the church is NEVER confused with the second coming because THE SECOND COMING is the NEXT TIME He is coming.  Do you know that Jesus NEVER SPOKE A WORD, NOT a word of it as in not one single solitary word.    When He spoke of "RETURNING" it was never a half way deal.  He is returning as King of kings and Lord of Lords for the DAY of Vengeance.  Have you EVER considered what this doctrine does to take AWAY from the glory of the 2nd Advent of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ???

At the Rapture, the Lord comes from Heaven as far as the air, or Earthly Heavens and the saints will be caught up to meet Him in the air.

Have you rightly divided the Word here?  What is the subject Paul is speaking to?  Where the dead are.  So lets take a look together to see if we are being told about what is going on with our loved ones who have passed away or a "pre trib raptsure". 

1 Thessalonians 4:13 But I would not have you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning them which are asleep, that ye sorrow not, even as others which have no hope. 
(Paul gonna explain about those who have died)

1 Thessalonians 4:14 For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him.
(Paul tells us they are coming back when He returns)

1 Thessalonians 4:15 For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep.
(Paul saying that when Christ returns there will be those who are still "ALIVE", not dead, and they will not preceed those who have died as in God is the God of the living and not the dead)

1 Thessalonians 4:16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God and the dead in Christ shall rise first
(Paul describing what Christs return will sound like, when it will be, and how the dead will rise first, (I got a lot more here, but not for now))

1 Thessalonians 4:17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.
(Paul explaining how those who are alive will be caught up to meet the Lord in the air, the change of earthly to heavenly bodies as in  1 Corinth 15)

1 Thessalonians 4:18 Wherefore comfort one another with these words.
(Paul explaining to COMFORT one another with these words CONCERNING WHERE THERE LOVED ONES WHO HAVE DIED ARE AND WHEN THEY ARE RETURNING.  Notice there is NOTHING to do with Satan here.  There is nothing to do with any time OTHER than WHEN Christ RETURNS.  Nothing about the tribulation.  Just explanation on the dead.  But WAIT, there is more to follow.  What are we told??

1 Thessalonians 5:1 But of the times and the seasons, brethren, ye have no need that I write unto you.
(NOW Paul is going to bring up the WHEN they will return)

1 Thessalonians 5:2 For yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so cometh as a thief in the night.
(Paul telling them that THEY KNOW the Lord is coming IN THE NIGHT.  What does the NIGHT signify?  Who is of the light?  Who is of the dark?  Day good, Night bad.  IF THE LORD IS COMING AS A THIEF IN THE NIGHT, then SATAN is already here)

1 Thessalonians 5:3 For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden destruction cometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape.
(Paul telling what will be being "said" when Christ returns with their loved ones who have died.  Peace and safety.  Who will be selling a FAKE DOCTRINE of Peace and safety???  That would be Satan)

1 Thessalonians 5:4 But ye, brethren, are not in darkness, that that day should overtake you as a thief.
(Paul telling them or US that that day DOESN'T OVERTAKE THE CHILDREN OF LIGHT AS A THIEF.  Why?  because we have the knowledge of God under our belt so we know the order of events, we know Gods Plan.  We are expecting him and we know exactly when Christ will return in the way that we know the events that proceed His return and we know NOT to take his mark, which we would have to be here for)

1 Thessalonians 5:5 Ye are all the children of light, and the children of the day: we are not of the night, nor of darkness.

1 Thessalonians 5:6 Therefore let us not sleep, as do others; but let us watch and be sober.

1 Thessalonians 5:7 For they that sleep sleep in the night; and they that be drunken are drunken in the night.
(Paul referencing the "fallen angels, like in the day of Noah, who will be doing as they did before, so we KNOW the war in heaven has ended and they have been kicked to earth)

1 Thessalonians 5:8 But let us, who are of the day, be sober, putting on the breastplate of faith and love; and for an helmet, the hope of salvation.
(Paul back to telling us to put on the gospel armor, not for flight to the heaven which INCIDENTALLY  is standing in SILENCE for a half hour, though according to you there is a wedding taking place) 

1 Thessalonians 5:9 For God hath not appointed us to wrath, but to obtain salvation by our Lord Jesus Christ,
(Paul straight up telling us we are not appointed to wrath, SO DON'T WORRY about the wrath REMEMBER God is in control.  There is not a sparrow that falls to the ground that God is not aware of)

1 Thessalonians 5:10 Who died for us, that, whether we wake or sleep, we should live together with him.

1 Thessalonians 5:11 Wherefore comfort yourselves together, and edify one another, even as also ye do.

At least as far as I have studied it.  BUT if you have actual scripture, in context, I am more than willing to peruse it.  

Oh, and Satans wrath?  He wants Gods children to turn to him, he wants to steal them from God.  He wants to be God.  So he has to ACT like God would.  Not like some devil with a pitch fork.  

And  I still have not a clue of when that hour will be.  But once I see Satan fall to the earth, I will be able to start pinning it down,  but up until the exact moment he kills the two witnesses, I will not know, just like the bible says.  

• Thumbs Up 2

• Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  6,301
  • Content Per Day:  3.65

1 hour ago, Dennis1209 said:

By the preponderance of the biblical evidence in many places; I'm of the opinion that Christians alive on earth will be 'forcefully caught up' sometime prior to the seven year tribulation. You reference chapter 4: of the book of Revelation. John is told to write the things that were, the things that are, and the things that will be [past-present-future]. We see that division in John's writings. In the first three chapters of Revelation, the church is mention 19 times, and not mentioned again until Revelation chapter 20:. 

Revelation 2:7 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the tree of life, which is in the midst of the paradise of God.
Revelation 2:11 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; He that overcometh shall not be hurt of the second death.
Revelation 2:17 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the hidden manna, and will give him a white stone, and in the stone a new name written, which no man knoweth saving he that receiveth it.

I'll stop there.  Have you ever noticed that a "church" or a teaching is addressed YET in the end, it is the Individual who has an ear.  There can't be a church of God during Satans tribulation because ALL the churches will be deceived, they will all be Satans churches, not that the churches will know they are worshipping Satan.  He has deceived the world.  The world BELEIVES it is Christ returned.  They believe they are STILL worshipping God but they aren't anymore.  That is the great falling away.  Satan standing where he ought not proclaiming to be God and the WORLD FOLLOWS IN BELIEF, AN APOSTASY because they don't teach Gods Word.  They don't teach Satan is coming first.  They don't teach their congregations to PREPARE.  TO PUT ON THE GOSPEL ARMOR TO withstand the fiery darts of Satan.  They don't teach how to stay out of the system.  They don't teach what they are supposed to say in the byway.  They don't teach that you are not to premediate what you will say when taken for the ten day trial in which the HOLY SPIRIT will speak through you so that GOD CAN SAVE AS MANY OF HIS CHILDREN FROM THE DECEPTION as He can.  I'll stop here.  Please know, I am fighting for God.  I am fighting for Gods Children.  I need to get as many of Gods elect to come to knowledge so that we can get this show on the road.  I really believe the time is short.  So please take what I write with the love it is written.  I am fighting against the powers and principalities that have been running the Word of God into the ground the best I know how.  I hope it at least gives you a perspective you may have not had before.  That's all.  All glory be to God. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  49
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  359
  • Content Per Day:  0.14

5 hours ago, Neighbor said:

Hi,  Many have their reward immediately  or receive no reward at all. Matthew 6:1-21

...."That's why it's called reward; it's given after a period of examination."... - kenny2212

Well no, don't think so. Again Matthew 6 1-21 speaks otherwise, so it does not support anything.

The idea of a  pre-tribulation rapture is far from universal:

There are at least four camps of understanding: make that five, including the many that do not believe a rapture occurs at any time. There is pre-tribution, post tribulation, mid-tribulation, and pre-wrath camps of understanding of timing of a rapture of the church of Jesus Christ. Plus there are at least afew that advocation as many as seven raptures and one I know that believes a rolling rapture is occurring even now. Understanding  of a rapture is far from universal  within Christianity.

Matthew 6:1-21 does not say anything about the when and where the believer gets his/her reward.

Edited by kenny2212
To reduce text

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  950
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,532
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

7 hours ago, kenny2212 said:

Matthew 6:1-21 does not say anything about the when and where the believer gets his/her reward.

Matthew 6  ESV from Bible Gateway:

Matthew 6 “Beware of practicing your righteousness before other people in order to be seen by them, for then you will have no reward from your Father who is in heaven.

“Thus, when you give to the needy, sound no trumpet before you, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and in the streets, that they may be praised by others. Truly, I say to you, they have received their reward.  But when you give to the needy, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing,  so that your giving may be in secret. And your Father who sees in secret will reward you.

The Lord's Prayer

“And when you pray, you must not be like the hypocrites. For they love to stand and pray in the synagogues and at the street corners, that they may be seen by others. Truly, I say to you, they have received their reward. 6But when you pray, go into your room and shut the door and pray to your Father who is in secret. And your Father who sees in secret will reward you.

“And when you pray, do not heap up empty phrases as the Gentiles do, for they think that they will be heard for their many words.  Do not be like them, for your Father knows what you need before you ask him.  Pray then like this:

“Our Father in heaven,
hallowed be  your name.
 Your kingdom come,
your will be done,
    on earth as it is in heaven.
 Give us this day our daily bread,
 and forgive us our debts,
    as we also have forgiven our debtors.
 And lead us not into temptation,
    but deliver us from evil.[d]

For if you forgive others their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you, but if you do not forgive others their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.

Fasting

“And when you fast, do not look gloomy like the hypocrites, for they disfigure their faces that their fasting may be seen by others. Truly, I say to you, they have received their reward.  But when you fast, anoint your head and wash your face, that your fasting may not be seen by others but by your Father who is in secret. And your Father who sees in secret will reward you.

Lay Up Treasures in Heaven

“Do not lay up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and where thieves break in and steal,  but lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust destroys and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.

“The eye is the lamp of the body. So, if your eye is healthy, your whole body will be full of light,  but if your eye is bad, your whole body will be full of darkness. If then the light in you is darkness, how great is the darkness!

“No one can serve two masters, for either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve God and money.

Do Not Be Anxious

“Therefore I tell you, do not be anxious about your life, what you will eat or what you will drink, nor about your body, what you will put on. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothing?  Look at the birds of the air: they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not of more value than they?  And which of you by being anxious can add a single hour to his span of life? And why are you anxious about clothing? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow: they neither toil nor spin,  yet I tell you, even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these.  But if God so clothes the grass of the field, which today is alive and tomorrow is thrown into the oven, will he not much more clothe you, O you of little faith?  Therefore do not be anxious, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear?’  For the Gentiles seek after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them all.  But seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things will be added to you.

“Therefore do not be anxious about tomorrow, for tomorrow will be anxious for itself. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble.

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,399
  • Content Per Day:  0.43

I believe the rapture will happen on the day of the return of Jesus.. The Day of the LORD..

The Day of the Lord is the Day of the Messiah's Second Coming Jesus describes what will happen on that day. I will bold the words i wish you to take close note of.[/I]

Matthew 24

27For as the lightning comes from the east and flashes to the west, so also will the coming of the Son of Man be. 28For wherever the carcass is, there the eagles will be gathered together.

29 "Immediately after the tribulation of those days the sun will be darkened, and the moon will not give its light; the stars will fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens will be shaken. 30Then the sign of the Son of Man will appear in heaven, and then all the tribes of the earth will mourn, and they will see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of heaven with power and great glory. 31And He will send His angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they will gather together His elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.

So After the tribulation Jesus will return and gather the elect to Him.

There is another Rapture verse spoken of by Jesus that links the Day of the Lord to the Rapture.

Luke 17

29but on the day that Lot went out of Sodom it rained fire and brimstone from heaven and destroyed them all. 30Even so will it be in the day when the Son of Man is revealed. 31" In that day, he who is on the housetop, and his goods are in the house, let him not come down to take them away. And likewise the one who is in the field, let him not turn back. 32Remember Lot's wife. 33Whoever seeks to save his life will lose it, and whoever loses his life will preserve it. 34I tell you, in that night there will be two men in one bed: the one will be taken and the other will be left. 35Two women will be grinding together: the one will be taken and the other left. 36Two men will be in the field: the one will be taken and the other left."

When will the Son of Man (Messiah Jesus) be revealed? At His second coming the Day of the Lord. Who will take the sleeping man and the woman grinding and the man working in the field? The angels sent out in Matthew 24 verse 21

It is also nice to note that Jesus revealed that this will be a world wide event because at the time of His return it will be day on one half of the world "In that day" and it will be night on the other half of the world "in that night"

Also this will be an event that will take place in a twinkling of an eye Paul reveals the rapture and its timing at the Last trumpet this scripture is probably the best rapture supporting scripture in the bible:

1 Corrinthians15:

49And as we have borne the image of the man of dust, we shall also bear the image of the heavenly Man.

Here Paul is saying that as we inhabit earthly bodies derived from dust so shall we inhabit new bodies changed and not made of dust. Paul goes on to explain why:

50 Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; nor does corruption inherit incorruption.

So the bodies that we inhabit cannot enter the Kingdom of God and also "corruption" dead bodies must also be changed also. Then Paul reveals a mystery:

51Behold, I tell you a mystery: We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed-- 52in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, and the dead will be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.

So Paul is saying that "we shall not all sleep" now I hope everyone can agree that he is talking about physical death here? Paul is saying not everyone will experience physical death. He goes on to say that "we shall all be changed" both the dead and the living "in a moment", now at this point it could be argued that both the dead and the living could be changed in a moment in time, but at different times. That is to say the moment is only referring to the time it takes to change, not at the same moment. But we read on and Paul states the moment will be. "in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet." So not only shall both the living and the dead be changed to inherit the Kingdom of God But they will both change at the same moment, at the last trumpet. As He goes on to say "For the trumpet will sound, and the dead will be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed." Paul goes on to explain it in more detail:

53For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality. 54 So when this corruptible has put on incorruption, and this mortal has put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written: "Death is swallowed up in victory.

So here again we see Paul referring to the two states of being that the saints will be in at the time of the 1st Resurrection/Rapture "So when this corruptible has put on incorruption, and this mortal has put on immortality," Dead saints and living saints caught up together in a twinkling of an eye at the last trumpet.

So from what we have read the first resurrection and the rapture (although different experiences for them that take part) will happen at the same instant in time at the last trumpet.

So now we go on to the next scripture this is the last trumpet revealed in the book of Revelation:

Revelation10

7but in the days of the sounding of the seventh angel, when he is about to sound, the mystery of God would be finished, as He declared to His servants the prophets. 

Now the sounding of the seventh Angel is the last of a series of seven trumpets in revelation. Note that the scripture says the "Mystery of God would be finished" now the coming of the Messiah has been described by scripture at a coming in the sky (a darkened sky) and all people will see Him. Now after this event there will be on ifs or buts about the Mystery of God because all will see that God is and who He is. Everyone will know from that moment on, there will be no Mystery left. As for the darkening of the sky this is described as happening beforehand on the sounding of the forth trumpet:

Revelation 8

12 Then the fourth angel sounded: And a third of the sun was struck, a third of the moon, and a third of the stars, so that a third of them were darkened. A third of the day did not shine, and likewise the night.

Now This brings up the belief in two resurrections. The resurrection of the saints that happens at the second coming and the resurrection of the rest of mankind at the end of the 1000 years for the great final Judgement. The Book of Revelation chapter 20 clearly states that their will be two distinct resurrections one at the return of the Messiah Jesus and another at the end of the 1000 year reign of the Messiah Jesus:

Revelation 20

4 And I saw thrones, and they sat on them, and judgment was committed to them. Then I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded for their witness to Jesus and for the word of God, who had not worshiped the beast or his image, and had not received his mark on their foreheads or on their hands. And they lived and reigned with Christ for a thousand years. 5But the rest of the dead did not live again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection. 6Blessed and holy is he who has part in the first resurrection. Over such the second death has no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with Him a thousand years.

satanic Rebellion Crushed

(1) 7 Now when the thousand years have expired, Satan will be released from his prison 8and will go out to deceive the nations which are in the four corners of the earth, Gog and Magog, to gather them together to battle, whose number is as the sand of the sea. 9They went up on the breadth of the earth and surrounded the camp of the saints and the beloved city. And fire came down from God out of heaven and devoured them. 10The devil, who deceived them, was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone where[2] the beast and the false prophet are. And they will be tormented day and night forever and ever.

The Great White Throne Judgment

11 Then I saw a great white throne and Him who sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away. And there was found no place for them. 12And I saw the dead, small and great, standing before God,[3] and books were opened. And another book was opened, which is the Book of Life. And the dead were judged according to their works, by the things which were written in the books

• Content Count:  4,011
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  4

11 hours ago, missmuffet said:

Time will tell whose theory is right. So in the mean time it really does not matter. 

It matters in that people only prepare for what they expect to encounter.  Jesus told us ahead of time what those days would be like for a reason.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Content Count:  4,011
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  4

12 hours ago, Dennis1209 said:

Furthermore I can't flat out state my view is the correct one, as the Bible does not definitively state exactly when the Rapture will occur. 

A good place to start is to seek out what is meant by the last trumpet and what's meant by the last day because those are explicitly stated timing markers concerning the immortal resurrection of those who are Christ's.  The hardest part I think is being honest with the truth and not letting our biases keep us from seeing it.

• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  347
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,447
  • Content Per Day:  2.70

1 hour ago, Sonshine said:

For this reason, God will shorten the time of the great tribulation.

Morning there Sonshine!

You brought up a point I'd like to hear your thoughts on? Another one of those things I've pondered on and Selah. 

Throughout the Bible, the tribulation is fixed and established as seven years of 360 day years; or 1,260 days + 1,260 days, correct?

Therefore; was this tribulation originally scheduled to be longer, and shortened to seven years least all of man be destroyed? 

Or... Is the scheduled seven year period going to be shortened?

Or.. Is there another possibility? Could something happen to shorten the time, by how we currently measure time?