• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,776
  • Content Per Day:  1.29
  • Days Won:  2

44 minutes ago, DeighAnn said:

You do know the Bible clearly states the Cain is not Adams.  I can understand why ABEL isn't in there, he had no offspring.  But CAIN, he had lots of lineage.  But it isn't just that Cain is not in Adams but Adam is not listed in Cains either.  

#DeighAnn

Try reading the actual Bible where it states that Adam is the father of Cain and it was OF GOD.  The literal and biological father.

Genesis 4:1-2 = "Adam made love to his wife Eve, and she became pregnant and gave birth to Cain. She said, “With the help of the Lord I have brought forth a man.” Later she gave birth to his brother Abel."

The lineage you cite in Genesis 5 is the lineage from which Christ comes.  Christ is from Seth's lineage of Adam.  Adam and Eve, the Bible says had many sons and daughters.  But ONLY ONE of their children's ancestors led to Christ.  That was Seth.

Edited by Jayne

• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  6,301
  • Content Per Day:  3.70
  • Days Won:  0

1 minute ago, George said:

The problem is the whole idea of "Serpent" seed as if Satan has "seed" like men do.   It's a racist doctrine from its root.  Ask yourself this simple question ... have you ever seen a REVIVAL birthed out of this doctrine?  

If not ... then it's a doctrine used to DIVIDE ...

That's the true TEST of any DOCTRINE ... what is its fruit?  

Then would you tell me what God is saying in Genesis 3:14, 15 and 16.  And why Cain is not in ADAMS genealogy?  I believe that EVERYWORD as written by God is perfect, without flaw.  I believe that if there is ever a misunderstanding it is ALWAYS on the part of man, NEVER ON THE WORD.  I believe we are in the end generation and very soon the famine for the Word of God will be in full swing.  I know there is evil in this world.  People who are of this world do the things of this world, and want nothing to do with God.  I have experienced it in my life.  It took me ALOT ALOT ALOT before I had to admit that not everyone has a good side.  I literally had to experience more evil than should have been necessary to  open my eyes to this truth.  But I needed to have my eyes opened.   And Christ says 

Luke 12:51 Suppose ye that I am come to give peace on earth? I tell you, Nay; but rather division:

Luke 12:52 For from henceforth there shall be five in one house divided, three against two, and two against three.

Luke 12:53 The father shall be divided against the son, and the son against the father; the mother against the daughter, and the daughter against the mother; the mother in law against her daughter in law, and the daughter in law against her mother in law.

Luke 12:54 And he said also to the people, When ye see a cloud rise out of the west, straightway ye say, There cometh a shower; and so it is.

Luke 12:55 And when ye see the south wind blow, ye say, There will be heat; and it cometh to pass.

Luke 12:56 Ye hypocrites, ye can discern the face of the sky and of the earth; but how is it that ye do not discern this time?

Luke 12:57 Yea, and why even of yourselves judge ye not what is right?

Luke 12:58 When thou goest with thine adversary to the magistrate, as thou art in the way, give diligence that thou mayest be delivered from him; lest he hale thee to the judge, and the judge deliver thee to the officer, and the officer cast thee into prison.

How are we to get to the teachings of the Church of Smyrna and Philadelphia?  Do we just skip this part and start in the middle because we don't like it?         Please someone give me AN ALTERNATIVE.   SOMEONE explain how I am reading it wrong.  And if not where is it safe to start?  Or do we not teach the synagogue of Satan.  If we are not supposed to then WHY did Jesus mention it?  

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  55,868
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

7 minutes ago, DeighAnn said:

Ok. Skipping Arnolds teaching then, could you please, explain to me why God would use these Hebrew and Greek words to describe the disobedience in the garden  Because I can THINK OF many many different words God could have used to describe Satan tricking Eve and getting her to eat a piece of fruit, and I can come up with many different punishments for it.  So why, if it is so far off the mark did God use THESE WORDS???

Genesis 3:6 And when the woman saw that the tree was good for food, and that it was pleasant to the eyes, and a tree to be desired to make one wise, she took of the fruit thereof, and did eat, and gave also unto her husband with her; and he did eat.

Genesis 3:7 And the eyes of them both were opened, and they knew that they were naked; and they sewed fig leaves together, and made themselves aprons.

Genesis 3:8 And they heard the voice of the LORD God walking in the garden in the cool of the day: and Adam and his wife hid themselves from the presence of the LORD God amongst the trees of the garden.

Genesis 3:9 And the LORD God called unto Adam, and said unto him, Where art thou?

Genesis 3:10 And he said, I heard thy voice in the garden, and I was afraid, because I was naked; and I hid myself.

Genesis 3:11 And he said, Who told thee that thou wast naked? Hast thou eaten of the tree, whereof I commanded thee that thou shouldest not eat?

Genesis 3:12 And the man said, The woman whom thou gavest to be with me, she gave me of the tree, and I did eat.

Genesis 3:13 And the LORD God said unto the woman, What is this that thou hast done? And the woman said, The serpent beguiled me, and I did eat.

Genesis 3:14 And the LORD God said unto the serpent, Because thou hast done this, thou art cursed above all cattle, and above every beast of the field; upon thy belly shalt thou go, and dust shalt thou eat all the days of thy life:

Genesis 3:15 And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her Seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.

Genesis 3:16 Unto the woman he said, I will greatly multiply thy sorrow and thy conception; in sorrow thou shalt bring forth children; and thy desire shall be to thy husband, and he shall rule over thee.

So God has used 'DESIRE, NAKED, BEGUILED, SEED, CONCEPTION, LOINCLOTHES'

SEED = OFFSPRING IN 3:15   WHY does GOD, the creator of LANGUAGE, USE "offspring" and follows with
3:16 To the woman He said "I will greatly multiply Your pain in CHILDBIRTH, in pain will you BRING FORTH CHILDREN, Yet your desire will be for your husband and he will rule over you"

One thing I am positive of is when I stand in front of GOD on Judgment day, IF I am wrong, I am going to ask  "Why are those the THE WORDS YOU USED because they LEAD ME TO BELIEVE......"    AND that is the answer I received when praying for YOUR truth. 

Only reinforced it by 

John 8:43 Why do ye not understand my speech? even because ye cannot hear my word.

John 8:44 Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

How am I supposed to believe that the 1st child Adam and Eve created was jealous, had no respect unto God, was a liar and a murderer??  Just completely at odds in every way with God.  And the most likely of explanations is right there in the WORDS GOD USED.   

Their first child should have been well, EXACTLY like ABEL, righteous, obedient,  someone who loved and respected God.    

John 8:45 And because I tell you the truth, ye believe me not.

John 8:46 Which of you convinceth me of sin? And if I say the truth, why do ye not believe me?

John 8:47 He that is of God heareth God's words: ye therefore hear them not, because ye are not of God.

John 8:48 Then answered the Jews, and said unto him, Say we not well that thou art a Samaritan, and hast a devil?

John 8:49 Jesus answered, I have not a devil; but I honour my Father, and ye do dishonour me.

Matthew 13:37 He answered and said unto them, He that soweth the good seed is the Son of man;

Matthew 13:38 The field is the world; the good seed are the children of the kingdom; but the tares are the children of the wicked one;

Matthew 13:39 The enemy that sowed them is the devil; the harvest is the end of the world; and the reapers are the angels.

Matthew 13:40 As therefore the tares are gathered and burned in the fire; so shall it be in the end of this world.

John 3:10 In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil: whosoever doeth not righteousness is not of God, neither he that loveth not his brother.

2  Corinthians 11:2 For I am jealous over you with godly jealousy: for I have espoused you to one husband, that I may present you as a chaste virgin to Christ.

2  Corinthians 11:3 But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ.

2  Corinthians 11:4 For if he that cometh preacheth another Jesus, whom we have not preached, or if ye receive another spirit, which ye have not received, or another gospel, which ye have not accepted, ye might well bear with him.

To wholly seduce, deceive.  

If you were just reading a story and it wasn't in the Bible, so you had no preconceived ideas, What would you believe the story would be about?  Eating a piece of fruit?  

Here is my problem.  In the very last book of the Bible, there are just the 2 churches Christ approves of.  They both teach about the synagogue of Satan.  If this isn't the beginning of that "family" where do I find it?  Because from all my research, it starts right there, genetics and all. It is his ancestors that go and live where God will be sending His children, they move to the priests duties, they then claim to be Jews.....   If it walks like a duck, and it talks like a duck, and acts like a duck, and has offspring that are ducks, how is it not a duck?  But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ.  

I have asked "How do you explain it" using Gods Words and not your own explanations, and all I get is I am wrong and no one to teach me the acceptable and considered  "right" way.  So I look forward to it.

ann,  you need to learn how to adjust the fonts in your posts for a bunch of us old folks can't see that small.

To your other points remember 1,658 years after Adam was created God killed every living/breathing on planet earth....    Noah and his sons were found to be perfect in their generations and were genetically pure.....     Satan's seed will com or has come more in tune with "Rosemary's Baby" than anything concerning Eve as the theory of the Serpent seed states.

Secondly Genesis states very plainly that Adam knew his wife (Bibles polite way of saying they had sex) and she conceived Cain....    Nowhere that I have read over the years has the Bible said that Satan himself fathered any children.    The Sons of God did and caused the birth of the Nephilim, but the 200 angels that did that are locked away in Tartarus until judgement day.

You are putting words together that don't belong and not understanding the meanings of some of the KJV language.    It is a natural kind of knowledge that women's birth seems to be much more painful than the animals I've helped give birth....   cats, dogs, cows, horses, goats and sheep...    Where it states that Satan Begiled her, the Hebrew word is simply saying deceived not anything special.   Adam and eve did not understand what was right and what was wrong so it would be very natural for them to understand that being naked was not a good thing and they should cover up.....    later on in history we are told this in later books of the old Testament.

i'm having a lot of trouble in deciding exactly what it is that you are trying to tell us...   If it is that the Serpent Seed theory is a fact as the gnostic teachers put it, it is just not scriptural.

To specifically answer this question ((((If you were just reading a story and it wasn't in the Bible, so you had no preconceived ideas, What would you believe the story would be about?  Eating a piece of fruit? ))))   The first time I read the Bible it was just a story and had no preconceived ideas and I thought the story was about a man and a woman who was told not to do something and they did it because of a snake tricked the woman into eating it, and were going to be punished severely for it....    and it wasn't until I had read much of the new Testament that I understood the prophecy of Jesus coming and as Paul Harvey would say, the rest of the story...    Because once you have read the whole thing about 50 times you get the knowledge that you can't take a word here and there and make up things about it...….    especially if you are trying to use 150 year old language that is a translation of a two thousand year old language.....    The Bible isn't just words to read it is whole thoughts and ideas.

35 minutes ago, George said:

What you fail to comprehend ... is everyone that is DEAD to SIN before they are born again ... is part of the Kingdom of Darkness!

I thought we died to sin when we are born again?  Now I am really confused.  

15 minutes ago, DeighAnn said:

Then would you tell me what God is saying in Genesis 3:14, 15 and 16.  And why Cain is not in ADAMS genealogy? 

All of Cains offspring died in the flood....    not necessarily the first born that was chosen for the bloodline of Jesus...     Jacob would be a good example.   And as Maryjane wrote, the line had to go through Noah for he's the only one in his generation that lived to have kids...   

Why do you think that Cain would be in Jesus line...    God didn't pick those in the bloodline just because of their birth positions.

15 minutes ago, other one said:

ann,  you need to learn how to adjust the fonts in your posts for a bunch of us old folks can't see that small.

To your other points remember 1,658 years after Adam was created God killed every living/breathing on planet earth....    Noah and his sons were found to be perfect in their generations and were genetically pure.....     Satan's seed will com or has come more in tune with "Rosemary's Baby" than anything concerning Eve as the theory of the Serpent seed states.

Secondly Genesis states very plainly that Adam knew his wife (Bibles polite way of saying they had sex) and she conceived Cain....    Nowhere that I have read over the years has the Bible said that Satan himself fathered any children.    The Sons of God did and caused the birth of the Nephilim, but the 200 angels that did that are locked away in Tartarus until judgement day.

You are putting words together that don't belong and not understanding the meanings of some of the KJV language.    It is a natural kind of knowledge that women's birth seems to be much more painful than the animals I've helped give birth....   cats, dogs, cows, horses, goats and sheep...    Where it states that Satan Begiled her, the Hebrew word is simply saying deceived not anything special.   Adam and eve did not understand what was right and what was wrong so it would be very natural for them to understand that being naked was not a good thing and they should cover up.....    later on in history we are told this in later books of the old Testament.

i'm having a lot of trouble in deciding exactly what it is that you are trying to tell us...   If it is that the Serpent Seed theory is a fact as the gnostic teachers put it, it is just not scriptural.

To specifically answer this question ((((If you were just reading a story and it wasn't in the Bible, so you had no preconceived ideas, What would you believe the story would be about?  Eating a piece of fruit? ))))   The first time I read the Bible it was just a story and had no preconceived ideas and I thought the story was about a man and a woman who was told not to do something and they did it because of a snake tricked the woman into eating it, and were going to be punished severely for it....    and it wasn't until I had read much of the new Testament that I understood the prophecy of Jesus coming and as Paul Harvey would say, the rest of the story...    Because once you have read the whole thing about 50 times you get the knowledge that you can't take a word here and there and make up things about it...….    especially if you are trying to use 150 year old language that is a translation of a two thousand year old language.....    The Bible isn't just words to read it is whole thoughts and ideas.

Thank you for that response.  Everyone has now told me how wrong I am.  So please, expain these 3 verses.  

Genesis 3:14 And the LORD God said unto the serpent, Because thou hast done this, thou art cursed above all cattle, and above every beast of the field; upon thy belly shalt thou go, and dust shalt thou eat all the days of thy life:

Genesis 3:15 And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her Seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.

Genesis 3:16 Unto the woman he said, I will greatly multiply thy sorrow and thy conception; in sorrow thou shalt bring forth children; and thy desire shall be to thy husband, and he shall rule over thee.

Now one thing I am sure of is Jesus called the rulers of the temple "vipers" which certainly fulfills the prophecy stated above in which "thou shalt bruise his heel" or at least "vipers" did.  

Matthew 12:25 And Jesus knew their thoughts, and said unto them, Every kingdom divided against itself is brought to desolation; and every city or house divided against itself shall not stand:

Matthew 12:26 And if Satan cast out Satan, he is divided against himself; how shall then his kingdom stand?

Matthew 12:27 And if I by Beelzebub cast out devils, by whom do your children cast them out? therefore they shall be your judges.

Matthew 12:28 But if I cast out devils by the Spirit of God, then the kingdom of God is come unto you.

Matthew 12:29 Or else how can one enter into a strong man's house, and spoil his goods, except he first bind the strong man? and then he will spoil his house.

Matthew 12:30 He that is not with me is against me; and he that gathereth not with me scattereth abroad.

Matthew 12:31 Wherefore I say unto you, All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men: but the blasphemy against the Holy Ghost shall not be forgiven unto men.

Matthew 12:32 And whosoever speaketh a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but whosoever speaketh against the Holy Ghost, it shall not be forgiven him, neither in this world, neither in the world to come.

Matthew 12:33 Either make the tree good, and his fruit good; or else make the tree corrupt, and his fruit corrupt: for the tree is known by his fruit.

Matthew 12:34 O generation of vipers, how can ye, being evil, speak good things? for out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaketh.

Matthew 12:35 A good man out of the good treasure of the heart bringeth forth good things: and an evil man out of the evil treasure bringeth forth evil things.

17 minutes ago, maryjayne said:

Because the Jesus genealogy leads through Noah, who was a descendant of Seth. It was a genealogy of lineage flowing in that direction to get to Jesus and back again. 

Just as my genealogy is different from my cousins as, although we have common decendents, my line is through my mother, not theirs.

Could you give me your explanation of what God is saying here 

Genesis 3:15 And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.

10 minutes ago, DeighAnn said:

Thank you for that response.  Everyone has now told me how wrong I am.  So please, expain these 3 verses.  

Now one thing I am sure of is Jesus called the rulers of the temple "vipers" which certainly fulfills the prophecy stated above in which "thou shalt bruise his heel" or at least "vipers" did.  

Ann, they were acting like vipers.  As have many others including Paul until Jesus paid him a visit .    it did fulfil the bruising of Jesus heel, but it was Satan himself that drove the rulers of the temple and the Roman government to kill Jesus.  I guess you might have to have dealt with the dark one personally yourself to understand that....    concerning the serpent being thrown onto his belly, I do not believe that is was Satan himself that was the serpent, but the serpent doing the bidding of Satan.    Satan is a very high Archangel and does not crawl around on his belly..... 

I might also add since I'm editing this that I don't know very many people who like snakes....   I really don't like the one that bit me on the foot years ago...   so you might say that little prophecy was actually a warning to me that I didn't heed very well....   took me 6 weeks to get over the bite...    but I wasn't really a born again Christian then so there you go.

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,776
  • Content Per Day:  1.29
  • Days Won:  2

10 minutes ago, DeighAnn said:

Could you give me your explanation of what God is saying here 

Genesis 3:15 And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.

God has punished Adam and Eve and now the serpent.  What was his wrongdoing?  He lied to Eve, deceived her about the truth, and tempting her/Adam into sin.

He put enmity - being enemies between the serpent and the woman - his seed and her seed. 

• What woman and what seed?  In one sense, Eve, and with her being the mother of all the living, all of the living generally abhor the devil, the serpent.  In another sense, Mary, and her son Jesus.  Specifically, the saved and spiritually righteous.
  •  What seed of the serpent?  Those of a spiritual affinity with the devil.  The lost, those who hate God, those who chase after the devil and his demonic influence.

This in no way refers to the devil and Eve having sex and producing a line of demonic people.

Seed doesn't always mean semen.

The Jews are called "Abraham's seed".  They literally came biologically from Abraham.  Gentile Christians, well, all Christians are called "Abraham's seed" [Galatians; Romans] but I highly doubt that I have any DNA connection to Abraham.

Sometimes in the Bible, "seed" is a spiritual thing.

• Steward

• Group:  Steward
  • Followers:  110
  • Topic Count:  10,460
  • Topics Per Day:  1.26
  • Content Count:  27,738
  • Content Per Day:  3.34
  • Days Won:  126
  • Birthday:  09/21/1971

3 hours ago, DeighAnn said:

I thought we died to sin when we are born again?  Now I am really confused.

We die to sin when you are born again ... but as soon as we're alive ... we're dead in our trespasses and sins.  It's not till we're born again that we are truly alive.

Eph 2:1  And you were dead in the trespasses and sins 
Eph 2:2  in which you once walked, following the course of this world, following the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that is now at work in the sons of disobedience—