• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,987
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  4

3 minutes ago, Dennis1209 said:

Morning there Sonshine!

You brought up a point I'd like to hear your thoughts on? Another one of those things I've pondered on and Selah. 

Throughout the Bible, the tribulation is fixed and established as seven years of 360 day years; or 1,260 days + 1,260 days, correct?

Therefore; was this tribulation originally scheduled to be longer, and shortened to seven years least all of man be destroyed? 

Or... Is the scheduled seven year period going to be shortened?

Or.. Is there another possibility? Could something happen to shorten the time, by how we currently measure time?

If I may . . .

• For then there will be a great tribulation, such as has not occurred since the beginning of the world until now, nor ever will.  Matthew 24:21
  • And there will be a time of distress such as never occurred since there was a nation until that time.  Daniel 12:1b

These two verses speak of the same thing, the time of great distress, and both link its beginning to the abomination of desolation.  Daniel goes on to tell us that it lasts for 3.5 years.  The great tribulation lasts for 3.5 years.  It will affect both believers and unbelievers, although in different ways.  When it begins, believers are being intensely persecuted as the mark and the image become law.  What is shortened is the intensity of the persecution, not the 3.5 years. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  344
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,393
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

39 minutes ago, Last Daze said:

If I may . . .

• For then there will be a great tribulation, such as has not occurred since the beginning of the world until now, nor ever will.  Matthew 24:21
  • And there will be a time of distress such as never occurred since there was a nation until that time.  Daniel 12:1b

These two verses speak of the same thing, the time of great distress, and both link its beginning to the abomination of desolation.  Daniel goes on to tell us that it lasts for 3.5 years.  The great tribulation lasts for 3.5 years.  It will affect both believers and unbelievers, although in different ways.  When it begins, believers are being intensely persecuted as the mark and the image become law.  What is shortened is the intensity of the persecution, not the 3.5 years. 

Matthew 24:22 (KJV) And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the elect's sake those days shall be shortened. [emphasis added]

Days [ἡμέρα hēméra] - the time space between dawn and dark; or the whole 24 hours. 

How and where does "intensity" fit in with measurement of days, and if not shortened?

• Group:  Royal Member

3 minutes ago, Dennis1209 said:

Matthew 24:22 (KJV) And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the elect's sake those days shall be shortened. [emphasis added]

Days [ἡμέρα hēméra] - the time space between dawn and dark; or the whole 24 hours. 

How and where does "intensity" fit in with measurement of days, and if not shortened?

those days   which days?

There is an intense, unfettered persecution of believers going on when the "worship or die" ultimatum is issued at the fifth seal.  That time of intense persecution ends when the sixth seal is opened and the time of God's judgment/wrath begins.  People will be dealing with the effects of the seven plagues and are unable to prosecute the "worship or die" ultimatum as they had been previously.  The days of intense persecution are shortened because of the plagues.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  344
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,393
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

8 minutes ago, Last Daze said:

those days   which days?

There is an intense, unfettered persecution of believers going on when the "worship or die" ultimatum is issued at the fifth seal.  That time of intense persecution ends when the sixth seal is opened and the time of God's judgment/wrath begins.  People will be dealing with the effects of the seven plagues and are unable to prosecute the "worship or die" ultimatum as they had been previously.  The days of intense persecution are shortened because of the plagues.

Yes, I concur, there's going to be intense persecution, seals, vials, bowls and trumpets, pain, suffering; gets much worse in the last 3.5 years starting at the AOD, with the wrath of God, etc. I got all that...

But what does any of that have to do with the shortening of literal 24 hour days of the tribulation, or any part or portion of the tribulation? It doesn't say anything about the persecution, pain, seals or judgments being shortened or lessened, but the length of 'time' [days], but for the elects sake, so that all flesh would not be destroyed and there would be a remanent of survivors. The sheep / goat judgment and those allowed to enter into the millennium. 

You seem to be fixated with the last half of the tribulation? Do you agree the last half of the tribulation will be 1,260 literal days, as given three ways in the Bible? Those days, except those days, literal days of what? Length of time. 

Perhaps I'm misunderstanding what you're trying to convey?

2 minutes ago, Dennis1209 said:

Yes, I concur, there's going to be intense persecution, seals, vials, bowls and trumpets, pain, suffering; gets much worse in the last 3.5 years starting at the AOD, with the wrath of God, etc. I got all that...

But what does any of that have to do with the shortening of literal 24 hour days of the tribulation, or any part or portion of the tribulation? It doesn't say anything about the persecution, pain, seals or judgments being shortened or lessened, but the length of 'time' [days], but for the elects sake, so that all flesh would not be destroyed and there would be a remanent of survivors. The sheep / goat judgment and those allowed to enter into the millennium. 

You seem to be fixated with the last half of the tribulation? Do you agree the last half of the tribulation will be 1,260 literal days, as given three ways in the Bible? Those days, except those days, literal days of what? Length of time. 

Perhaps I'm misunderstanding what you're trying to convey?

No worries, brother.  We'll know more as things unfold.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,053
  • Content Per Day:  6.66
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  01/09/1956

2 hours ago, Last Daze said:

If I may . . .

I don't see this in a plain reading of the scripture verse. Why do you believe this?

29 minutes ago, Alive said:

I don't see this in a plain reading of the scripture verse. Why do you believe this?

Because 3.5 years lasts for 3.5 years.  Given the context of the great tribulation, what else might it be?

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,053
  • Content Per Day:  6.66
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  01/09/1956

3 minutes ago, Last Daze said:

Because 3.5 years lasts for 3.5 years.  Given the context of the great tribulation, what else might it be?

I suppose there are possibilities regarding the Lord knowing ahead of time. I don't know, but I just don't see that in the language. I don't see 'intensity'. I see a reference to duration.

46 minutes ago, Alive said:

I suppose there are possibilities regarding the Lord knowing ahead of time. I don't know, but I just don't see that in the language. I don't see 'intensity'. I see a reference to duration.

Can you provide an example of God's duration mind-change?

52 minutes ago, Alive said:

Something to think about:

• And one said to the man dressed in linen, who was above the waters of the river, “How long will it be until the end of these wonders?”  I heard the man dressed in linen, who was above the waters of the river, as he raised his right hand and his left toward heaven, and swore by Him who lives forever that it would be for a time, times, and half a time; and as soon as they finish shattering the power of the holy people, all these events will be completed.  Daniel 12:6-7

Does that sound like something that's going to get cut short?