IGNORED

Why does the Catholic Church recognize books not recognized by Protestants?

Guest K9Buck

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,776
  • Content Per Day:  1.29
  • Days Won:  2

On 1/20/2020 at 8:44 PM, K9Buck said:

Either way, how do we know who has it right?

Why did God allow it to get so convoluted?

I.  I don't think it's convoluted.  It's very simple.  Read them.  If there is contradiction to the Bible, they are out.

2 For example, Maccabees and Tobit both teach giving money to absolve you from your sins and even giving money to save people after they are dead.  That 100% in contradiction to the Bible.  There you go, they are out.

II.  The Jews did not have the Apocrypha as part of their scriptures.  Their scriptures and Protest/Catholic Old Testament is the same.  When the Jews were in exile, they learned other languages - and the world became a little smaller.  Then comes Alexander the Great and his warriors [who spoke a common man's Greek - Koine Greek].  As Alexander conquered the known world and his warriors was spread everywhere, people found Koine Greek the easiest way to converse with others who come from a different culture.  God knew what he was doing here.

Sooo…..

Somewhere around 300 BC to 100 BC [I don't remember the EXACT years], the Hebrew people decided to translate the Hebrew Old Testament into Koine Greek.  This was the first translation.  It was for letting everyone have access to the scriptures [what we call the Old Testament].  The Hebrew language was dwindling down.

This first translation was called the Septuagint.  Now, also during this same time or a little before, people started writing stories to go along with the Tanakh [Old Testament].  Why?  Why do people do any dumb things trying to "help God out".  Somehow, and I don't have the answer for this [and I have TRIED and RESEARCHED], the translators of the Hebrew Bible, added some of those stories to the book of scriptures.  

They were never considered divine scriptures and people fought this from the beginning of their existence.

It was always, No!  Get them out! or Yes! They stay!   Finally, if you can believe it, Martin Luther was the first to put the whole thing together somewhere in the 16th century - Old Testament, Apocrypha in the middle, New Testament.  Some put it as an appendix.

It wasn't until the 19th century, that it was officially taken out of the King James Bible.

You see, no convolution.   Just people who read their Bibles, know the truth, vs. people who never read it at all.

• 3 weeks later...

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  105
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0

truthseekersasciencespiritual.blogspot.com/

Christianity, the Religion

1. BABYLON, THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS

In this section I must implore you, the reader, to set aside your natural concepts. I must re-emphasize that such concepts will lead you to consider good as always being from God, causing you to be fooled by Satan's master work. If you want to see things from the spiritual point of view‑ the reality behind the outward appearance‑ you must lay aside personal opinion in order to have an open mind, especially in the subject that we will now consider. All that I ask is that your evaluation of what I have to say be objective, rational, and honest. It is not my intention to criticize any individuals or to question their sincerity‑ that is between them and the Lord‑ but it is necessary that I expose certain categories of people, so if the shoe fits so be it.

From this point on, understand that whenever the term "Christianity" is used in this book, it does not include Roman Catholicism; Christianity will refer to all organized religion that is ostensibly following Christ and that does not contain any heretical teachings or practices. Catholicism is not even a Christian religion.

Author's Note:

There are two women at the end of this age who claim to have a relationship with Christ.

One woman is the pure, holy, spotless, and without wrinkles bride of Christ. Nothing indicates her size; only her purity and singleness of heart are portrayed.

The other woman is a great harlot with many daughters. She claims Christ as her husband, but is in reality married to the satanic world system. She is depicted as great, powerful, world‑wide, rich, and full of fornication and idolatry.

At the time of the uploading of this book (2000), the most accurate estimates are that the priesthood of the Roman Catholic Church has an HIV‑AIDS infection rate somewhere between 8 and 11 times that of the general population. This is pure, and this is holy? Again, which of these two women is the accurate depiction of the Roman Catholic Church?

COME  OUT OF HER MY PEOPLE!!!

THIS IS THE DESPARATE PLEA OF OUR HUSBAND TO ALL OF HIS LOVERS TO SEPARATE THEMSEVES FROM ALL OF THE WORLD SYSTEM!!!

WHY???  SO THAT  THEY BE MARRIED NOW IN THEIR BEING TO HIM!!!

Who are the harlot daughters of Babylon? In order to realize the answer to this question, we must realize the Scriptural implications of the word 'harlot.' According to Ezekiel Chapter 16, Jeremiah Chapter 51, and Isaiah Chapter 47, a harlot in the eye of God is one who claims to belong to God but is in actuality unfaithful due to prostituting herself to the world system. A harlot in God's eyes, then, is anyone who pollutes the things of God by mixing them with the things of the world.

There is, however, one very important difference between the Old Testament descriptions of Israel's harlotry and the descriptions of this New Testament harlot. Whereas Israel was an unfaithful wife who could legitimately claim God as her husband, the Lord has never recognized any claim made upon him by Babylon. Consequently, He refers to her as "that woman," "the great whore," and "a woman." Babylon can never legitimately claim to be the Lord's purpose or intention.

If you are a believer in Babylon, most likely you have been told that as long as you are saved, everything is okay: you will be raptured to heaven before the Tribulation starts and live happily ever after. Do you know what the main purpose of the Tribulation is? The main purpose of the Tribulation is not, strictly speaking, to punish the world. The judgment of the world occurs after the Tribulation. Why does God allow the bad time of the Tribulation to occur‑ is God cruel? Certainly not! The main purpose of the Tribulation is to mature in Christ the majority of Christians, who have allowed so many things to interfere with their spiritual growth. As we will see in Chapter Nine, most Christians will still be here on the Earth during the Tribulation. Do not accept the lie that as long as you are saved, your problems are over.

And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues. (Rev. 18:4 Intl. Greek)

1. Religion is man's attempt to please God with his own capability. The source of religion is the self (the natural man), the expression of the fallen nature of man's flesh upon his corrupted soul.

2. In total opposition to religion is Jesus Christ, the complete God and perfect man. This is God's provision for man to believe into and receive in order to fully meet every requirement and desire of God‑ to thoroughly enable man to become fully one with God in life and nature (but NOT in His Godhead) in order to co‑inhere with the Triune God for eternity.

3. If my dear brothers and sisters in religion were in reality following the living, present person of Christ Himself they would not be divided. Instead, they have become captives of an evil counterfeit system. Their hearts have deceived them into ‘doing what is right in their own minds’- resulting in worshipping God according to their concept and preference. Even the unbelievers know this, their accurate observation is: "If Jesus Christ is real, then why are there so many kinds of Christians?" "Come out of her, my people" is His urgent call. Do not try to improve or change her, come out of her.

The oneness among believers is what we value the least, and what Satan fears the most. My dearest eternal family (those in Babylon still), will you forsake your opinions and preferences so that the Lord can use you as material for the fulfillment of the greatest prophesy in the Bible: "I will build my church". Open up to and pray over John 17:20‑21 to the Lord and may He impart this ultimate desire of His heart into your heart.

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,437
  • Content Per Day:  0.91
  • Days Won:  0

Old KJV had the apochrypha in the middle between old and new testaments.

It was not considered to be part of the Word.

It was there only for cultural reference to aid the later reader in understanding more about the nature of society in those past times.

One may wonder, why not have it in a separate book. But remember back in those days books were still relatively rare... and so...

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  26
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,602
  • Content Per Day:  4.02
  • Days Won:  21

On 1/22/2020 at 12:52 AM, Dennis1209 said:

Much to much to discuss and explain. Google "Stewarton Bible School", they have a free downloadable pamphlet explaining how and where we get the Bible.

I prefer Dr. Michael Heiser's explanations. They are scholarly and accurate. Trust not gulag (goggle).

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1

3 minutes ago, nzkev said:

Does Dr Heiser make Heiserians :) 

Dr. Heiser uses peer review scholarship in all his works and lectures. He admits that none of this is his own work but a gathering and presentation so that the church may be well informed.

• Thumbs Up 2

Just now, nzkev said:

Profound stuff I notice you refer to him a bit, do you have a link to one of his best works and I will watch it now

His books Unseen Realm and Reversing Hermon are well received and YouTube has many of his lectures.

The Knox college lecture is one of the most encompassing and the Supernatural seminars are also very informative. His various talks on the Divine Council give the basis for much of his work. This is referred to as 'the Deuteronomy 32 worldview'.

• Loved it! 2

We also need to note that the Targums of both the Tanakh and the apostolic letters were freely circulated in the time before Yeshua and afterwards. Since most first century Jews read and spoke Aramaic, the Targums would have been used a great deal. Some are fairly accurate regarding the Hebrew text and some were a little more editorial and included 'editorial comments'.

To get a really accurate rendition, scholars have reviewed the very conservative Qumran texts.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  55,875
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

People who speak and read Greek New Testament manuscripts tell me that when Jesus quoted the old testament most of the time it was directly quoting the Greek Septuagint.   A few Aramaic and a few Hebrew but mostly Greek.

• Thumbs Up 2

9 minutes ago, charisenexcelsis said:

Dr. Heiser is a good scholar. Not sure that he would approve of the manner is which his work is used.

Well, send him an email and ask him.

Just now, charisenexcelsis said:

His ministry is largely internet. since you are a devoted student, invite him to come.

Not entirely correct. Most of his videos are of personal church attendances and lectures physically all over the USA.

He was working with/for Logos and is a renown and recognised scholar and author/teacher.

• Thumbs Up 1